Guitar question - What guitar is this?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

please help me out.
What kind of guitar is this? From the beginning:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0YCe-p6iT0
Eat my shit.

Sounds like FM synthesis. A sort of nylon string/clean electric guitar styled patch blend.

really? Not just a REAL guitar? :) haha
Eat my shit.

I thought it was going to play stairway to heaven... If you steal something that prominent you should not replace the rest of the song with something 5 classes below...
Any guitarist would have put more life into it, no this is a synth, though FM could be an obvious choice, almost any synth could make a guitarish sound...

Uhm. Okay? So you guys say that this isn't a real guitar? That would be mind blowing.
Eat my shit.

Unlikely to be a real guitar from the sound of it

daan5678 wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:44 pm Uhm. Okay? So you guys say that this isn't a real guitar? That would be mind blowing.
Why would it be mind blowing? I am a guitarist and to me it does not even sound like a guitar. The sound reminds me more of a piano than a guitar. For example when chords are played they do not sound like they would on a guitar. Also the release on the individual notes is not realistic if you compare it to the chord progression being played on a real guitar. There are many notes than can ring out with a rather long release. Due to the limited number of strings this would not be possible on a real guitar. So if you wanted to play this with a more realistic sound you would have to check how it's played on a guitar and "kill off" the notes whenever a new note is played on the same string.

Last but not least, it sound much too quantized to be a real guitar played by a real player.
Passed 303 posts. Next stop: 808.

Not only is that not a real guitar, there is nothing guitar-like in it. It sounds like a DX7 tines-oriented patch; it's closer to glockenspiel than anything with strings. It's astonishing you think it's guitar-like at all.

Thank you guys! Really appreciate this substantive words. I'm gonna fiddle further in Logic.
Eat my shit.

jancivil wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:48 am Not only is that not a real guitar, there is nothing guitar-like in it. It sounds like a DX7 tines-oriented patch; it's closer to glockenspiel than anything with strings. It's astonishing you think it's guitar-like at all.
LOL, astonishing?!
You do hear the guitar-ish grunge to the sound right? Yes it could be a GTR - amp from Waves for instance. But thats why i thought it was a guitar. I'm so sorry i made this mistake.
Eat my shit.

daan5678 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:03 pm
jancivil wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:48 am Not only is that not a real guitar, there is nothing guitar-like in it. It sounds like a DX7 tines-oriented patch; it's closer to glockenspiel than anything with strings. It's astonishing you think it's guitar-like at all.
LOL, astonishing?!
You do hear the guitar-ish grunge to the sound right? Yes it could be a GTR - amp from Waves for instance. But thats why i thought it was a guitar. I'm so sorry i made this mistake.
It might have the sound you describe, but it really doesn't sound anything like a real guitar. Jan is a guitarist (as are others who have commented, including myself), and I think any guitarist would puzzle over how to make this sound with a guitar.

Forgotten wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:05 pm
daan5678 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:03 pm
LOL, astonishing?!
It might have the sound you describe, but it really doesn't sound anything like a real guitar. Jan is a guitarist (as are others who have commented, including myself), and I think any guitarist would puzzle over how to make this sound with a guitar.
Got it. Thanks! :)
Eat my shit.

I think its not even played at all, not even with a keyboard. Its way too straight and most likely constructed. The style later on is usually never really played, but made by someone who proudly considers himself a producer and most likely doesn’t even know what musicians usually do (playing an instrument like a guitar or a Seaboard...; - )
I might be completely wrong though...

Tj Shredder wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:18 pm I think its not even played at all, not even with a keyboard. Its way too straight and most likely constructed. The style later on is usually never really played, but made by someone who proudly considers himself a producer and most likely doesn’t even know what musicians usually do (playing an instrument like a guitar or a Seaboard...; - )
did you just disrespect the swedish house mafia?
you're gonna wake up with a horses head in bed with you :o

vurt wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:23 pm
Tj Shredder wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:18 pm I think its not even played at all, not even with a keyboard. Its way too straight and most likely constructed. The style later on is usually never really played, but made by someone who proudly considers himself a producer and most likely doesn’t even know what musicians usually do (playing an instrument like a guitar or a Seaboard...; - )
did you just disrespect the swedish house mafia?
you're gonna wake up with a horses head in bed with you :o
Probably one made from cheap wood that needs assembling but has really bad instructions...

Return to “Instruments”