SynthMaster One v1.3 Release Candidate 2: New envelope types, wavetables & waveforms from P6 OB6

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SynthMaster One SynthMaster One iOS

Hi folks, I'm glad to announce SynthMaster One v1.3 Beta! Registered users can download at: http://betas.synthmaster.com/userarea.aspx

We have very exciting new features for this release:

1. Added 120 new presets designed by BT (Brian Transeau) and Kurt Ader
2. Added new White skin, designed by Satyatunes
3. Added new scales and better microtuning/scala support.
4. Added voice stealing/voice trigger parameters
5. Added larger arp windows for blue/white/gray skins
6. Increased number of arp steps to 32
7. Added drag-n-drop scale import support
8. Added cloud based syncronization of user presets
9. Added cloud based online presets library for users to share their presets publicly
10. Users can now add custom attributes (tags) for their presets
11. The instrument categories/attributes are now compatible with NATIVE INSTRUMENTS NKS standard

Screen Shot 2019-08-10 at 19.29.24.jpeg
Screen Shot 2019-08-10 at 19.21.33.jpeg

We also have critical fixes:

1. On Windows, UI drawing takes too much CPU cycles resulting in poor performance
2. When a mono preset plays for the first time, SynthMaster doesn't initialize variables causing overflow/crashes
3. When modulations are clear/removed for a knob/slider control, the control still displays modulation ring around it.
4. When a section is copied and pasted, modulation matrix entries are reset incorrectly
5. When a value is changed with mouse wheel, the value shown on the tooltip window is incorrect

The Demo of SynthMaster One v1.3 Beta is available at: https://www.synthmaster.com/synthmaster.one.aspx

Feel free to report issue here. The beta period will last for 2 weeks and I'm hoping to release it around August 25th. We will also be releasing SynthMaster One iOS v1.3 for both iPad and iPhone afterwards and then I'll dedicate my entire time to SM3 development (many of the architectural changes have been implemented on SM1 v1.3 already so I'll borrow lots of code from there)

Cheers

Bulent
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by kv331 on Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

Thanks Bulent
rsp
sound sculptist

Alas the white Skin still has Synth/Browse Reserved and the sections text needs to be vertically centered imho.

rsp
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:04 pm Alas the white Skin still has Synth/Browse Reserved and the sections text needs to be vertically centered imho.

rsp
That's why this is a "beta" release :lol:

Other known issues:

1. Some BT presets have missing wavetables (I sent him the list, waiting him to send me those)
2. We haven't finished adding all scales, we'll be adding at least 100 more scales.
3. We haven't finished editing instrument categories. NKS has more to offer to categorize presets, so we'll take advantage of those.
4. Font rendering is different between Win/Mac platforms, causing vertical alignment issues.
Works at KV331 Audio

That's great for the UI fixes. And the 'white' skin looks very nice in the screen shots. Also looking forward fo the other added features and fixes.

When I got both One and 2 I immediately noticed the large difference in UI handling with One kind of sweeping the whole UI for every little user change here and there, while 2 being optimized and only updating the UI where it's required. And that's on Linux where the Windows adapter software uses some resources by itself, making more apparent software details like this.

If anyone cares: One and 2 are running fine in Bitwig on Linux, using wine staging and linvst. Xubuntu 18.04 LTS with stock low latency kernel.

Cheers.

kv331 wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:08 pm
zvenx wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:04 pm Alas the white Skin still has Synth/Browse Reserved and the sections text needs to be vertically centered imho.

rsp
That's why this is a "beta" release :lol:

Other known issues:

1. Some BT presets have missing wavetables (I sent him the list, waiting him to send me those)
2. We haven't finished adding all scales, we'll be adding at least 100 more scales.
3. We haven't finished editing instrument categories. NKS has more to offer to categorize presets, so we'll take advantage of those.
4. Font rendering is different between Win/Mac platforms, causing vertical alignment issues.
Of course, but since Satya commented on it in the alpha stages I assumed it would have been fixed by now .
I see you have removed the old Satya skin too?
rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:21 pm I see you have removed the old Satya skin too?
rsp
Yep, because it was hard to maintain, and now we have 5 different skins to maintain:

Proto-Gray- skin
Blue skin
White skin
iPad skin
iPad Pro skin

Go figure :)
Works at KV331 Audio

mevla wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:18 pm
If anyone cares: One and 2 are running fine in Bitwig on Linux, using wine staging and linvst. Xubuntu 18.04 LTS with stock low latency kernel.

Cheers.
That is great to hear!
Works at KV331 Audio

installed the beta and opened komplete kontrol but i can't see synthmaster one .

Amram wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:40 pm installed the beta and opened komplete kontrol but i can't see synthmaster one .
1. did you install the vst dll to the folder where your DAW scans for vsts?
2. if you did, and had a prior version intstalled, try deleting the following files and rescan vst plugins again:

<my documents folder>/synthmasterone/config/synthmasteroneconfig.txt
<my documents folder>/synthmasterone/config/synthmasteronepresets.xml
Works at KV331 Audio

Hello,

I have tried to contact support but entering the captcha code did not succeed after many tries. So here's the message:

I'm trying to download the sound banks I have in my user area, for instance the Big Tone sound banks, and it does not work, resulting in files of 386 bytes each. In the same session I've downloaded and installed Synthmaster One so downloading works. It's only with the sound banks that it does not.

By the way, the Synthmaster One UI (beta) update is great !

Cheers.

mevla wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:54 pm I'm trying to download the sound banks I have in my user area, for instance the Big Tone sound banks, and it does not work, resulting in files of 386 bytes each. In the same session I've downloaded and installed Synthmaster One so downloading works. It's only with the sound banks that it does not.
Please download from the regular site at:

https://www.synthmaster.com/userarea.aspx

or better yet, do it within the plugin.
Works at KV331 Audio

I'm getting this error when trying to load the preset 80's Pluck BT:
error.jpg
Also, what exactly do you mean by compatible with the NKS standard, am I supposed to be able to browse the presets in Komplete Kontrol? Cause I don't see them there.

kv331 wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:08 pm ................

Other known issues:

sound sculptist

kv331 wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:48 pm
Amram wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:40 pm installed the beta and opened komplete kontrol but i can't see synthmaster one .
1. did you install the vst dll to the folder where your DAW scans for vsts?
2. if you did, and had a prior version intstalled, try deleting the following files and rescan vst plugins again:

<my documents folder>/synthmasterone/config/synthmasteroneconfig.txt
<my documents folder>/synthmasterone/config/synthmasteronepresets.xml
i am on mac osx
I went to
/documents/SynthMasterOne
And deleted the files above.
Rescan all libary on KK 2.1.4 (R8)
And nothing

Return to “Instruments”