Wusik ZR Released - Full and Demo Versions

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I will rename things up to avoid confusion. ;-)

I'm going to make some important changes this week, as I'm testing things out. So previous presets will be left under.

Looks like it was missing a good filter, filter envelope, and some effects. ;-) No files yet, will take a couple of days to finish up the code...

Here are my first thoughts on it. I'm using BETA 06, so some of these might be fixed in the later versions.
Installer wouldn't work properly (all versions (32-bit, 64-bit, VSTi2, VSTi3) crashing while being scanned by Reaper host), I had to manually copy the files.
I hear a nasty pop when setting filter keytrack to 0, playing some notes, setting filter keytrack to max, then playing another note. Some smoothing could help.
A crash is triggered by something in the sequencer?
Unison sounds beautiful but seems to make the right channel louder for some reason.
Non-keytracked filter starts from 22kHz, I hope a regular LP that I can set to any frequency is coming in a later version. [you've added this since I've written these notes, thanks for reading my mind :clap:]
BTW, I learned that about the non-keytracked filter from the hovering tooltip, nice touch!
The About panel rocks!
It's not immediately obvious that the selection boxes are "click and drag", maybe change it to a dropdown like the wavebanks. Of course, it was clear after watching the video showcasing the synth.
Last edited by Archit3ch on Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thanks. I'm redoing the heck out of the code so expect new things later this weekend. :hyper: Added a proper filter, changed the anti-alias code to use less CPU, adding effects, pitch envelope (filter envelope too) - so in total we will have 3 envelopes. Also option to LOOP and envelope, like the Hornet/Wasp synth had (typo?). And also 4 ZONES, so each zone can be a layer on its own. :-o :party: And finally the hability to multiply one layer with another layer (not the zones, the static or sequenced layers) so that alone should give some interesting stuff. ;-) Just need to finish things up in the code side. The interface is done, will post a screenshot tomorrow.

Cheers, WilliamK

Almost done. :hyper: And this is running already. :cool:

New waveform selector. :cool: Will finish up some final things and will post the new beta later today or tomorrow.

The envelopes now have a LOOPED option where it will loop the attack and decay. :-o
Last edited by WilliamK on Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FINALLY! Beta 20 is there now (Windows only for now). The only thing missing is now the Effects section, that I will do ASAP. After that PRESETS and MANUAL. Sorry I took so long for this update, but as you can see, I changed a heck load of stuff. I wasn't happy with the product so I brainstormed a bit on what was missing, and the result is:

- Added Filter and Pitch Envelopes
- Looped mode for all envelopes. When in LOOPED mode the Attack and Decay will cycle, and the release is to set the release envelope while A&D still cycles.
- Added Filter with multiple modes.
- Added pitch envelope selector on layers.
- New Waveform selector. (click and release on waveforms without moving the mouse).
- Added 4 ZONES. Each ZONE is like its own thing with envelopes, filters, effects, master... no parameter is shared, so each ZONE has all parameters you see in screen, including waveform bank selection. So now you have a selection of 4 x 4 banks. Of course, using multiple zones will hit your CPU harder. ;-)

I also fixed the Sound-Card selection on the stand-alone version.

Hope you guys like the changes. Cheers!! :party: :hug:

Just uploaded BETA 22 (Windows). Added AVX+FMA3 support now. Click the W logo and open the About Box to check if it shows SSE2 or AVX+FMA(3). Also added the Sequences Filter Steps to the Filter, it wasn't working before. Still need to check in MONO mode some problems. :dog:

New BETA 24 Uploaded (Windows only)

- Added Master Limiter for each zone (the led next to volume, when lit the limiter is ON)
- Added the effects system which uses a plugin format, compatible with VST/VST3. By default it comes with the same selection of VST effects as my other products. The small button below the led is the wet/dry knob. You can click the Wusik logo and open the Plugin's Manager to add other plugins. Only Effects are compatible, not instruments. And there's no bridging, so if you are on 64 bits, it will scan and list 32 bits plugins, but you won't see those in the effects list.
- Added more Wavebanks.
- Fixed some skin stuff.

Cheers, WilliamK

Hi William,

great devellopment in short time :tu:

Like the new waveform selector, gives better visual feedback, and that you can add vst effects now inside. Any idea when there will be a version with some starting presets to give an idea of what you can do with all that stuff ?

Thanks! :hug: I will re-start creating presets soon. Still want to fix a few things before I start. So I know for sure that the preset system won't break again. ;-)

O.k., I am fine with that, does not make any sense if the preset-system not completely finished.

BETA 26 is there.

- Fixed a skin problem.
- Made the synth resizeable in the vertical line, where you add the layers and scroll it around.
- Added the option to move effects forward, backwards and also to the front of the list.

Still need to fix: Unison problems. Filter in Mono Mode. Add an audio boost option when multiplying layers, as the audio gets much lower...

Cheers, WilliamK

Return to “Instruments”