Is the Market Finally Saturated?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Aliens wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:39 pm Right, before the lock clicks down, so the German consumer market has no effect on world wide sales of software and hardware by NI.
It probably does though, as the German market is a good analog for the world market, as is the market in France, UK, US, etc.

Not a direct relationship, but certainly it's an indicator for global consumer confidence.

NI brought in nearly 100 million in revenue, so I'm led to believe. That's not a reflection of a downwards turn in the economy or local market. That they only made 3 million in profits is their real issue.
Of course, in a global recession it may be correct, but Germans not buying gear, if that's even true, doesn't affect the ability of Australians, Chinese, Canadians and the Welsh from picking up their credit cards.

https://www.digitalmusicnews.com/2019/0 ... s-layoffs/

"It appears as though NI generated €68 million ($75M USD) and about €19 million ($21M) in other operating income. Total revenues for NI were only €88.2 million ($97M) and NI generated €84.6 million in expenses. That means NI only turned €3.6 million ($3.3M) in profit. That’s a severe drop compared to profits reported in 2016 and 2015."

Forgotten wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:56 pm
wagtunes wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:53 pm
Forgotten wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:48 pm
wagtunes wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:43 pm Except that company would NOT have lived on if I just walked out the door.
We all like to think of ourselves as being indispensable, but the truth is that when important employees leave companies pick up the pieces and carry on.

I've heard people say "the company will go under without me" a ton of times, but never seen one fail when those people go.
And who was going to train the new programmers with everybody else gone?
Well that's the point - it seems like there's an impossible situation, but companies get by somehow.

It might even be as extreme as new developers having to reverse engineer the code, but as I've said I've seen it happen quite a few times.
Yup, it is very often happening in companies, when some senior developer is leaving - 'how will the company survive without him?'. 3 months later noone remembers about him anymore. Seen that plenty of times.

Aliens wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:28 am NI brought in nearly 100 million in revenue, so I'm led to believe. That's not a reflection of a downwards turn in the economy or local market. That they only made 3 million in profits is their real issue.
Of course, in a global recession it may be correct, but Germans not buying gear, if that's even true, doesn't affect the ability of Australians, Chinese, Canadians and the Welsh from picking up their credit cards.

https://www.digitalmusicnews.com/2019/0 ... s-layoffs/

"It appears as though NI generated €68 million ($75M USD) and about €19 million ($21M) in other operating income. Total revenues for NI were only €88.2 million ($97M) and NI generated €84.6 million in expenses. That means NI only turned €3.6 million ($3.3M) in profit. That’s a severe drop compared to profits reported in 2016 and 2015."
NI are a private company so they don't get as much scrutiny into their finances as public companies. But anyway those expenses look like they were done for tax purposes. To reduce their overall tax burden.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

wagtunes wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:43 pm Except that company would NOT have lived on if I just walked out the door.
We all like to think of ourselves as being indispensable, but the truth is that when important employees leave companies pick up the pieces and carry on.

I've heard people say "the company will go under without me" a ton of times, but never seen one fail when those people go.
I have seen entire departments get let go or get outsourced. I've seen one guy leave over money only to see the company spend three times as much for years trying to replace his output. It isn't always "the company goes down". It could mean the entire department goes away and the company stays.

Usually when management is arrogant and stupid, they'd rather put up a positive face and quietly pay triple (or proudly claim they are saving so much money even if the product has gone a bit downhill) than ever admit a mistake.
THIS SIGNATURE DOES NOT VIOLATE THE KVR FORUM RULES.

lagavulin16 wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:20 pm

I have seen entire departments get let go or get outsourced. I've seen one guy leave over money only to see the company spend three times as much for years trying to replace his output. It isn't always "the company goes down". It could mean the entire department goes away and the company stays.

Usually when management is arrogant and stupid, they'd rather put up a positive face and quietly pay triple (or proudly claim they are saving so much money even if the product has gone a bit downhill) than ever admit a mistake.
Yep, that's very often the result - if a company lays off key employees then end up spending a fortune in consultants and additional staffing to get things back on track again. It's definitely counter-intuitive.

Return to “Instruments”