Is the Market Finally Saturated?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Forgotten wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 1:50 pm If one G7 country is sick
so this is our fault?
:oops: sorry bout that.

highkoo wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:42 pm They probably just fired the people that have left MX in such a state.
That would be upper management and as far as anyone can tell, they haven 't fired themselves :tu:
Always Read the Manual!

chk071 wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:54 pm such a smart person like yourself
If you hadnt been so excited to personally attack me, you might have realized how ridiculous you sound.
You dont think NI owns its own code, you f**king moron?
ImageImageImageImage

with all respect, ok.

highkoo wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:02 pm
chk071 wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:54 pm such a smart person like yourself
If you hadnt been so excited to personally attack me, you might have realized how ridiculous you sound.
You dont think NI owns its own code, you f**king moron?
They may own it, but if they fire all the programmers who exactly is going to fix it?

Other professional programmers...?
Are we all taking crazy pills today?
ImageImageImageImage

highkoo wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:22 pm Other professional programmers...?
:party:

Who would still need to be brought up to speed and without the knowledge/guidance/support of the original development team. This isn't McDonald's where anyone off the street could be brought in to replace any laid off staff...

Edit: it would take precious time away from productive/profitable development, something that a company who has presumably fired 20% of it's workforce to cut costs/boost profits, would not seek to do (unless they themselves are downing the crazy pills of course).
Last edited by PieBerger on Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Always Read the Manual!

Yes, they would have to familiarize themselves with it, obviously. As at any f**king job.
No doubt NI as at least some minor infrastructure in place to ensure its programmers are not encrypting their IP behind some personal wall of insanity..

Are we acting like a hand off of a f**king synthesizer is such an impossible task that programmers who deliver broken shit should be allowed to remain, because their work would both so valuable and so indesipherable?

Where are the f**king pills?
ImageImageImageImage

highkoo wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:33 pm Yes, they would have to familiarize themselves with it, obviously. As at any f**king job.
No doubt NI as at least some minor infrastructure in place to ensure its programmers are not encrypting their IP behind some personal wall of insanity..

Are we acting like a hand off of a f**king synthesizer is such an impossible task that programmers who deliver broken shit should be allowed to remain, because their work would both so valuable and so indesipherable?

Where are the f**king pills?
Who says that it's the programmers fault for delivering a sub standard product? If they were under ridiculous pressure, without proper support from upper management, like the Glassdoor reviews seem to suggest, then you can't really argue that it's their fault the product was a shambles. Can you prove that the DSP programmers went behind the backs of their team leader/s, product manager and all of the other senior management tiers normally responsible for making big/final decisions, like "is this synth ready to be sold commercially" to release something into the world that wasn't up to scratch?

Edit: wording
Always Read the Manual!

Folks,
I was joking about the MX team being the firings, but that might actually be the best move for NI;
  • They obviously are somewhat incompetant.
  • MX need not be salvaged at this point.
  • The money can be spent hiring some more loop-makers. Content!
I just saved the company!
PieBerger wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:40 pm Who says that it's the programmers fault for delivering a sub standard product?
Yea I dont think its really possible for us to know, but from the feel of the whole thing from announcement to today, the fault probably lies with some kind of project manager or something. I doubt any individual is really allowed much influence on the whole, but Id guess there are people in charge of organizing the whole.
Last edited by highkoo on Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImage

yay!

highkoo wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:44 pm Folks,
I was joking about the MX team being the firings, but that might actually be the best move for NI;
  • They obviously are somewhat incompetant.
  • MX need not be salvaged at this point.
  • The money can be spent hiring some more loop-makers. Content!
I just saved the company!
I still don't know if you're joking about joking about your previous comments, it's spicy I like it :party:
Always Read the Manual!

You obviously have no clue about programming in a business environment so let me fill you in as a former computer programmer with over 25 years of experience before I retired.

At my last job, and the reason why I said screw this and retired, the company got bought out. Everybody except ME was let go. Why was I the only one kept? Because they needed SOMEBODY to train the new programmers to familiarize themselves with the software. It has nothing to do with programmer encrypting shit or anything stupid like that. The code can be right out in the open with red flags all around it, completely documented. It doesn't matter. When a new team is brought in to take over software that they have no f**king experience with there is a HUGE learning curve. Without some kind of guidance from SOMEBODY who is familiar with the program, that learning curve becomes massive or downright close to impossible. That's why companies DON'T lay off whole departments unless financially they have no choice.

After I trained the new programmers (familiarizing them with all the library routines alone took months) they got rid of me because they didn't need me anymore. I mean hell, I kind of figured that was coming but still, a little loyalty?

I don't care how experienced a programmer you are (and these guys have 10 years with the company who bought us out) you don't just walk in and program somebody else's code. If you had any f**king idea what you were talking about you'd know this.

See, I can use bad language just as much as you do.

Ass.

ooh, this thread got lively :hihi:

Return to “Instruments”