Available now: Tone2 Icarus2.5 - Wavetable Workstation

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Icarus3

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:21 pm
Markus Krause wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:50 pm Just had a phone call with the guys from Bitwig in Berlin. On the phone they did not want to forward me to a programmer or give me the email of a programmer. I had to write an email their support and received a support ticket...
Sorry to hear that. Hopefully you have better luck with Fxpansion. Their synths work perfectly in Bitwig so maybe they've come across the same issue and know how to deal with it?
+ 1, i use Bitwig every day and like it, but this kind of attitude is a shame !
Yes, Angus from Fxpansion is the man, Vojtech from Meldaproduction has a great mpe implementation too, same with Oliver from Uvi...
Markus, what Daw do you use?
Best
YY

i have problems to use mpe in bitwig. it doesn*t recognise the sliders from the seaboard, they work only in equator. So i use mpe only in ableton. In ableton i have to route some midi traks to my mpe instrument.

in bitwig the sliders on a seaboard are routed to the first three macros. assign those to whatever you want to control and you’re good. nice thing is that you can have as many macro pages as you want and save them with presets too.

you can also have one to many macro controls to params and use the modulators as well. it is better than direct assignment once you get into it. believe me.

i know how to custom map,..... But on ableton the cypher 2 and strobe 2 are working like equator, so the 3 sliders and the x/y pads are already mapped how they should be. It's working like a hardware - software combination like komplete kontrol or kore

I had a conversation with Rodger Linn. He said only very few devices do send the MPE configuration message. My measurements confirm this. As a result you will have to enable MPE manually in most receivers. The seaboard itself also does not seem to send a MPE configuration message when you power it on.

For best compatibility with hardware and software i recommend these settings:
- 48 semitones pitchbend range
- Number of midi channels: 15
- Slide CC: 74

You can also use CC 1 (Modwheel) for the Slide CC if a synth uses the modwheel for changing the timbre in patches.

What about making it possible to route FX types like reverb and delay to an extra output bus? Since DAW eqing and compression might not be desired on reverb, or at least different than applied to the dry signal.

Can Icarus 2 show sub- and sub-sub-folders in the wavetable menu-browser ?
If not would it be possible to implement this. If a user has many own wavetables they can not be shown in v 1.6, if they are in sub and sub-sub folders.

From what I have seen and read about Icarus 2 it seems to become the new king of wavetable synths.
Really good work !
Is there now a release date ?

I will examine if it is possible to add additional output buses. This must be examined properly, because it could make old songs incompatible with Icarus2.

Sub-folders for wavetables will be supported. Sub-sub-folders will not be supported. The risk for technical problems is too high. There were also only one other user who requested this far.

Icarus2 is very stable now. We only had to fix minor issues during the last month.
Sound-design will be finished on October the 31st.
Icarus2 will be released in early December.

Markus Krause wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:16 am Icarus2 will be released in early December.
On my Christmas List! :tu:
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:21 am
Markus Krause wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:16 am Icarus2 will be released in early December.
On my Christmas List! :tu:
Any news about the upgrade price?
Fernando (FMR)

Will there be a public beta before December?

Most likely there will be a public beta at the end of November.

Markus, can you kindly send an e-mail notification of that beta to registered users (of Icarus)?

I am not sure if this is a good idea. Most people do not like it to receive too much 'spam'. That's why I try to send out as few newsletters as possible.

I will send out emails when Icarus2 is officially released.

If there should be a public beta i will also create a thread in our forum.

Best Regards,
Markus

Return to “Instruments”