Loopmasters Loopcloud 5 going subscription

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Digivolt wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:21 pm What's the thinking around limiting the ability to preview sounds ? Also what is the limit ? I didn't find any info on what it is and whether it includes previewing sounds within your own library
I would guess it's to limit the potential for a bot script to go through the list and record the audio without spending any points.

Tbh I'd like to have a studio sub, WITHOUT any cloud service :lol:

Can someone explain where I now find the free samples? The instructions say "Simply find a pack that you like and click the “free” tag in the product header to see the free sounds for that pack"... what "free tag"? I can't see one!

Just use the search bar and type "free" and all 25,000 will show up, you can add extra tags to refine your search but it's nowhere near ideal

Digivolt wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:00 pm Just use the search bar and type "free" and all 25,000 will show up, you can add extra tags to refine your search but it's nowhere near ideal
This doesn't work for me. Typing "free" in the search bar brings up just 1023 results.

The method of finding free samples in a specific pack, as my previous post (copied and pasted from the Loopcloud help page) doesn't work either.

Edit: found it; if I select "Free" in the search bar FIRST then select a specific pack, there is then a "Free" filter which appears in the pack header.

can you keep 4 and install 5 and run either one till you decide which one suits? or does installing 5 overwrite 4?

+1 any dev that responds courteously on KVR. I'm in for a try.

Would also like to know what the reasoning behind the nix of the preview feature for free users is - seems like a shot to the foot, though as a small business dev I get that we have families to feed and as said before - maybe the streaming costs were adding up? Just curious though.

I've often had to have up-front conversations with customers that ended with "well, if we keep doing that for free, we won't be in business, and won't be able to do it for at all". But in a real nice way, of course :)

redlester wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:39 pm Edit: found it; if I select "Free" in the search bar FIRST then select a specific pack, there is then a "Free" filter which appears in the pack header.
Yeah - we need to make that easier. I'll either make the free tag visible under additional or put 'Find Free Sounds' in the menu. Otherwise we will be doing tech-support on this for the next decade :)

Matt, I'm struggling to find a the code for 50% off the first year for Studio and Pro... Can you point me in the right direction please and confirm when these will expire, i.e. do I have enough time to take Loopcloud 5 for a free spin first?

jcredland wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:19 am
redlester wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:39 pm Edit: found it; if I select "Free" in the search bar FIRST then select a specific pack, there is then a "Free" filter which appears in the pack header.
Yeah - we need to make that easier. I'll either make the free tag visible under additional or put 'Find Free Sounds' in the menu. Otherwise we will be doing tech-support on this for the next decade :)
It would be great if we could save or favourite searches and have them as clickable tags next to the "home" tag like this

Not sure how practical this would be ?

It's already done. Click on the magnifying class to save a search. I think Command-L (or Control-L) on windows will open the saved search menu.

I tried adding a little down arrow to the magnifying glass to make it clearer that it was a feature but I couldn't make it look anything other than ugly! I'll try again!

jcredland wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:13 pm I tried adding a little down arrow to the magnifying glass to make it clearer that it was a feature but I couldn't make it look anything other than ugly! I'll try again!
jcredland wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:12 pm It's already done. Click on the magnifying class to save a search. I think Command-L (or Control-L) on windows will open the saved search menu.
Brilliant thanks, in regards to the down arrow, why not place it to the right of the Magnifying glass ? There's plenty space in the search bar and I've seen it used in other UI's :tu:

jcredland wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:13 pm I tried adding a little down arrow to the magnifying glass
One thing I really need in LC please. A possibility to add a whole sample pack to wishlist/bookmark it. Now I can pick a single sample and favorite it but while browsing through the catalog, I often find something interesting that I want, but won't buy immediately. So it'd be useful to save that so I can find it later.

I can do it in the web browser though..

Btw I'm trying to add the European residents promo code but I get "invalid code" notification?

Return to “Instruments”