One Synth Challenge #125: T-Force Alpha Plus 2 (exponent1 Wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Congratulations Exponent1 great track! And other winners, all skillful stuff. :clap:
] Peter:H [ wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:26 am Kraftraum not top 5!? Me puzzled...
Yes, me too. :ud:
I think in part it is just the very different ways people seem to vote - some voters seem to place greater weight on personal taste and enjoyment of the style, others seem to give more weight to the perceived 'production quality', still others seem to be seeking a balance between these factors, each in their own way.
Sometimes it can be a little shocking to see the different perceived value expressed in a number from 1-5 :o
I love it when people share thier voting criteria, I think that is of great value to those of us interested in such things ...but I totally understand why there is no requirement to do so and how this works well enough with people just doing what they see fit with no explanation required!

Congrats exponent1!! :clap:

I'm totally okay with having my track on Spotify as well :tu:

Looking back, I got lucky that the synth didn't cause serious issues (besides being resource-hungry) inside Podium when I made my track.
I just opened the project again because I wanted to export and share my patches too. Some synth instances didn't load properly and exploded .. they even took down other fx plugins I never had a problem with before. Luckily no actual crash and with some trial and error I was able to recover all of the patches, so they're now available on the product page as well :phew:

For the voting process, I wanted to avoid voting based on just taste/feeling/mood because that would be too easily influenced by the order in which I listen to the tracks. So to help myself a bit, I split everything up into 4 broad categories and gave them the same weight (sound design, composition, mix, and the "i wanna listen to this track/section again"-effect)
That made voting for me a bit easier, but I'm still curious how others approach it ..

First of all congrats to exponent1. So far you have great progress considering your short time experience with music.
zarf wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:50 pm I think in part it is just the very different ways people seem to vote - some voters seem to place greater weight on personal taste and enjoyment of the style, others seem to give more weight to the perceived 'production quality', still others seem to be seeking a balance between these factors, each in their own way.
Sometimes it can be a little shocking to see the different perceived value expressed in a number from 1-5 :o
I love it when people share their voting criteria, I think that is of great value to those of us interested in such things ...but I totally understand why there is no requirement to do so and how this works well enough with people just doing what they see fit with no explanation required!
We should not forget that this is One Synth Challenge and that we have to take into account all aspect of it: Sound design, composition and mix. Personal taste for certain style should be forgotten :P . We are not here to listen the tracks of our favorites music style but to hear what can people do with just one synth. But you can't force anyone to do this and actually I don't care how everyone vote. More important is to forgot about points and your placement. If anybody feel unlucky and miserable with his position I can switch placement with you.

We, all who decided to join have already received our biggest prize for this round. Something that nobody can't give you and something that no money can't buy. Experience and knowledge.

doctorbob wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:18 am Ok, before I choose a prize has anyone got their Sonimus plugins recently? I know there have been problems getting them.

Richard/Brian … do you know the score? Is it worth asking for one or not?

dB
There were issues earlier this year, but as far as I know they were all resolved. Should be ok now.

Thanks Richard, Can I please have the Sonimus "Satson Channel Strip". Thanks again for those who voted for my track.

And … Spotify is OK with me.

dB

Prize ... i'll pass it on

As prize, I'd love to get Dmitry Sches : Diversion

Thanks a lot for the support guys! :hug:

@tomx2188, you'll love Diversion.

Many, many congrats to exponent1, doctorbob and TrojakEW, great stuff you do :clap:

Also congratulations to you all for the great sounds and music you made (with, let's say, some beta synthesizer). :tu: And many thx to all for the great comments and your points for me :ud:
] Peter:H [ wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:26 am Kraftraum not top 5!? Me puzzled...
zarf wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:50 pm
Yes, me too. :ud:
This is not a problem for me: everyone has different criteria for which he decides in the evaluation ... it would also be sad if everything was the same :)

I think it's fantastic after the long absence in which I could make (almost) nothing musical to be in the top 10 :hyper: Besides, I was not really satisfied with the mastermix, too loud for me. I'm looking forward to the upcoming competitions again, but I'm going to suspend #126.

Have a great week and continue to do such great work
https://soundcloud.com/kraftraum
-8<-------------------
Take it or break it!

Congrats, everyone! Exponent1, you did it!
All Ted Mountainé's Songs on Spotify | Soundcloud | Twitter | His Latest Videos
The Byte Hop, the virtual home of Ted Mountainé – news as they might have happened.

Have to take my hats off for Exponent1's astounding progress in such a short period of time :clap:

Congrats also to all the participants for having able to make something out of this plugin which had mind of its own :tu:

Hi, I'm a little late :hihi:
Congratulations Exponent! :clap: nice to see you get better every round.
Also congratulations DoctorBob, Trojak & Tomx :clap: .

I will pick the soundgym subscription! thanks.

Return to “Instruments”