Beatmaker Horror Box: can it be automated?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I can't find any info about how to automate the various sliders in this VST:
The VST does'nt list any parameter, and i don't have any reference for midi CC, and no hardware available right now, so i'd like to avoid to try to write events for each CC to see what happens, this is why i'm asking here before...

Thanks
Ensoniq SQ1, Korg Wavestation A/D

Have you tried contacting the developer?

https://www.electroniksoundlab.com/

Mr Arkadin wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:29 pm Have you tried contacting the developer?
https://www.electroniksoundlab.com/
I tried the Beatmaker site but is gone, i did'nt know they are ElectronikSOundLab now.

Thanks!

Well they have Horror Box XL so I assume you have an early free version and I assumed it was the same people. I'm interested in the XL now, love horror libraries.
Last edited by Mr Arkadin on Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Still no answer :(

What do you mean by automate?

Automate in a host? If so, which one?

From the image on their site, it looks like you can assign the mod wheel to parameters. Can you send CC:1 changes to the plugin and modulate whatever it is mapped to?

Forgotten wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:28 pm What do you mean by automate?
Writing events (or using DAW tools) to alter the value of the various parameters in certain points of the track.
Forgotten wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:28 pm Automate in a host? If so, which one?
FLStudio: it lists the "automatable" parameters exposed by a VST.
Forgotten wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:05 pm From the image on their site, it looks like you can assign the mod wheel to parameters. Can you send CC:1 changes to the plugin and modulate whatever it is mapped to?
I've tried to send any CC, and seen/heard nothing changing, other than what the ModWheel do on the filter.

Parduz wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:41 pm
Forgotten wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:05 pm From the image on their site, it looks like you can assign the mod wheel to parameters. Can you send CC:1 changes to the plugin and modulate whatever it is mapped to?
I've tried to send any CC, and seen/heard nothing changing, other than what the ModWheel do on the filter.
Sorry I don't know FL Studio, so I don't know how to modulate CC's, but I would think that if the plugin responds to the mod wheel then you should be able modulate the same parameters with CC:1.

I found this old thread about automating the mod wheel in FL Studio, and it sounds like it's not very straightforward compared to other DAWs:

viewtopic.php?t=335893

i took a look and yeah...i dont see a way to do it either. moving a knob/slider doesnt display a value, "browse parameters" doesnt show anything at all (and i mean anything...the window doesnt even open), "last tweaked" doesnt give a value, "link to controller" responds to the controller, but doesnt effect the plugin, and the plugin responds to the mod wheel (i can hear the change) but theres no visual feedback and it also doesnt display the changing value.

odd.
ImageImageImage

Has anyone tested whether it works in any other host? It might be an issue with FL Studio. I would check but it's Windows only...

Return to “Instruments”