Loopmasters Loopcloud 5 going subscription

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Blaster wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:07 pm http://support.loopmasters.com/

Thanks. I did find that page, but it turns out 2 of my browsers were blocking the popup that is the support form. 3rd browser opened it.

I found the installer for v3 and that is a lot better than v5. It's buggy and disorientating after just getting used to the previous versions. It's a bit of a dog's dinner.

Loopcloud v3 does pretty much all I want anyway, but having the editing features in v4 is nice. Do not like that v5 interface at all. Don't need a multitrack just yet when the rest is so lacking. I have audio editors and DAWs for that.

In fact, the REAPER browser pretty much does all I want for browsing files. At least when it comes to .wavs anyway.

I uninstalled v5 and put on v3 and it worked absolutely fine. Hopefully they will give me a link to v4 (or someone else can shoot me the installer), till they sort things out.

If anyone wants v3 just ask.

I'd be happy to pay good money for a decent loop browser, but as you all know, there isn't one in existence for PC. All these synths and drum machines and FX, but not one single decent loop browser.

Can't help thinking Loopmasters might be missing a trick with this Loopcloud thing.

If they provided a decent loop browser along the lines of what they have now, people would pay money for that alone. Then, with the good will generated after embedding themselves in that position, even people like me that don't need loops (I have my own extensive loop library) would happily spend a few quid here or there and buy a few more off them.

I was looking forward to doing that in fact, but it just feels like the whole project has been forked. It's really tacky the way they are shoving the whole loop packs down your face. Bright flashing colours. Opens up on their page to start with not your own loops.

We get it. You are in the business of selling loops. But the market is saturated for many and you will put as many people off as you attract.

I was really excited about this project, but if it just keeps going in this direction I will just delete it off my machine.

There's an opportunity here to really take advantage of this software and get it embedded in people's machines, locking people in so they don't need flashing lights and buggy software.

But what do I know? There is no way in hell I will ever use subscription software. I have the money, but it will never happen. I'd be happy to buy a few tokens and 'donate' to the project that way though. Like I donate to people who make freeware VSTs.

I was just getting in to this software but I feel like the goalposts have been moved. I don't need another DAW in a loop browser. Focus on that.

Hopefully they will sort me out with v4 after the bank holiday, then I'll take a look again at newer versions as they arise.

In the meantime, anyone with the v4 installer, drop me a PM. Likewise if you need v3, hit me up.

Rivanni wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:57 am Searching for 'Free' crashes the latest version (5.0.18) here on Windows 10.
On the positive side, the dark colour scheme is back.
Can you just confirm that if you put it in low-height search results mode (by clicking the list button in the top right (see https://snipboard.io/KufJRs.jpg picture) that it no longer crashes?

We spotting this crash on Friday, seems unrelated to the dark theme upgrade though. I'm looking into it.

Latest version crashes for me, irrespective of whether that button is checked and whether I use the Light or Dark skins. Search for the free tag and it disappears within a couple of seconds.

Working here without crashing

what would be an incredible feature in my opinion and im sure itd be fairly easy to do is to have the ability to apply swing to drum grooves.. Any chance this could be looked at?

xylyx wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:41 pm Latest version crashes for me, irrespective of whether that button is checked and whether I use the Light or Dark skins. Search for the free tag and it disappears within a couple of seconds.
Ok. Thanks for checking. I wish it would crash on any of my computers, it'd make it a lot easier to fix :)

Will be looking at this first thing tomorrow.

It only crashes when looking for the FREE tag? Other searches generally work ok?

jcredland wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:49 pm
shiv10 wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:12 pm 1. This is bugging me the most. Do we not have access to all products on loopmasters? Like I can't find "Tabla grooves" or "Hamsa".
Loopmasters sells products from Exclusive and Non Exclusive Labels and we have nearly all Exclusive labels represented on Loopcloud with in excess of 3 million sounds (exact number is being sent to me this week) and from over 30 top quality labels. We dont have everything that is at Loopmasters.com as some have other contracts that prohibit this and the Loopcloud opportunity is exclusive meaning you won't find these sounds on any other subscription platform anywhere.

