SpaceCraft Granular Synth available now on desktop (Win/Mac VST2/VST3/AU)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Ah ok, Renoise doesn't support VST3 (yet). Thanks for explaining.

deltavaudio wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:03 pm @enCiphered @RPH the vst3 and AU version of SpaceCraftFX can be loaded in the FX slot. However the vst2 version of SpaceCraftFX cannot. I will release a beta with the vst2 FX shortly. Sorry for the confusion.
Ok, I installed the VST3 version and now it is showing up as effect. Thanks a lot for your reply!

I have used SpaceCraft for a few weeks now and I really like it a lot. It is different from similar plugins and I don´t want to miss it anymore in my granular synth collection. Great job Mark :tu:

But as with every plugin with great potential, there are a few things that could be improved in next updates and which I really need in my workflow:

undo / redo button
I cannot count how many times I accindentally clicked on record instead of the audio input button, which of course deletes my recorded input every time.

- display the file name of the imported samples in both main performance windows
This is very important, I´m working with a ton of different samples and I have no idea which i have already used or not and which file is loaded in the slots

- audio quality
What bothers me most is the quality of the generated sound in the frequency areas where there is no sound at all in the sound source. I know this might sound strange and I can´t describe it better, but what I mean is, when you process a sample file that has only high frequencies and you press keys in the lower octave area, a very low-quality, distorted sound is being generated which is full of noise and artifacts and thus makes it unusable for further processing in the mix.
I have changed any possible settings with audio interpolation and cpu variations but nothing makes the sound better.

If all this could be improved in the future this will become my go-to grain plugin.

Thanks!

on sale now. didn't know of this one. looks great, i must dig deeper, but, i think the (amplitude) envelope for a grain can be set? (it is the basis of grains..), like in other granular synths..

i can't see any kind of setting for the shape of the amplitude envelope..

EDIT: RTFM, and yes, there it is... not shown in the introduction.. it would also be very strange...

great granular synth with MPE!

WasteLand wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:46 am on sale now. didn't know of this one. looks great, i must dig deeper, but, i think the (amplitude) envelope for a grain can be set? (it is the basis of grains..), like in other granular synths..

EDIT: RTFM, and yes, there it is... not shown in the introduction.. it would also be very strange...

Yes the grain envelope is under Grain Control, in the option window (the mechanic wheel left upper corner at the left of the 'Input' button). If your computer can afford it too, have fun with a high number of grains in the Global tab, 128 grains sound gorgeous :)

Incredible synth, very expressive and creative to use.

Neon Breath wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 3:40 pm
WasteLand wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:46 am on sale now. didn't know of this one. looks great, i must dig deeper, but, i think the (amplitude) envelope for a grain can be set? (it is the basis of grains..), like in other granular synths..

Yes the grain envelope is under Grain Control, in the option window (the mechanic wheel left upper corner at the left of the 'Input' button). If your computer can afford it too, have fun with a high number of grains in the Global tab, 128 grains sound gorgeous :)

thanks, this seems to be a nice alternative to crusher-x.... with granulator 2 (which i shall buy tomorrow, my timezone, there is something going on with timezones...)... and other granular synths/modules.

crusher-x seems great, but expensive. can i afford it yes, because if i look what i spend...
and such a specialized system, almost a composition tool, crusher-x.

granular i am not unknown to it, but i am reading now (may i say this, he announced it), a book on granular synthesis by rolf kasten.

spacecraft was unknown for me... strange, because i have biotek2... didn't look at all the stuff, that comes out, under the name tracktion. ánd they don't update the pages. in the manual indeed you see the grain envelope, not on the website (or i missed it...).

i have i7-6700K @4.4 (32gb, and a gtx 1060gb, for the graphics, important these days..), not an old processor, but since ZEN, and the race... it was at once an old cpu... still not a bad single core performance, and if i see how other people struggle with bigger setups...

o well...

thanks for your insight! really appreciate it! i will buy this one. and granulator 2, why not...

and perhaps one crusher-x, or not.. granular is a kind of synthesis, that makes you think differently about sound, and i kind micro-composition. microscopic-composition a better term. still thinking about it, what it really means (i am a writer, and i way i use words as grains... of course a lot of difference, but still, when i read the in depth exploration of grains i thought this is a process i recognize how i write, yes, i am published, an yes, i have a reputation of the strangest or the most difficult poet.. in my country... only among the poets...)

TL;DR again... perhaps this can tie the ropes (what i mean with this, i can feel, but not express yet, because if i can express it, the result is ready, the text written, the images moving, the music sounds...)

yes 128 grains, i hope the old 6700k can handle it (and i almost thought my system went to... self-built system, so easily fixed, but still... it was only the receiver of my wireless keyboard and mouse, putting it in another usb port and back again... it can happen those things... i checked things.. nothing wrong.. sometimes... again, this story does not belong to grains!! o, that i thought, o well, it is the drive, or motherboard, or GPU or memory... than i could buy...)

why not two posts, to give this great granular MPE synth more attention!

at 256 sample buffer size it will achieve 64 grains, when track is armed (reaper/cubase pro 11 (cubase can perform well, but not always, but performs on par with reaper with spacecraft) and playing MPE presets. first try, i use presets. next own presets...

will investigate if 512 sample buffer will help (strangely it does not always help), for 128 grains.

but with unarmed tracks, not played by midi, 128 grains is possible, at 256 sample buffer size.

i am always conservative, i want always play/mix/etc. with 256 sample buffer size. i think i am must be become progressive.. 512 sample buffer sizes, helps with granulator 2 for instance, still it can overload (maybe the drivers aren't that optimized anymore, a motu interface, but still..).

o well, played only 5 minutes with it (and again timezones, it is time for other things..).

i think i will buy this one. or i am almost sure.

thanks again!

bought it! yes incredible synth, and also granular synthesis is indeed more a kind of composition "tool", than other synthesis (but if you write papers on it, in the end the will all come back to?).
you notice this with this synth. perhaps composition is a archaic term for it.. o well..

EDIT: for those who are interested: it is on SALE!

https://www.tracktion.com/products/spacecraft

or via jrrshop, for instance

hi
aliasing plugin owner
:?

Unfortunately not Apple Silicon native yet

aMUSEd wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 8:36 pm Unfortunately not Apple Silicon native yet
I have a native build now that will be available soon, in beta.

deltavaudio wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 8:59 pm
aMUSEd wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 8:36 pm Unfortunately not Apple Silicon native yet
I have a native build now that will be available soon, in beta.
Sounds good!
Will the beta being available for owners of a license?

Is this out soon?

aMUSEd wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 8:12 pm Is this out soon?
I've handed v2 to Tracktion and waiting for them to put live as beta. Anybody with a license will be able to use the beta.

deltavaudio wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 8:14 pm
aMUSEd wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 8:12 pm Is this out soon?
I've handed v2 to Tracktion and waiting for them to put live as beta. Anybody with a license will be able to use the beta.
That is great news!
That said, I'm having a look frequently to see if the beta was uploaded and it's not yet.
Normal delay?

Return to “Instruments”