Loopmasters Loopcloud 5 going subscription

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

m-ac wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 1:08 pm @jcredland When you add your own samples to the library, does it duplicate them or just read them from their original location? What about when you edit one of your own files within loopcloud - does it save the edited version separate to the original sample location?
It doesn’t duplicate them. If you edit your own files when you drag or otherwise export the file it makes a new audio file in a separate location.

I’ve got a design in mind for a more flexible set of export save location options that I think will help keep files together with projects. I’ll let you know when it’s ready for some feedback.

jcredland wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 5:49 pm
m-ac wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 1:08 pm @jcredland When you add your own samples to the library, does it duplicate them or just read them from their original location? What about when you edit one of your own files within loopcloud - does it save the edited version separate to the original sample location?
It doesn’t duplicate them. If you edit your own files when you drag or otherwise export the file it makes a new audio file in a separate location.

I’ve got a design in mind for a more flexible set of export save location options that I think will help keep files together with projects. I’ll let you know when it’s ready for some feedback.
:tu:

mgw38 wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:50 pm
mgw38 wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:27 am I still have issues with disappearing waveform previews when I upload samples to the cloud. Therefore: back to Loopcloud support (which is no longer nearly as responsive anymore as they used to be a couple of days ago).
I have now reproduced this bug several times and also contacted their support several times about it. Provided screenshots and everything. No response whatsoever. Neither here nor by email. Sorry, but I need to give this one a pass. It is way too buggy and useful support is basically non existent.
Hi,
We're just testing a fix for this issue internally and it will be included in a new build soon.

Sorry it took us so long to get back to you and thanks for the detailed info - the support team passed it on to me straight away, but it wasn't an easy one to resolve. I hope you'll give it another try. If you do, be sure to check out the coloured previews (that show bass and treble information) these are now avaialble with the dark scheme from an option on the preferences page.

Dave

Good to hear. I decided to cancel the subscription so that I would not be charged. Provided that it allows me to do that I will give it another try once this issue is fixed.
Perambulum wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:52 pm
mgw38 wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:50 pm
mgw38 wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:27 am I still have issues with disappearing waveform previews when I upload samples to the cloud. Therefore: back to Loopcloud support (which is no longer nearly as responsive anymore as they used to be a couple of days ago).
I have now reproduced this bug several times and also contacted their support several times about it. Provided screenshots and everything. No response whatsoever. Neither here nor by email. Sorry, but I need to give this one a pass. It is way too buggy and useful support is basically non existent.
Hi,
We're just testing a fix for this issue internally and it will be included in a new build soon.

Sorry it took us so long to get back to you and thanks for the detailed info - the support team passed it on to me straight away, but it wasn't an easy one to resolve. I hope you'll give it another try. If you do, be sure to check out the coloured previews (that show bass and treble information) these are now avaialble with the dark scheme from an option on the preferences page.

Dave
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

I know it's been mentioned a couple of times already, but are there plans in the near future to allow better folder sorting in your library - hide some folders and file types, group others etc?

m-ac wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 5:38 pm I know it's been mentioned a couple of times already, but are there plans in the near future to allow better folder sorting in your library - hide some folders and file types, group others etc?
Hiding and organising are definitely on the list. I think it'll be a few weeks before it gets strong focus.

FYI: We are just finish testing 5.0.21 at the moment which includes: effect modulation grid snapping (so you can easily do tempo-synced LFO effects), the ability to find files you have loaded in the multi-track in your library or the store (which I think was a request from earlier in this thread), a performance fix for waveform calculations, removal of a crash if a database error occurs and analytics to help track down the occasional issue where the cloud-storage root folder is missing.

We may get another couple of bug fixes in there too.

I'm looking at the various versions - I don't need cloud storage (I'm storing most of my stuff via the 1TB cloud storage as part of my ISP package) and I can't see much of a reason at the moment to go beyond the free version.

Can someone explain to me the "Exclusive sounds". I've read the explanation provided - does it mean that you can't preview or buy these sounds or simply that you can't have them as a freebie?
Pastoral, Kosmiche, Ambient Music https://markgriffiths.bandcamp.com/
Experimental Music https://markdaltongriffiths.bandcamp.com/

ChamomileShark wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 6:12 pm I'm looking at the various versions - I don't need cloud storage (I'm storing most of my stuff via the 1TB cloud storage as part of my ISP package) and I can't see much of a reason at the moment to go beyond the free version.

Can someone explain to me the "Exclusive sounds". I've read the explanation provided - does it mean that you can't preview or buy these sounds or simply that you can't have them as a freebie?
The exclusive sounds are sounds you can get with those points but cannot also get by buying a sample pack from loopmasters.com.

The #1 reason to subscribe is to get points to use on the to 3.5 million samples in the library. The other excellent reasons, including Cloud Storage, free plugins and the advanced new features of LC5 are articulated here: https://www.loopcloud.com/cloud/plans

jcredland wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:58 pm
FYI: We are just finish testing 5.0.21 at the moment which includes: effect modulation grid snapping (so you can easily do tempo-synced LFO effects), the ability to find files you have loaded in the multi-track in your library or the store (which I think was a request from earlier in this thread), a performance fix for waveform calculations, removal of a crash if a database error occurs and analytics to help track down the occasional issue where the cloud-storage root folder is missing.

We may get another couple of bug fixes in there too.
Thank you so much. Those would be great improvements.

I hope you are also working on saving multitracks. If I want to be creative and just make a multitrack and download it later when I am in a less creative mood. I'm sure there are so many different uses of saving!!!

Organizing and hiding would be nice even though I wouldn't use it as much. But I have an idea for you guys. That would be a nice feature because lets say I don't want to use any of the samples I have historically used (which is good for loopmasters and good for users) ... I should be able to exclude a user tag "USERused" in the search. Just an idea to perhaps make it faster.

When, or if, will the Studio annual 50% discount expire?
Don't wanna miss that.

I'll probably get that sub soon and install 5.0.21 as it seems most early bugs are fixed now. Thanks for a great plugin!

By the way, I have many loops and packs from Splice and other retailers that I have manually added to my local LC database. It would be handy if I could somehow locally filter out LC store results of the same packs or even on a individual loop basis since I already purchased them, and it would help in finding new loops in the store if the "duplicates" don't show up.

I understand if this is tricky to do, if so, maybe just the ability to manually block certain packs from store search results. Can also be handy if results keeps showing up for packs that are of no interest. Sometimes the sheer volume of results can be overwhelming and you quit searching (and buying) after a while as the inspiration for what you were looking for fades out.

Is this already in plan maybe?

One more thing - now that it is a subscription model. Would be handy if I can tag a pack in a "watch list" or something like that.

I.e. something I want to get back to and maybe buy later, when I have time, or for a future project, or when I have more points... I think it is best to use the existing favorite tag for stuff you already have. I hope that makes sense.

If you are using the free trial "month" and not fully convinced to throw money at them yet, be sure to cancel at the last moment possible, because it is not like most free trials of other subscriptions which let you use the trial for the full time regardless if you canceled or not. The second you cancel here, you are back to the very fine free mode.

can i remove these unused folders from my library? i didnt download them and they are not on my hard drive so its a pain having these folders.. They were there since loopcloud 3.

jcredland wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:22 pm
gerk wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:52 pm Fixed the crashing issue for large tag searches, however when I go to the "Free" tag and try ot preview anything it does not load. The preview window has the little circle in it and it just keeps spinning. All Free tagged samples have this issue.
Well that's a new problem. What about non-free store items?
Only items with the Free tag. Other store items work fine.
Issue still exists in 5.0.21

Return to “Instruments”