Vital: Coming out soon

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The guy who created the open source synth Helm, Matt Tytel, is coming out with a new wavetable synth called Vital:

https://twitter.com/matttytel/status/11 ... 02208?s=20

https://vital.audio/

Looks pretty interesting! I'm excited to try it out once it gets released.

Edit: Vital is scheduled to be released on November 24th 2020

Here's the thread created by the dev: viewtopic.php?t=555319
Last edited by mdstudio on Tue Nov 10, 2020 9:23 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Damn, I always forget about Helm, and it's such a great synth.....but this bad boy looks really interesting.
ABLETON LIVE 12 & PUSH2
Soundcloud: Nation of Korea vs Shitty Dog

Another wave table synth. But freeware this time.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

Who says it's going to be freeware/open source? Based on the quality and the design of the website, most likely not.

Edit: i think it's automatically assumed just because Helm was, but I find that hard to believe.
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

Hope it will be better than Helm. That one was terrible.
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

starflakeprj wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:03 am Who says it's going to be freeware/open source? Based on the quality and the design of the website, most likely not.

Edit: i think it's automatically assumed just because Helm was, but I find that hard to believe.
I'm sure I read on his Twitter feed that he's probably going with a freeware version and a more featured paid version, like Fathomsynth I guess.
ABLETON LIVE 12 & PUSH2

starflakeprj wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:03 am Who says it's going to be freeware/open source? Based on the quality and the design of the website, most likely not.

tytel on discord - 24/06/2019 wrote: (i don't think some people on here know it's going to be free when it comes out)

In that case, I fall short. Impressive I must say.
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

And for those wondering, this new synth will be open-source and pay-what-you-want like just like Helm.-Matt Tytel

from his blog https://tytel.org/blog/

ABLETON LIVE 12 & PUSH2

Good idea, liked the pay-what-you-want idea with Helm. I don't have a wavetable synth yet, perhaps this is it?!

Please not a gui like on Helm.
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Very interesting. I like Helm a lot and I find its GUI exceptionally clean and easy to use. Hopefully Vital will be similar. I can't wait to try it! :tu:
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

I'm intrigued.
My solo projects:
Hekkräiser (experimental) | MFG38 (electronic/soundtrack) | The Santtu Pesonen Project (metal/prog)

Like Helm this is being targeted more at indie game developers to give a low barrier to entry. Hence why it’s open source and donationware. Matt himself works in the games industry.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

Return to “Instruments”