Superior Drummer 3 questions...

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi, first post here....

Questions about SD3:

1) When it goes on sale, how much does it usually go for? I can wait but if its worth it (see next question) I don't know if I want to wait as long as Black Friday...

2) I am moderately invested in Addictive Drums 2... mainly because it came with SONAR when I bought it but I have bought some extra kit packs and midi packs as well as Addictive Trigger and its expansion pack. Is SD3 worth the expense if I already have a lot of the AD2 line?

3) What is a fair price for SD3 in the used marketplace?

Thanks all.

-dp

I remember SD2 being quite heavily reduced just before SD3 came out (think about 60-70% off RRP - I think I paid around £100 UK), as that's when I bought it, but can't remember SD3 being reduced since, the recent sales were just for expansion packs.

Can't really answer your other questions as have no experience of other drum VSTs - although I do have mDrummer which I look on as a perfect counterpart because it can come up with randomised parts and output MIDI that I can feed into SD3 for more authentically natural sounding drums.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

I’m selling my SD3 for $200 if you’re interested.

I usually see SD libraries at 30% discount with the odd fire sale at maybe 40-50% max. SD3 doesn’t goon sale a lot though, at least not yet and I’ve never seen it heavily discounted.

SD3 is great but AD is likely good enough unless you really need all the flexibility or play e-drums.
I haven’t really compared AD and SD in detail but the latter does anyway sound much more realistic than EZ drummer if that’s what you’re looking for (ez and ad are often compared). SD3 has more room mic options, layering, flexible mixer with lots of effects, more variation in libraries, deeper sampling etc. than AD2.

Been playing drums for 20 years so I’m very tough customer to please. The cool thing with sd3 is that you get the raw unprocessed sounds, but be prepared to spend more time with setting up kits unless you use the presets (some libraries have a lot of them, others just a few but they are usually quite good).

simmo75 wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:13 pm I’m selling my SD3 for $200 if you’re interested.
Heh, yeah that's what prompted this question. I've already sent you a PM and replied to your reply... :wink:

Thanks for the responses. I'm not really concerned about the effects as I usually just run each kit piece to its own channel in Studio One completely dry and do my own effects processing from there (Console 1, H-Reverb, parallel processing, etc.) That flow works really well for me.

I'm probably just GASsing... perhaps looking for fresh inspiration which often comes with a new toy... errrr.... tool. :D But it does look like a nice piece of software.

It’s very, very good. You should buy it :phones:

Return to “Instruments”