Loopmasters Loopcloud 5 going subscription

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Pluginboutique is offering Loopcloud to me free, with about 800 mb of samples. Should I bother installing it if I'm not intending on getting a subscription?
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

Dirtgrain wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:05 pm Pluginboutique is offering Loopcloud to me free, with about 800 mb of samples. Should I bother installing it if I'm not intending on getting a subscription?
The Loopcloud bundle - that's free with any purchase this month featuring three packs, Retro Electronic, Chill LA Trap & House Shift, around 2.8gb of sounds, as well as the Loopcloud software is a no brainer. Even if you don't use Loopcloud you can download the sample packs to use in your DAW. Even the free version gives you two multitracks & allows you to organise the samples already on your computer. Try it and see.

Unless you see no need for a software that allows you to store all of the samples already on you're computer and put them in key and bpm and chop them up while synced to ur DAW...the no..but for the rest of us it's a game changer
Dirtgrain wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:05 pm Pluginboutique is offering Loopcloud to me free, with about 800 mb of samples. Should I bother installing it if I'm not intending on getting a subscription?

Loopcloud is nifty. I had not realized it's potential--just scrolling through the patterns presets shows a lot of potential. It's far deeper than I thought.
Last edited by Dirtgrain on Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EDIT: I was wrong
Last edited by Dirtgrain on Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EDIT: I was wrong.
Last edited by Dirtgrain on Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bobhva wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:03 am The fact that you can't buy points without a subscription is the final deal breaker for me.
+1

Sign of the times... :scared:

XorXisT wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:57 pm
bobhva wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:03 am The fact that you can't buy points without a subscription is the final deal breaker for me.
+1

Sign of the times... :scared:
As a Pro subscriber 500 extra points would cost me £14.99. If i was on a basic free subscription i could get 600 points for taking out a one month Pro subscription at £17.99 or 300 points for a Studio subscription at £9.99. A one month subscription is a way of buying points.

out of curiousity can loopcloud 4 and 5 run together?

Dirtgrain wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:08 pm Ok, so it's nice to have links to samples in one place, but Loopcloud is baiting. Having several of the effects applied to the pattern settings only to see them evaporate in your daw is annoying as hell. KMA Loopcloud for that marketing scheme. I'll be looking for an alternative to organizing samples.
That's definitely not how it's supposed to work! Without a subscription export should still export what you just heard. Can you just tell me what you are doing to export to the DAW? Dragging from 'PROCESSED' I hope?

Ah, you are right. I will adjust my previous post. My apologies.

I have to say the Loopcloud is CRASHING like hell during index of my sample collection...then again i might be a case limit for which Loopcloud was not intended cause my collection is close to 2 million samples...
anyhow to index this collection is taking days and days....it does a few hundreds and then it stop (rainbow disc on mac) and i have to force quit and reopen it...

as for details abut the programs i agree with the vast majority who are saying that the program is full of frills a that are absolutely unnecessary...why do we need plugins when we have a DAW? same thing for multitrack! even if i was the rookiest of the rookiest and just started yesterday making music i would not multitrack inside loopcloud when i have a full dedicated DAW for it...
Pattern preview could be a nice idea for drums one-shot, but honestly XLN XO is on a whole different level for that , granted its a paid product and it's based on a different idea of sound organization but it's really amazing for what you can achieve musically....
as for synth, instruments one-shots ...more then using few patterns it would be great to use the midi from inside the daw (like for instance ableton sampler/simpler "hot swap") that way it would be really useful browsing different synth instruments in place....
So in the end what LOOPCLOUD was really great and useful for was LOOP searching and browsing (really appreciate the listening in key function too) and i think LOOPCLOUD shold have insisted and try to perfectionate that specific tool, but Loopmasters being mostly a "sample shop" and having they started offering a free product maybe they felt obliged to go in the direction they chose for business reasons.....
thank you anyway for the great idea!

loopus wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:25 pm I have to say the Loopcloud is CRASHING like hell during index of my sample collection...then again i might be a case limit for which Loopcloud was not intended cause my collection is close to 2 million samples...
anyhow to index this collection is taking days and days....it does a few hundreds and then it stop (rainbow disc on mac) and i have to force quit and reopen it...
Happy to look at this. When you get a rainbow disk open activity monitor, select loopcloud and choose 'Sample Process' from the gear menu. Send the output to support@loopmasters.com.

It should work fine with 2m samples but it is slow to do all the analysis (sorry - there's a lot of work to do detecting keys and bpms!). We have an idea for massive speed up but probably won't be done till the end of the year.
as for details abut the programs i agree with the vast majority who are saying that the program is full of frills a that are absolutely unnecessary...why do we need plugins when we have a DAW? same thing for multitrack! even if i was the rookiest of the rookiest and just started yesterday making music i would not multitrack inside loopcloud when i have a full dedicated DAW for it..
Multitrack - try shoving it in solo mode and use the tracks as a shortlist of ideas. It's not supposed to replace your DAW :)

And....how to do boolean searches? i remember it used to be possible in some old version...

I really want to love loopcloud, but after trying it for a few days it seems rather "slugish?" Everything takes a bloody long time to load, and many of the preview panes don't populate for 10 or more seconds. Is this standard? Also, is there a manual? I sunc my personal library, but can't find any explanation as to how i would search it. It merely shows up as a directory of all my sounds. is that normal? ugh! thanks.

Return to “Instruments”