SampleTank 4.0.6 update somewhat broken. 4.0.8 now released.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The latest revision of SampleTank 4.0.6 produces a lot of distorted resonant-like clicks on the attacks of a number of instruments. Notably for me: the Stage 73 electric pianos. I rolled back to version 4.0.4 and that appears to have corrected it. Although IK appears to be aware of the problem, I’m just not sure how much they are aware to the extent of the issue.

The new additions to the library that accompanied this update remained intact after the rollback to 4.0.4.

Something that just kills me with their downloading scheme is that there is no indication as to what you might have previously D/L’d from their files list. If IK minimally addended those file names along with their upload dates, that would be a great help. As it stands now, there is simply no way to determine what you have already downloaded. Kind of a mess.
Last edited by Weasel-Boy on Tue Oct 01, 2019 5:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
On a number of Macs

I have not even tried installing 4.0.6.

I had installed 4.0.5 and had issues, tech support told me to wait for the new one to fix it. I rolled back to 4.0.4, and everything works nicely.

Since I had time to read about the problems before jumping in, I decided to wait for the next one.

I agree about the uploaded updates, and how they should be time/date stamped.

Also would not hurt to have a better method for notification of updates/fixes.

I'm still waiting a month on for a solution to the HiDPI issue in Cubase with SampleTank4's GUI.

They told me to wait until the end of July (at the start of July) for a patch that would resolve it. So I waited. Now it is August. They have not resolved this with any patch or any mention of it in a patch. And no communication from IKM Support that directly stated to me, in email at the start of July, "As soon as we have more information, I will touch base with you here via this ticket. "

Don't expect much I'd say..

yeah thats IKM. I love their products but man i dont know if its a lack of manpower or skilled coders or just simple thing as diligence to make 100% rock solid stable on version 1.0 (kinda like U-he products are, even betas are worthy to be a v1 release), but in alot of cases with every new update there is a new bug. T-racks latest version trims down the song by few ms, occasionaly crashes, minimal size of plugins has changed. And even if you report the bugs to the support, you get a replay, but within next update i dont remember anything was fixed from serious bugs, only introduced more serious ones :D

Still hoping tho :)

Here's what I've learned the hard way after too many hours and dollars spent:

A) Sampletank 4 is a disaster, too many bugs, too slow loading and preset switching time and very average sound quality in general.

B) If you need a useable rompler with loads of high quality sounds, just buy hardware workstation/module from one of the big three (Yamaha/Korg/Roland) and you'll focus entirely on creating music instead of wasting time on downloading/installing/chasing support teams just to have an average rompler working. Seriously, nothing in vsts is as straight to the point and high quality as the big 3 products, yes these are more expensive but you get what you pay for.

Bippo wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:38 pm Here's what I've learned the hard way after too many hours and dollars spent:

A) Sampletank 4 is a disaster, too many bugs, too slow loading and preset switching time and very average sound quality in general.

B) If you need a useable rompler with loads of high quality sounds, just buy hardware workstation/module from one of the big three (Yamaha/Korg/Roland) and you'll focus entirely on creating music instead of wasting time on downloading/installing/chasing support teams just to have an average rompler working. Seriously, nothing in vsts is as straight to the point and high quality as the big 3 products, yes these are more expensive but you get what you pay for.
I can highly recommended halionsonic 3. Some of the acoustic sounds are a bit cheesy but the rest s great and it has a much better workflow, multi-core support, better browsing and more importantly I’ve never had any stability issues with it.

Halion sonic 3 is 100% stable.
However, besides the acoustic and electric pianos, I wouldn't consider using any of the acoustic sounds in the final mix of a serious project. Doesn't come close to the quality of integra or motif imo. It is solid however for sketching ideas.

The Integra is few clicks above everyone else sound wise. I wish I still had mine.

