BASSYNTH - Organic Low End.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

At the risk of starting a shitstorm here, I wonder if that comes down to the fact that the people who work on sample packs and things like this generally seem to be much more in the world of studios, musicians and production than the computer nerd types who make a lot of softsynths?
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

You mean what is at the root of the stigma here about romplers that some feel?
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

Not really, it was in response to the previous comment about how playable this instrument is. I've been moving songs across from Orion to Cubase lately, which involves trying to replace the irreplaceable Wasp with something else. A lot of Wasp's magic comes from it's response to velocity and it has amazed me how many VSTi simply cannot be programmed to respond in a natural/useful way. ArcSyn can sound a lot like Wasp at times but as soon as you throw something with lots of velocity variation in it, ArcSyn fails completely. So then I tried SynthMaster One, which has a similar problem, Monument Bass plus a couple of others and none of them could manage to sound even close to the way Wasp does with zero effort. Eventually I tried Korg's PolySix, which was perfect straight out of the gate. Unfortunately, it sounds nothing like Wasp but at least it does velocity well.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

BONES wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:30 pm At the risk of starting a shitstorm here, I wonder if that comes down to the fact that the people who work on sample packs and things like this generally seem to be much more in the world of studios, musicians and production than the computer nerd types who make a lot of softsynths?
I can only speak for ourselves here (of course), but I guess this comes down to a lot of things.

For ourselves, we are a very small company with just a handful of very dedicated people, all of whom also make music / or compose professionally outside of creating products. We only make tools that we'd like to use ourselves, in our own music, and we are all (especially myself!) very OCD when it comes to all aspects of sound design, recording etc etc. The latter can sometimes be a negative thing - I must admit.

In short, our goal is to make tools for people like us - people who make music.

I'm a sound designer at heart. and as well as doing the Wave Alchemy thing, I also do sound design and write music for movies, TV, Hollywood trailers etc - as well as producing my own music.

Matt is a very well respected music producer, engineer and programmer.

We like to work on fun projects that mean something to us, and we also sometimes work on projects for other companies too - we created both Hybrid Keys and Analog Dreams for Native Instruments, as two examples..

To go back to my point - the most important thing for us is to create tools with those who create music(or compose) in mind. And just as important - to keep the quality of sound design to an incredibly high standard at every stage, and always ensuring it's a cut above what others are doing.

These are our goals and the approach we take when starting a new project :tu:
http://www.wavealchemy.co.uk

Specializing in the development of forward-thinking virtual instruments and sample libraries.

I bought Drumvolution through Plugin Boutique a few months ago - do I qualify for the extra 25% off as a loyal customer?

Neptune45 wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:36 pm I bought Drumvolution through Plugin Boutique a few months ago - do I qualify for the extra 25% off as a loyal customer?
I bought Complete Drums 2 and Revolution from PIB also. Any loyal discount? Please, send me a message please ( ale@baroni.net.br )

Thank you.

wave alchemy wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:59 am we are a very small company with just a handful of very dedicated people,
Bassynth is not working correctly here. I've sent a mail a while back but no answer back yet. You guys busy ? :wink:
More BPM please

Komplete Kontrol can't find the Bassynth NKI although Kontakt standalone loads it fine.

It's looking for it in Wave Alchemy/BASSYNTH/Instruments/

It is in Wave Alchemy/BASSYNTH - there is no instruments path on my system

Anyone know how to resolve this?
'and when we got bored, we'd have a world war...'

dionenoid wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:15 pm
wave alchemy wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:59 am we are a very small company with just a handful of very dedicated people,
Bassynth is not working correctly here. I've sent a mail a while back but no answer back yet. You guys busy ? :wink:
Have they responded yet?

Dirtgrain wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:28 pm
Have they responded yet?
Nope.
More BPM please

I have used a lot of bass synths; but Wave Alchemy's new Bass Synth is a mind-blowing instrument for bass. Simply put it's the best I've heard! Great sound!

^ One post since 2014?

Dirtgrain wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:25 pm ^ One post since 2014?
Matrix bug?

Okay, i just registered here only to write my experience here concerning the Bassynth.
I already own the Spectrasonic Trilian and thought, maybe i don´t need another Bass Mashine.
But i could not be more wrong.
While i love Trilian for what it is, i really really absoluetely love the Bassynth!!!
I never used a Plugin with so much Fun since a long time.
These Presets sound perfect and production-ready out of the box.
Of course: when it comes to presets theres always a question of ones own taste.
But even if you are not happy with the Presets there a four sound engines to play
with and mix the four different sound-sources newly together.
11GB of GREAT sounding sounds for as much as 150 (or 120 right now) Bucks.
That is a an absolute no brainer for me.
Best wishes from Germany.

Please send me a PM with your e-mail address (or order number), and I'll look into this and get right back to you :tu:
http://www.wavealchemy.co.uk

Specializing in the development of forward-thinking virtual instruments and sample libraries.

Return to “Instruments”