SynthMaster One v1.3 Release Candidate 2: New envelope types, wavetables & waveforms from P6 OB6

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SynthMaster One SynthMaster One iOS

kv331 wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:25 pm
mevla wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:18 pm
If anyone cares: One and 2 are running fine in Bitwig on Linux, using wine staging and linvst. Xubuntu 18.04 LTS with stock low latency kernel.

Cheers.
That is great to hear!
It's great to hear that it's great to hear :hihi:
I use your synths in linux Reaper, but I have updated
the linux Bitwig 8Track, so I'll try the beta there, as well.
I'm no coder, but I always assume instruments that run well
in linux/wine/linux daws are very well coded.
Love the midi out, and now a 32 step arp :hyper: :party:
Cheers

Reefius wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:21 pm Also, what exactly do you mean by compatible with the NKS standard, am I supposed to be able to browse the presets in Komplete Kontrol? Cause I don't see them there.
Did you do a scan in Komplete Kontrol?

Thanks for the beta, Bulent, downloaded, installed and running with no issues.

Old bug - The pitch wheel on the gui is still displaying as always down until it's moved with the mouse.
Arp query - When the arp is expanded (which is a great feature), on my version I don't see it like your screen shot, I get a mini version of the arp instead of the keyboard. Which way should it be? Is it a setting I've missed or just user error on my part?

Where is legato mode?
Am i missing something,i can't play legato,it's not in the menu,only mono and poly mode.
Is there something changed or this is because of beta stage...?

glokraw wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:04 am I'm no coder, but I always assume instruments that run well in linux/wine/linux daws are very well coded.
Or at least they have tamed dependencies and have a concise detailed view of the project.

Sometimes it can be appalling to observe that developers, called 'experts' by peers, do not have much of a detailed view on the hows and whys things are running.

Hopefully this wasn't the case with Boeing's fatalities.

Back to Synthmaster One beta: I have heard one loud pop yesterday bypassing the audio system to arrive full blast in the monitors. It's still in beta, so beware. It happened when loading back a project in Bitwig with One already being there and supposedly still having a preset, as all other plugins do, and started playing a note immediately. I haven't checked it again but will do.

Cheers.
Last edited by mevla on Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Last edited by Vortifex on Mon May 17, 2021 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vortifex wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:34 pm Does this fix all the bugs it has when used in FL Studio?
Frankly I dont know
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

I'm having some tuning issues with the 1.3 beta. SM1 seems to run about a semitone higher than it should be. I compared it against Bitwig's native polysynth and SM2 just to make sure. As far as audio setup goes, I run at 48khz sample rate. Even setting the global scale to EqualTempered multiple times has not solved it.

I also tested this in Mulab with a MUX, SM2, and SM1 and I get similar results. Did the test in Mulab to ensure Bitwig wasn't configured wrong.

CFR this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPM_L1iS2Kc
My Setup.
Now goes by Eurydice(Izzy) - she/her :hug:

Last edited by Vortifex on Mon May 17, 2021 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vortifex wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:34 pm Does this fix all the bugs it has when used in FL Studio?
I've found that having the GUI open causes latency issues. Is this one of the bugs which you mention?
THIS IS MY MUSIC: http://spoti.fi/45P2xls :phones:

Vortifex wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:36 pm For some weird reason it sometimes defaults to that tuning. It happened to me too. You have to go into the settings to change it.
Changing global scale to EqualTempered didn't help. No settings for it int he settings pane (1.3). Clean install also didn't fix the issue. Still about a semitone high
My Setup.
Now goes by Eurydice(Izzy) - she/her :hug:

dakkra wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:22 pm I'm having some tuning issues with the 1.3 beta. SM1 seems to run about a semitone higher than it should be. I compared it against Bitwig's native polysynth and SM2 just to make sure.
Just did a test track, in Bitwig, and I had to lower the tuning of Synthmaster One to 432Hz so that it falls in line with the bass notes from u-he's ACE stock tuning. In 3 years, 653 jams and 81 of them on Soundcloud, first time I have to adjust the tuning of a synth.

Last edited by Vortifex on Mon May 17, 2021 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vortifex wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:42 pm
Jbravo wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:11 pm
I've found that having the GUI open causes latency issues. Is this one of the bugs which you mention?
Don't think that's happened to me. My main issue is the sound of my project cutting out when Synthmaster One starts playing. Sometimes it completely crashes the DAW.
ok not had that happen yet but I've not used it much. The latency thing seems new.
THIS IS MY MUSIC: http://spoti.fi/45P2xls :phones:

Return to “Instruments”