Available now: Tone2 Icarus2.5 - Wavetable Workstation

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Icarus3

Ah! Thank you!
Just a touch of EQ and a tickle of compression

Thanks to all who took part in the demo-track contest!
We received many nice tracks and will listen to them carefully. The winners will be announced before Friday here:

https://www.tone2.org/forum/index.php?topic=2763.0

Finally had a chance to work with Icarus 2 some... excellent upgrade! I like the new GUI much better and so much new functionality!! Thumbs up for MPE!

I do get graphics glitches and that is new too. Hopefully that gets sorted over time.

Thanks a lot for taking part in the Icarus demo-song competition.
We have received many great tracks. We hope you enjoyed creating them as much as we enjoyed listening to them!

We carefully picked out the best ones from 98 tracks. Because of the large number of good submissions we decided to give out additional prizes.

The winners are:

1st prize - Tone2 Complete Bundle ($999):
EvotronicX

2nd prize - 1 synthesizer and 1 effect of choice:
TORLEY

3rd prize - 1 synthesizer of choice:
Panos Douke

4th prize - 1 effect or sound-set of choice:
Okan Dilek

5th prize - 1 effect or sound-set of choice:
Ruan de Lange

The best tracks that we received can auditioned here:
https://www.tone2.com/mp3download/Tone2 ... Future.mp3

Product page & further demotracks:
https://www.tone2.com/icarus.html

We plan to do demo-song also for our other synths - so those who did not win this time will get another chance.

Enjoy the music!
Markus & Troels

^ I don't own any of your synths but enjoyed the concept and the realisation of the competition, nice job man.

Congratulations Tone2 for organizing this music production contest and also congratulations to the winners, for the good tracks I just heard earlier in the .mp3 file shared with us!

I finished the Icarus2 trailer:
https://youtu.be/awXJrWb31Wc

Now that Tone2 have shut up shop on future vsti it would be great if they released all their vsti as open source.
Tone2 have made some good synths over the years.
Please release them as open source, so others that are still in the market can learn.

They are still selling the synths, they are still releasing bug fixes, and they will continue developing Icarus 2. Why should they then release the code for free?
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

starflakeprj wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:57 pm They are still selling the synths, they are still releasing bug fixes, and they will continue developing Icarus 2. Why should they then release the code for free?
Others have released code for free, its not exactly an unknown concept.
But now that Tone2 announced they are not developing any new Synths why not?
Older Synths like Saurus for example could help future developers learn good coding practices.

I've seen other Synths released into open source even get improved.
Its a win win.

Kian Russell wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:37 pm
star[i wrote:[/i]flakeprj post_id=7667582 time=1581965869 user_id=352558]
They are still selling the synths, they are still releasing bug fixes, and they will continue developing Icarus 2. Why should they then release the code for free?
Older Synths like Saurus for example could help future developers learn good coding practices.

Its a win win.
they didn't say they're closing shop, just not developing new synths. they're a business... and, like any business, engage in business practices, not philantropy. give them a break.

Kian Russell wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:37 pm
starflakeprj wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:57 pm They are still selling the synths, they are still releasing bug fixes, and they will continue developing Icarus 2. Why should they then release the code for free?

Its a win win.
What does not developing more synths have to do with suddenly making their existing synths free. If spectrasonics never make another synth, should they suddenly make their existing synth, Omnisphere open source? That is the weirdest thing I've ever heard. Tone2 have made synths which they maintain, and they are now for sale. And you think it is a win win for them to suddenly make them free? Good luck running a business with that mentality.

Why are you bringing Spectrasonics into this discussion?
Are they quitting vst development?
I am not trying to run a business just spread some freebies.

Kian Russell wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:18 pm Why are you bringing Spectrasonics into this discussion?
your agenda has nothing to do with tone2... or any other developer. find companies that have completely shut down, and chase them for their code... and let's get back on track, discussing icarus2...

Kian Russell wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:18 pm Why are you bringing Spectrasonics into this discussion?
I used Spectrasonics as a comparison because they will probably not ever make another synthesizer, as they have said that Omnisphere is the only synth for them. I used that case to demonstrate the absurdity of the logic in thinking that a company should open source their synths because they aren't going to be creating more synths.

Tone2 aren't closing up shop or quitting VST development. He just said they aren't going to be developing new synths.

Return to “Instruments”