Loopmasters Loopcloud 5 going subscription

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Loopmasters Boom SFX library has new issue in that the "free" samples are showing up in free searches but instead of being free have credit costs attached to them

Not sure whether or not they're supposed to be paid or free but if paid they shouldn't be showing up in free search and if free they shouldn't have credit costs :)

Also from same library BOO_Military_Radio_FX_24.wav has no preview attached to it

sandblast wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:59 am
bassline22 wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 5:02 am can you use loopcloud play and drum if your not a premium user?
You have to take out one of the subscriptions to use the plug-in suite instruments. Don’t know why, because if they gave you some generic starter kits/sounds you’d be more inclined to visit the store.
Hey, no you dont - you get 10 drum kits free and 100 play presets all free, if you want more then you need a subscription, and i expect more free ones are coming
check us out =! - http://www.loopmasters.com

sandblast wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:23 am Signed up this morning, Studio membership. Really want to like this software and i’d Be incredibly disappointed if I have to bail out on it. Everything, after just ten minutes, seems logical and fast moving and fluid.

Then I downloaded Drum and Play, opened them in Live 10 to get an Error message re missing sound content. For me both plug-ins have come minus sounds. The tutorials seem straightforward and thorough but is there a pdf manual for the nitty gritty..? Thanks.
sounds like you had an install issue just email your details to support@loopmasters.com and you will be sent a link to follow

Rivanni wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:57 am
Digivolt wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:55 pm Also preview limit, it's way too restrictive, I can't preview sounds I may want to buy, it doesn't make me want to sign up, it just means I stop using the store for the day
Yes, this restriction is really stupid. I'm not going to buy samples I can't first listen too.
Even more stupid is the same limit on free samples you can download.
Oh well, I'll stick it use it as a browser for my own samples.
there is no preview limit with subscription, which is the only way you can buy sounds in Loopcloud, and the limit of 100 previews per day for your 5 free sounds also applies only to non subscribers.. however being able to search 25,000+ free samples by tag, preview in time and pitch then select 5 that work for you, to us seems inspirational and is of course, free. giving full access to 25,000 free sounds would probably not enable us to stay in business for long and provide the level of service we want to. Pro subscription allows unlimited previews of free content and 50 downloads per day.

Thanks for correcting me, loopmasters. I assumed a subscription was necessary to use the plug-ins because on the Pricing page on Loopcloud the Plug-in Suite component has got a red cross against it on the Free section. Apologies.

I have since deleted V5, due to too many glitches/errors, and returned to V4 but i will indeed contact support and give V5 another go. Thanks for your help.

@loopmasters, don't leave me hanging! I'll repeat my questions from the previous page;

Regarding x-amount of daily free samples - how do you see how many you have remaining?

When does the daily free limit reset, or do they rollover?

Is there a way of having free sam ples displayed differently in your library? In V4, all the 'free' samples were in the loopcloud inspiration (or something similar) folder, so as not to clutter up your full libraries. Can we do something similar, else we'll end up with hundreds of root folders in the library in no time at all. Same goes for any single samples you buy, can we separate those titles from our full packs?

How do we open a play or drum instrument from within loopcloud?

@loopmasters. Thanks for getting in here and answer questions.
Signed up for Studio subscription - and I had hoped that this change to subscription would open up the door to all the packs in your catalog. E.g. I cant seem to find a single product related to the Future House genre? Will Loopcloud still only hold a selection of packs and not the entire catalog?
music // twolegs // geometriae
sounddesign // twolegstoneworks

Damion - An update on some of your LC5 teething issues:
damion.obrien wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:14 pm no dark mode, drag and drop audio into DAW now titles as multitrack sample rather than the sample name
Will both be fixed in an update. I expect it to be out before the weekend unless we discover any problems in testing.
damion.obrien wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:14 pm no way to remove the multi tracks taking up view space if you don't want to use
The multi-track is actually really useful even if you are working with single samples. It functions well as a shortlist if you leave it in solo mode. And the additional space is about 30 pixels. I think we will add an option to hide 'Relevant Products' though which will do much more for getting vertical screen space back.
damion.obrien wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:14 pm default image don't want can't get rid and too large.
You mean the bigger search row height? Click on the button in the top left of the filter toolbar to toggle this on and off. We made this setting sticky in 5.0.17 which came out yesterday.
damion.obrien wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:14 pm Back to 4 which was really good .Loopmasters have wrecked this.
Hope that helps,

Jim.

Thanks Jim for the reply,

Those changes you mentioned will be helpful.

