Available now: Tone2 Icarus2.5 - Wavetable Workstation

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Icarus3

I was a little bit skeptical about the upgrade but Markus added some interesting stuffs already, will upgrade during the official release whenever it comes.

Is there some news about the matrix slots expandability and the possibility for dedicated macros? there is not mention yet about that but even if were added in a future update (if it is not there yet) of I2 would be nice.

Regarding the rent-to-own, I think that Tone2 already does some half prices specials during the year. If affordability is the issue, just some sales would be better; also because I definitely don't like the idea to install additional "license managers", C/R or some mechanisms that makes the user completely dependent of services in order to use the Product we pay = Dependency = No Product, I prefer the key file 1000 times.
Last edited by JunSev on Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

exmatproton wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:24 pm
W23 wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:59 pm
Markus Krause wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:11 pm
---
We currently have no plans for a rent-to-own system. I personally hate what Adobe did with the Photoshop-subsription-system and am still using and old version because of this reason.
Amen
+1
+2

+ 3

Has probably been already mentioned, but as i couldn't find it in the initial post i'll mention again: what about Arp MIDI out and / or MIDI export / drag & drop for host use / other synths?

Regardless of that, day 1 worthy upgrade for me anyway - if not that, at least ASAP in case i miss the launch
The GAS is always greener on the other side!

I reserved space in the patch format for additional matrix slots including the option 'modulate send level by another source'. Future updates can implement this without breaking compatibility.
I also analyzed the factory content of Icarus 1.6. Only 2 from 1000 patches did use all matrix slots and there was stuff assigned which did have not effect on the sound.

------

I can not promise that there will be a preorder available.
We are a very small company and it is difficult for us to keep the complete overview about the project and to handle everything properly.
I also do not want to give out a version to the public that has not been properly tested.

------

Midi out is on my feature-2-do-list. Most likely there will be some kind of support for this.
I first still must check out the technical specifications and run some tests before i can give more infos about it.

------

Rent-to-own will most likely not be implemented since it requires a (mostly) permanent internet connection.

Nice, looking forward for this great upgrade. :)

Hey Markus,

Would it be possible for Icarus 2 to coexist with Icarus 1? Or will it overwrite it? I think it may be useful if they are separate VSTs, so that people can test the new version separately.

mdstudio wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:27 am Hey Markus,

Would it be possible for Icarus 2 to coexist with Icarus 1? Or will it overwrite it? I think it may be useful if they are separate VSTs, so that people can test the new version separately.
He's already said it will replace the old version version and be totally backward compatible. If you wanted to test the new version just backup the old one first. Much easier that it replaces the old version.

Icarus2 will be 100% downwards compatible. You will be able to load all your existing songs and patches without any further steps necessary.

On PC you can install both versions at the same time if you select different installation directories. Then rename one of .dll files.

Markus Krause wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 2:32 pm Icarus2 will be 100% downwards compatible. You will be able to load all your existing songs and patches without any further steps necessary.

On PC you can install both versions at the same time if you select different installation directories. Then rename one of .dll files.
:party:

Will it be able to read and import multisamples and sfz?

Btw your filters are a-ma-zing !
My sounddesign: Synth1/Ex5/D-50 patches https://goo.gl/zE3pkk
My stuff: W10x64i7 15" laptop, Reaper/Cantabile3+Synth1+Avenger on stage+NordStage2+Samson Graphite 49
Loving new VPS Avenger! Check my skins! https://goo.gl/MBNJHj

Bought Icarus tonight, mainly because of the plans for V2 and the free upgrade! Otherwise I might have gone for Electra... They are both great though.

Agreed, the filters are outstanding.

Screw it, bought Electra today as well. YOLO!

Thank you a lot for supporting our small company!

I am glad that you like my filter so much! The filters in Icarus are a 'best-of' collection of over 100 filter types that i developed since 2002.

SFZ support for Icarus is not planned. However i have added this within a free update of Electra2 (v2.7).

Markus

Markus Krause wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:55 am Thank you a lot for supporting our small company!

I am glad that you like my filter so much! The filters in Icarus are a 'best-of' collection of over 100 filter types that i developed since 2002.

SFZ support for Icarus is not planned. However i have added this within a free update of Electra2 (v2.7).

Markus
What's the difference between Icarus and Electra then? Maybe have a comparison table? Icarus seems the best of all, but Elektra says, the only synth you need... ;-)
My sounddesign: Synth1/Ex5/D-50 patches https://goo.gl/zE3pkk
My stuff: W10x64i7 15" laptop, Reaper/Cantabile3+Synth1+Avenger on stage+NordStage2+Samson Graphite 49
Loving new VPS Avenger! Check my skins! https://goo.gl/MBNJHj

Return to “Instruments”