Yeah Integra is a beast.
It's quite expensive though, so eventually I bought Roland FA, it doesn't contain all the sounds of integra, but theres like dozens of the acoustic and hundreds of the synth from integra...plus you get a keyboard, and you can download more sounds from their site...and it's cheaper.
Honestly, I've tried all the rompler vsts out there and nothing comes close.

Bippo wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:38 pm Here's what I've learned the hard way after too many hours and dollars spent:

I'm at a point where I think I'm tired of waiting and ready for a refund. It hasn't worked for me from the start. But I did email support back on the email chain we had going, and will await their response (which judging from the previous month of communication will take 3 or 4 more days on top of the 3 I've already waited).

Done with ST4 as well. For good Rompler sounds, the best alternative I have found so far is Halion Sonic 3. No where as in depth sampling features, but it compliments Kontakt well.
I read more than post = I listen more than I talk

I have to think that whatever beta program IK has in place, is not being paid attention to. I cannot imagine how this kind of clicking distortion (it’s anything but subtle) on a good many instruments was not noticed by someone beta testing 4.0.6. My guess is that it was noticed/reported and somehow ignored.

Seriously, imagine you are one of their programmers, and this bug is brought to your attention. Do you think you’d let it out the door before fixing it? It’s enough of a showstopper to force a rollback. That’s the sort of thing you don’t ignore.
On a number of Macs

Hey guys, we just wanted to chime in here. Anyone having issues with SampleTank 4.0.6 can be reassured an update is coming shortly. The team identified the issue and has included it with a couple other optimizations. Stay tuned to My Products for the next build.

@Weasel-Boy The team found and addressed this issue almost immediately after release.We would not intentionally release a build with known issues like this. Moving forward, the team is on it and the update should be coming soon.

@VitaminD, the team passed along your concern and your request for HI-DPI use is posted as a user suggestion. This should be addressed in the future, so please keep a look out for future updates. Check on your support ticket today, you should be getting a reply.
Make sure to keep an eye out on the IK Multimedia web site for future news and promotions!

Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter!

Ryan:

Thank you for the update. Is there an ETA you can share with us?

I was wondering if you might address my concerns about the organization of your library sounds downloads section. Is there anything being considered to make it a bit more user friendly in terms of identifying as to what has or hasn’t been uploaded by the user?

When I opened the page for the accompanying updates for 4.0.6, I found myself wondering whether or not the “SampleTank 4 Instruments Installer 1.1” file was something to be downloaded because it was sitting at the top of the list. I held off because I simply wasn’t sure if it was something new or not, and there is no indication that I may have already downloaded it (along with the 30 or so other files below it). Is that a new file associated with the 4.0.6 update?
On a number of Macs

Weasel-Boy wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:01 pm Thank you for the update. Is there an ETA you can share with us?
I don't have an exact ETA for you, but I can say the team is working on it now, so it should be coming very soon. Keep an eye out.
Weasel-Boy wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:01 pm I was wondering if you might address my concerns about the organization of your library sounds downloads section. Is there anything being considered to make it a bit more user friendly in terms of identifying as to what has or hasn’t been uploaded by the user?
We are also looking into this topic as well as the authorization process. Be sure to stay tuned to our news letter to be the first to hear of anything.
Weasel-Boy wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:01 pm When I opened the page for the accompanying updates for 4.0.6, I found myself wondering whether or not the “SampleTank 4 Instruments Installer 1.1” file was something to be downloaded because it was sitting at the top of the list. I held off because I simply wasn’t sure if it was something new or not, and there is no indication that I may have already downloaded it (along with the 30 or so other files below it). Is that a new file associated with the 4.0.6 update?
The SampleTank 4 Instrument Installer 1.1 has all of the base "Instrument" files (These are like presets, the Samples will contain your audio). This file is not new with the SampleTank 4.0.6 update and can be ignored if you've already downloaded this in the past. This is at the top of the list, as you will need this for any of your sounds to load and appear in SampleTank 4.
Make sure to keep an eye out on the IK Multimedia web site for future news and promotions!

Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter!

Return to “Instruments”