However I take it the other changes I highlighted from the previous version aren't to be changed?

-The sampler now always opens on Home page with purchase packs meaning every time I open the plugin I have to switch to 'Your Library' with no option to change this default unlike previous versions.

-Dragging a processed loop onto a DAW now titles all loops as multitrack loop # compared to the sample's original title .I have to re title every track I add from Loopcloud. Again this has changed since version 4.

These may seem two small changes but the amount of time this will add to my workflow compared to the previous version is noticeable.

Also do you guys have a link to the latest version 4 as I only have a version 3 installer?

Many thanks for the reply

damion.obrien wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:50 pm -The sampler now always opens on Home page with purchase packs meaning every time I open the plugin I have to switch to 'Your Library' with no option to change this default unlike previous versions.
It's only one click to get your library open...? I guess the problem is that no-one on the team uses the Library view by default. I think we will need to discuss it and get back to you.
damion.obrien wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:50 pm -Dragging a processed loop onto a DAW now titles all loops as multitrack loop # compared to the sample's original title .I have to re title every track I add from Loopcloud. Again this has changed since version 4.
Sorry, I'd bundled two of yours together in my previous reply. I fixed this earlier today. It'll be in a build before the end of the week.

@jcredland If you have time, could you share your views on the following points please?

Regarding x-amount of daily free samples - how do you see how many you have remaining?

When does the daily free limit reset, or do they rollover?

Is there a way of having free sam ples displayed differently in your library? In V4, all the 'free' samples were in the loopcloud inspiration (or something similar) folder, so as not to clutter up your full libraries. Can we do something similar, else we'll end up with hundreds of root folders in the library in no time at all. Same goes for any single samples you buy, can we separate those titles from our full packs?

How do we open a play or drum instrument from within loopcloud?

Another feature which would improve things massively would be hearing the realtime changes to the pitch / volume / whatever else without having to let go of the mouse button first.

Lastly, when the tracks are playing and you make changes to a sample, the fact it resets the playhead to the start on all tracks gets pretty old, fast. I realise that's likely a deeper issue due to however the sync is programmed, but it'd be really nice if things would stay in sync without going back to the start. I could have sworn V4 did that when selecting new samples? Or maybe I'm thinking of Noiiz. Any plans on changing this in the future?

Is there somewhere official for feature requests?

Could we get the ability to have the BPM multipliers on a per track basis rather than affecting all 8 tracks?

Thanks for that Jim, that's great. I will try the updated version 5 when out.

m-ac wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:52 pm Regarding x-amount of daily free samples - how do you see how many you have remaining?
Good question. We need to add that as a feature! The account dialog maybe?
m-ac wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:52 pm When does the daily free limit reset, or do they rollover?
Midnight GMT
m-ac wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:52 pm Is there a way of having free sam ples displayed differently in your library? In V4, all the 'free' samples were in the loopcloud inspiration (or something similar) folder, so as not to clutter up your full libraries. Can we do something similar, else we'll end up with hundreds of root folders in the library in no time at all. Same goes for any single samples you buy, can we separate those titles from our full packs?
Good request. Not something we have a good feature for right now, but I can see why it's important. I'll pop it on the list for a design discussion. This might be more of a 'can I tidy my tree view' plus 'can i put new packs in a default location' request really i think? As what behaviour happens if you buy 1 sound from a pack, half a pack, a whole pack...
m-ac wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:52 pm How do we open a play or drum instrument from within loopcloud?
Explain what you mean?
m-ac wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:52 pm Another feature which would improve things massively would be hearing the realtime changes to the pitch / volume / whatever else without having to let go of the mouse button first.
Ah yeah - we can look at that. It's a non-real-time system the audio editor which has it's advantages and disadvantages. I'm sure we can make it feel more real time though.
m-ac wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:52 pm Lastly, when the tracks are playing and you make changes to a sample, the fact it resets the playhead to the start on all tracks gets pretty old, fast. I realise that's likely a deeper issue due to however the sync is programmed, but it'd be really nice if things would stay in sync without going back to the start. I could have sworn V4 did that when selecting new samples? Or maybe I'm thinking of Noiiz. Any plans on changing this in the future?
When not connected to the DAW? I think maybe I've buggered this up, or we've had a competing request for the opposite :) Will discuss - see if anyone remembers why we made it restart! This seems quite important to fix.

m-ac wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:33 pm Is there somewhere official for feature requests?

Could we get the ability to have the BPM multipliers on a per track basis rather than affecting all 8 tracks?
I've put this in our JIRA backlog...!

Return to “Instruments”