SpaceCraft Granular Synth available now on desktop (Win/Mac VST2/VST3/AU)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Neon Breath wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:12 am
skyscape wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:48 am The price is a problem because the ios app costs a fraction of the desktop one and does essentially the same thing. Had this just been released for desktop only no one would have batted an eyelid at the $99 price. I understand they are different markets but there doesn't have to be such a huge gap. Make the ios app more expensive and the desktop one cheaper to even it out and I'll buy both. As it stands at the moment, I'm not going to buy either because that price difference is taking the piss.
Audio Damage took pretty much the same approach, with Quanta: $13,99 IOS - $99 Desktop. I guess you didn't get that one neither for the same reason...
Exact the reason for me i do not buy these as well for mac. (Same with Fabfilter, Eventide and others).
But who knows, one day they all make iOS only tools :D

Neon Breath wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:42 am
deltavaudio wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:02 am
Neon Breath wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:51 am @ deltavaudio: Any plan to add random LFO's in an update? I find it quite limited and crippling to only have 3 LFO's with no random one, it can sound easily robotic and repetitive.
Thanks a lot for the feedback. Yes, additional LFO options is on my list for future updates. Your suggestion is noted, and I agree that a random option would be the most interesting to add :)
Nice to hear! Thanks for the reply and info. A random lfo :pray: = :hug:
The iOS version has had a lot of feature updates and hopefully that will be happen with the plugin version also :)
Last edited by fortycoats on Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dirtgrain wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:22 pm
fortycoats wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:12 am Crusher-X does all the above and sounds very similar to the results I get from spacecraft, it's almost 3 times the price though!
I don't see similarity between this synth and Crusher X. I have only demo-ed Crusher X, but it sounded quite different in m y limited uses of it. Also, it functions as an effect. It is damn expensive, yikes.
I agree with you, they don’t look alike and they both can be used as an effect. The sound is largely dependent on the choice of samples loaded, I have gotten similar sounds from spacecraft to what I’m hearing in Crusher-X videos.

I would recommend giving spacecraft a 30 day test drive :)
Last edited by fortycoats on Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vortifex wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:29 pm
fortycoats wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:12 amThe Mangle seems to have inspired the grain movement animation that spacecraft uses. It's very cheap but more limited in comparison
On the contrary, although Mangle lacks the reverb and ringmod, it's capable of loading 8 samples, and each sample layer is essentially a full independent instance of the synth, with key mapping and multiple modulation options. Definitely not lacking compared to Spacecraft.

Main problem is it's buggy and apparently abandoned at this point.
I must admit that once I read it had been abandoned for years while still buggy that was enough info for me personally!

I bought Granite jesterday. Its on sale at the moment for something about 50 Euro or so.
Sounds absolutely fantastic.

:o :clap:

*Edit: rules/spoilers
Last edited by Neon Breath on Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

If it was cheaper for the desktop version I might consider it, but I would rather pay the iOS price and work on my iPad when there's such a big price differential.

Wrong thread, oops
Last edited by fortycoats on Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Interesting video!
Which iOS Granular Synthesizer should you buy?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWzbN7NthF8

Thanks for the info. Slurping now...

*Edit: rules/spoilers
Last edited by Neon Breath on Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Have you heard about the club?
Last edited by fortycoats on Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

First rule of the Club is that you don’t talk about the Club 8)

I will edit mine if you can edit yours that would be great!
Last edited by fortycoats on Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Double post

@fortycoats: done

Return to “Instruments”