Do Over - the Essentials

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Dirtgrain wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:26 pm It isn't meant to be that, according to Urs, IIRC.
wow. I guess I stand corrected. It seems strange to include minimoog oscs, filters, and envelopes and then not try to emulate a moog. My apologies for doubting you, Wagtunes.

Kontakt
Battery
Omnisphere
V Collection
Pigments
SubLab

jeffb01 wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:34 pm
Dirtgrain wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:26 pm It isn't meant to be that, according to Urs, IIRC.
wow. I guess I stand corrected. It seems strange to include minimoog oscs, filters, and envelopes and then not try to emulate a moog. My apologies for doubting you, Wagtunes.
I think the intent of Diva is to allow you to build your own synth from modules that include Moog emulations (among others), so you could in theory use all the Moog-based modules and you would have something like a Moog.

jeffb01 wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:18 pm Okay. Fair enough. But it is meant to be a moog mini (among other things). It just is. I recently picked up Diva (I have legend and monark), so what Osc/filters do you like most on diva? You don't care for Arturia's oberheim? Thank you for answering my question.
What I like about Diva is to mix and match things. So I get these hybrid sounds that you won't get out of a dedicated emulation.

As for Arturia, they have a few good emulations such as the Synclavier. But their Oberheims are not among them.

jeffb01 wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:42 pmYou are the third person in this thread to choose 5 or 6 synths and put Diva and Legend or Monark. I asked before but no one replied. Obviously you like Diva, but it must not meet all you moog needs. Is it not Moogy enough? Can you elaborate?
I'll ask you a question - why is that important? Actually, why is it a thing at all? It seems like such a limiting approach. I love the sound of my Analog Keys but I'm not looking for a softsynth that sounds exactly the same or that does exactly the same things. Something that kind of reminded me a bit of the AK's sound would definitely get my attention but if it was a slavish reproduction with all the same foibles and limitations, I wouldn't be interested at all. And that's a synth that's about 100 times more versatile than a Minimoog and sounds about 100 times better into the bargain.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:57 am Paper
Comb
Wax-Cylinder
Please never post the results.
Forgotten wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:21 pm Piano, acoustic guitar and concert flute.
Same for you - three of my least favourite instruments.
wagtunes wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:36 pmUltimately, it's nice to know that you can do just about any genre in existence. Once I get Warp IV, I'll even be able to do Big Band tracks.
Just because you can do something doesn't mean you should do it.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

BONES wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:24 pm
Forgotten wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:21 pm Piano, acoustic guitar and concert flute.
OK, I'll post something put together with mandolin, Appalachian dulcimer and banjo then.

BONES wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:24 pm
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:57 am Paper
Comb
Wax-Cylinder
Please never post the results.
wagtunes wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:36 pmUltimately, it's nice to know that you can do just about any genre in existence. Once I get Warp IV, I'll even be able to do Big Band tracks.
Just because you can do something doesn't mean you should do it.
Exactly......It's just excess. I guess I am fortunate that I can't afford a VST folder brimming with synths that I don't need or use. A lack of finances keeps me from buyer's regret. If you have that much disposable income maybe you need to donate to a charity...you could feed a hungry family with the funds that brought plugins that gather dust.

The thing is that these days you don't really need money with amazing sounding synths like TRK-01 Play (if you were quick enough) and Tyrell N6 available for free. 90% of the stuff I buy is on sale when I buy it, so I don't spend a lot of money, but I end up with a lot of synths - Vacuum Pro and Hybrid for $9 each, Sektor for $15, Iris 2 for $19 and even RePro when it was half-price. There's an incredibly powerful set-up for around $100 that you can put together over time. Add in Reaktor Player and Kontakt Player, each with a few free ensembles and cheap sound sets and it gets even better. Then there are all the CM freebies which will stock your plugins folder to overflowing with no effort at all.

BONES wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:24 pm Just because you can do something doesn't mean you should do it.
I'm not even sure what this means. Are there rules about what music you can and can't do? If so, I wasn't aware of them.

wagtunes wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 1:17 am
BONES wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:24 pm Just because you can do something doesn't mean you should do it.
I'm not even sure what this means. Are there rules about what music you can and can't do? If so, I wasn't aware of them.
Clueless :roll: Jack of all trades(genres) master of none.

wagtunes wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 1:17 am Are there rules about what music you can and can't do? If so, I wasn't aware of them.
"Have you ever noticed how anyone driving faster than you is a [jerk] and anyone driving slower than you is a moron?" - George Carlin
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

Dirtgrain wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 2:58 am
wagtunes wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 1:17 am Are there rules about what music you can and can't do? If so, I wasn't aware of them.
"Have you ever noticed how anyone driving faster than you is a [jerk] and anyone driving slower than you is a moron?" - George Carlin
What I have noticed is that there are some nasty people in this forum. My ignore list is growing daily.

bitwig 3 w internals (polygrid, poly, sampler), kontakt w my spitfire audio libraries, hive 2, and my seaboard.

i’m selling everything else! and that’s a LOT.

wagtunes wrote: What I have noticed is that there are some nasty people in this forum. My ignore list is growing daily.
i’m not sure what to say. Yes there are nasty people but you, sir, you are the most aggravating, narcissistic, challenging person on this forum. You are, as we say where I am from, a HOT MESS. Get help. No one is interested in your endless posts about how you are not buying this or that. Good god.

Return to “Instruments”