SynthMaster One v1.3 Release Candidate 2: New envelope types, wavetables & waveforms from P6 OB6

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SynthMaster One SynthMaster One iOS

dakkra wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:22 pm I'm having some tuning issues with the 1.3 beta. SM1 seems to run about a semitone higher than it should be. I compared it against Bitwig's native polysynth and SM2 just to make sure. As far as audio setup goes, I run at 48khz sample rate. Even setting the global scale to EqualTempered multiple times has not solved it.
What is your global a4 tune set to ?
Screen Shot 2019-08-11 at 23.15.27.png
I just noticed that when the global setting is loaded, it defaults to 460, I'll check the code that loads the global setting.

Once again let me say this: This is a beta build and that's why we're testing, because there might be things that I overlooked :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

Jbravo wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:11 pm I've found that having the GUI open causes latency issues. Is this one of the bugs which you mention?
Win or Mac? I thought I fixed it on Windows. Are you sure you're running v1.3 ?
Works at KV331 Audio

mevla wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:34 pm In 3 years, 653 jams and 81 of them on Soundcloud, first time I have to adjust the tuning of a synth.
I'm sorry but what kind of attitude is this? See my post above for the solution. The global A4 setting defaults to 460 Hz in the beta build.
Works at KV331 Audio

Seems you cant set it to 440Hz, and it remain there.
rsp
sound sculptist

kv331 wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:29 pm
Jbravo wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:11 pm I've found that having the GUI open causes latency issues. Is this one of the bugs which you mention?
Win or Mac? I thought I fixed it on Windows. Are you sure you're running v1.3 ?
I'm using Win but not the latest Beta, i'll give it a try
THIS IS MY MUSIC: http://spoti.fi/45P2xls :phones:

Jbravo wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:38 pm I'm using Win but not the latest Beta, i'll give it a try
Which version are you using? We're talking about v1.3 here, not v1.2
Works at KV331 Audio

zvenx wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:37 pm Seems you cant set it to 440Hz, and it remain there.
rsp
Don't get this. You can set the "Global A4 Tuning" dropdown. It's just not saved in the settings file correctly.
Works at KV331 Audio

kv331 wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:27 pm I just noticed that when the global setting is loaded, it defaults to 460, I'll check the code that loads the global setting.

Once again let me say this: This is a beta build and that's why we're testing, because there might be things that I overlooked :)
Yes that was it! I'll be sure to watch for that now. I understand that this is a beta. That's why the video is unlisted and the title specifically says beta. Cheers!
My Setup.
Now goes by Eurydice(Izzy) - she/her :hug:

And the config file does say 440.

rsp
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sound sculptist

Can attest of the following issues (running 64bit version in Ableton Live 10.1, Windows 10) :

- Default tuning is 460 Hz when I first load the plugin in a project
- Legato is absent from the polyphony drop down menu
- Some of the patches that I saved in anterior versions didn't translate to this version. In fact the issue is that patches that involved PM or AM need to have the sub osc operating the modulation pitched up or down one octave so that they sound like intended
- On satYatunes skin, both pitch bend and mod wheels seem to be misplaced in the UI
- Draggable FX window (I can click and drag the fx window, moving it slightly to the right or left)
- Not sure for this one, but I believe the FX On and Off button are inverted (satYatunes skin)
- The 'clear modulation' option when right clicking a knob doesn't seem to work (additionally when I clear modulation on a filter's cutoff it completely prevents from having the associated envelope and lfo from modulating it)

Now on the update side of things :

- I don't think that having filter/envelope shapes display in the middle window when simply hovering cutoff/resonance/attack etc knobs is a good idea, makes the plugin quite flickery for me
- Full size 32 steps arpeggiator ! :party:

Howgs wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:07 pm - Legato is absent from the polyphony drop down menu
Thanks for your valuable feedback!

Legato is now one of the "voice trigger type" settings. This setting affects how envelopes are triggered:

1. Normal: envelope initial value is reset to zero and stage is reset to attack stage whenever the voice receives note on message
2. Resume: envelope stage is reset to attack stage but envelope initial value is not reset, it resumes previous value.
3. Legato: neither envelope stage not envelope value is reset

As far as I know, "Resume" is the default behaviour in mono/poly synths. Please correct me if I am wrong. When voices are "stolen", the envelope values are not reset to zero.
Works at KV331 Audio

mevla wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:34 pm
dakkra wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:22 pm I'm having some tuning issues with the 1.3 beta. SM1 seems to run about a semitone higher than it should be. I compared it against Bitwig's native polysynth and SM2 just to make sure.
Just did a test track, in Bitwig, and I had to lower the tuning of Synthmaster One to 432Hz so that it falls in line with the bass notes from u-he's ACE stock tuning. In 3 years, 653 jams and 81 of them on Soundcloud, first time I have to adjust the tuning of a synth.
Were you using samples or wavetables as sound source? Could it be a tuning problem on them?

Anyway, 432 is not a semitone - far from it. To lower it a semitone, it would have to be tuned at around 415
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:23 pm Anyway, 432 is not a semitone - far from it. To lower it a semitone, it would have to be tuned at around 415
Please read my posts above, the 1.3 beta opens up with 460 Hz as the default tune. There seems to be a bug with the persistance of the global a4 tune setting.
Works at KV331 Audio

kv331 wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:32 pm
mevla wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:34 pm In 3 years, 653 jams and 81 of them on Soundcloud, first time I have to adjust the tuning of a synth.
I'm sorry but what kind of attitude is this? See my post above for the solution. The global A4 setting defaults to 460 Hz in the beta build.
Your post above is from 2:27 pm.

My comment is from 1:34 pm.

Sorry if it has offended feelings.

Another comment from me underlines the fact that this is a beta build.
Last edited by mevla on Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

fmr wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:23 pm
mevla wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:34 pm
dakkra wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:22 pm I'm having some tuning issues with the 1.3 beta. SM1 seems to run about a semitone higher than it should be. I compared it against Bitwig's native polysynth and SM2 just to make sure.
Just did a test track, in Bitwig, and I had to lower the tuning of Synthmaster One to 432Hz so that it falls in line with the bass notes from u-he's ACE stock tuning. In 3 years, 653 jams and 81 of them on Soundcloud, first time I have to adjust the tuning of a synth.
Were you using samples or wavetables as sound source? Could it be a tuning problem on them?

Anyway, 432 is not a semitone - far from it. To lower it a semitone, it would have to be tuned at around 415
The sounds involved were:

Synthmaster One : Listless Spaces BT (atmos/pad)
ACE: HS Colour of Chloe (bass)

One uses waveforms called, for OSC 1 : Additive Organ 1 OSC 2 : Bellish Wavetable 1

ACE does not know any concept of wavetables or samples.

432Hz sounded good. This was a quick test. It is not perfect but then the atmos/pad sound has a fair amount of modulation and is only a background part combined with two Icarus sounds and a Synthmaster 2 "Cosmic Sines RL" plus a solo pianoteq piano, it sounded good.

Return to “Instruments”