Sounds and products are released the same time as at Loopmasters.com and soon in advance (and marked With exclusive tag.

Anything you buy at Loopmasters.com from exclusive or non exclusive labels will show up in your user library within Loopcloud.
check us out =! - http://www.loopmasters.com

m-ac wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:00 am @loopmasters, don't leave me hanging! I'll repeat my questions from the previous page;

Regarding x-amount of daily free samples - how do you see how many you have remaining?

When does the daily free limit reset, or do they rollover?

Is there a way of having free sam ples displayed differently in your library? In V4, all the 'free' samples were in the loopcloud inspiration (or something similar) folder, so as not to clutter up your full libraries. Can we do something similar, else we'll end up with hundreds of root folders in the library in no time at all. Same goes for any single samples you buy, can we separate those titles from our full packs?

How do we open a play or drum instrument from within loopcloud?
There is no way to see how many you have available per day - but its 5 if you are not paying, then 10,25 and 50 if you have artist, studio or pro subscriptions. It resets at midnight GMT
Free samples can't be displayed differently from others, but if you want you can tag them using the tag editor and put them all in a folder etc - that is up to you.

You open play or drum instruments from the instrument, or drag it from Loopcloud onto the instrument

Aloysius wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:30 pm I asked Support for v4. I was told it's no longer supported. I was directed to the v5 page. I asked again for v4 and said I didn't mind if it was unsupported. I was asked why I wanted v4. I directed the support desk to my initial post about why I wanted a copy of v4. I haven't heard from them since.
we are not encouraging people to use v4, it will not be supported moving forward.

We also want to know what were the reasons you want v4 as we feel v5 is much better, so your input may help us guide you, or realise what we have not done correctly

jcredland wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 1:33 pm
xylyx wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:41 pm Latest version crashes for me, irrespective of whether that button is checked and whether I use the Light or Dark skins. Search for the free tag and it disappears within a couple of seconds.
Ok. Thanks for checking. I wish it would crash on any of my computers, it'd make it a lot easier to fix :)

Will be looking at this first thing tomorrow.

It only crashes when looking for the FREE tag? Other searches generally work ok?
Just to flesh out my issue a little: when I start typing "free" into the search box, the free tag shows up and it is when I click on that tag that the program crashes. I've tried other tags and it seems that only the "free" one causes the issue.

codec_spurt wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:00 pm
Aloysius wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:30 pm
I emailed support asking them for a link so who knows, they may get back to me in a couple of days.

Also there is no way to contact support from their website, the link just takes you to a FAQ page, with no way to contact them. I used the addy I got when I registered and had to confirm, so hopefully that works.
support@loopmasters.com available for your enquiries 6 days a week.

also Loopcloud facebook page

bassline22 wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:31 am what would be an incredible feature in my opinion and im sure itd be fairly easy to do is to have the ability to apply swing to drum grooves.. Any chance this could be looked at?
\its on our list 100%

Do we still get the occasional freebies in the "New Inspiration from Loopmasters"? Nothing has popped up there for me since I upgraded.

husker37 wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:24 pm Do we still get the occasional freebies in the "New Inspiration from Loopmasters"? Nothing has popped up there for me since I upgraded.
We changed the system, hopefully for the better:

http://support.loopmasters.com/knowledg ... ree-sounds

And to the poster above I'll see if we can add 'number of free sounds remaining' somewhere in the account page!

bassline22 wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:31 am what would be an incredible feature in my opinion and im sure itd be fairly easy to do is to have the ability to apply swing to drum grooves.. Any chance this could be looked at?
There are two different bits to swing I think. One is taking audio regions you've placed in the editor and nudging them to give a groove of one-shots a cool swing.

The other is nudging audio within a region or existing loop to change the swing (which is more of an art than a science!)

Which were you thinking of?

Return to “Instruments”