One Synth Challenge #126: Bazz::Murda by DistoCore (MrKarolus is the winner!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bazz::Murda Free Bazz::Murda Pro

X4phantom: hi, why not soundcloud?

diaseis wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:08 pm Hey ! Here is my submission. I tried harder than last time to make a better mix, since this was pointed out as one of my problems :clown: . Even though, I am not very satisfied with it so if you have any suggestion to improve it, I will be thankful for the rest of my life (or at least for the rest of the month :hihi: ).
You should check out Rellik's tracks, he creates amazing sound stages! (OMG Losing Light is such a good track!)

https://soundcloud.com/rellyk

He also answered some of my questions in the comments regarding how he did it:
https://soundcloud.com/rellyk/rellik-la ... della-luna

basa333 wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:00 am X4phantom: hi, why not soundcloud?

I will share my soundcloud-link for the submission (and/or preview) very soon 😁

TrojakEW wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:13 am
Next step to make it more better is:
We should always treat sound source as mono. In reality all sounds are mono. Even if the source is enseble we still should treat it as mono or rather said one source of signal to be able concentrate on overall position. Then we have interaural time difference - difference in arrival time of a sound between two ears.
Been there - even if you say your head is 30 cm from ear to ear, then even when the sound is hard panned to on side then given the speed of sound with 330 m/sec the difference is just minute.
As I said - mixing is not reproducing natural stage, it is exaggerating to make the effect perceivable and the stage comes fom the relative difference in how we "treat" different sources, i.e. bring one to the front, one to the back.

On the other hand I think with the freedom of the tools we have it's interesting to look for super-natural sounds (super in terms of not available in nature, above nature) which are not possible in nature. I mean even the moog synth is such an instrument - and I "abuse" it to make something like a bad simulation of a trumpet with it... ;-) And I look for ultra-width super natural textures all time like you are in a block buster super hero movie...

BR
] Peter:H [

TrojakEW wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:13 am Most of users create stereo effect using different effects like hass, chorus and so on. This is imposible to position because creating pseudo stereo already simulate sound position in bad way.
This is definitely one of my biggest improvements due to OSC. I used to slam a chorus on almost everything for a cheap stereo thrill.

Not being able to do that for this challenge sent me down a rabbit hole on YouTube for months, learning stereo mixing from the pros (and the not-so-pros) there. That was a good lesson.
All Ted Mountainé's Songs on Spotify | Soundcloud | Twitter | His Latest Videos
The Byte Hop, the virtual home of Ted Mountainé – news as they might have happened.

] Peter:H [ wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:59 pm And I look for ultra-width super natural textures all time like you are in a block buster super hero movie...
I do that, too. But in my self-delusional quest for a naturalistic space I don't call them super-natural, I say to myself this is how how things will sound in the deep universe. :hihi: :drunk: :dog:
The Byte Hop, the virtual home of Ted Mountainé – news as they might have happened.

basa333 wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:03 am what I mean is the question, why there is in this treath a big discussion about the mixing and not about musically themes (f.e. choosed sounds, rhythms, chord progressions, tempos etc.)
I think an important reason for this is that in many ways mixing is more of a craft.

I mean, it's not impossible, but it's often futile (not to mention emotionally and mentally draining) to discuss musical decisions/merits based on objective criteria, whereas a lot of the mixing process is merely to do with technique and good general practices that transcend genre and taste. *

(* of course, that's not to say there isn't a personal and subjective aspect to mixing!)

--deleted --
Last edited by doctorbob on Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

basa333 wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:03 am well, you can always found a metaphor to challenge my question, I can make it too. what I mean is the question, why there is in this treath a big discussion about the mixing and not about musically themes (f.e. choosed sounds, rhythms, chord progressions, tempos etc.). ok, you can say, this are comments within the tracks. I want no flames. It's ok. have a nice day.
I can only speak for myself. But we are all individual people making our own decisions regarding writing comments and voting. Everyone has a different background, level of experience and reason for doing OSC. I would say "write the comments you want to see", so if you want to see stuff about music theory, then you should write about it :)

Personally I struggle to write about that because I'm quite a technical person and I'm completely self taught when it comes to music, and I'm in my first year really so everything is new to me. I find making the sounds and mixing easier to learn because they're more technical and easier to study and improve objectively with comparison etc.

Because I'm a beginner, I can't really talk about the music theory on someone else's track without sounding like a complete idiot :lol:. But I have been studying music theory in my spare time, that's why I've been focusing more on the chord progressions and melody and just making stuff not sound out of tune. At least to the best of my current ability (I'm guessing I've improved enough to not get comments about it recently). It's definitely interesting to learn this aspect, but I think it's also the less obvious and more difficult thing to comment on. Also, a lot of it comes down to personal taste... and there's no accounting for taste :hihi:

https://soundcloud.com/user-533161206/o ... -me-please

DAW: Reason
6 instances of B::M
6 Melda EQ
Limiter no6
4 Audiomatic
4 MClass Compressor
2 MClass EQ
1 MClass Stereoizer
1 RV7000 Reverb
1 The Echo

Did not like this synth, made me want to murder face so I made murder music.

Finished my track, will get it up soon. I went a bit crazy with distortion and resonance.
Still might add some background sounds/rise fx.

exponent1 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:04 pm Quick question, since the use of Disto FX is allowed, would it be within the OSC rules to stack up on Disto FX instances as a filter bank along with some automation to get some formant-y or neuro bass-y sounds?
I think this goes against the rules, the idea behind osc is to show the capabilities of the plugin itself without using a bank of FX to add character. You can get neuro reese sounds and formant sounds by automating all the eq stuff from the synth itself. I'm not even using the Disto FX as of now.

This is my entry for the OSC #126. After working with T-Force Alpha 2, BazzMurda was a joy to work with. Had no technical issues with it. Synth is capable of producing some nice sounds. I must excuse in advance that I have a bad habit of adding reverb on separate tracks, instead of setting up a few buses for it, I should really rethink my old workflow :D

https://soundcloud.com/mrkarolus/liquid-energy-osc-126

DAW: Reaper

Mixing:

Bazz::Murda x 31
A1TriggerGate x10
BitterSweet x3
BlueARP x2
bx_subfilter x2
CamelCrusher (only compression part) x 6
FerricTDS x1
Filtr x8
Fohmage x1
Kirnu x1
MAutopan x8
MCompressor x8
Molot x2
OrilRiver x21
ReaComp x2
ReaEQ x28
Rough Rider x1
JS Saturation x10
Spaceship Delay x4
Supercharger x2
Volume/Pan Smoother v5 x4

Mastering:

ReaEQ x1
ReaComp x1
Luftikus x1
MStereoExpander x1
LimiterNo6 x1
SPAN x1
Youlean Loudness Meter x1

here is my entry for OSC #126. this synth has for me some very good sounds, othersides it is really hard sounding.
I hope, you enjoy my "Murdablues".

https://soundcloud.com/user-236567915/murdablues-osc126

daw mulab
18 x Bazz::Murda
5 x Limiter 6
izotope neutrino
6 x built in 4-band eq
5 x built in echo
some automation for gain and pan

I made a mixdown but while it sounds fine on monitors, it sounds very clipped on phone speakers. I listened to Eausons track and it sound fine on phone speakers. I did make a very square shaped mastering and I’m wondering if SoundCloud decompressed the audio a little... but I don’t know maybe I don’t have an excuse. I don’t really understand use of compressor in mastering. I just push with the limiter, if someone has some tips, that would be great

Return to “Instruments”