Pigment 1.2 released...

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Igro wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 4:15 am Btw, when I save presets via "export preset", then It doesn't save parameters. Could you confirm it? Where Pigments saves the presets by default?
Export Preset is to export already saved presets to a file, to be shared with other users (or sold, etc).

To save the preset, you have the "Save Preset", and the "Save Preset As" options.

The presets are saved, in Windows, in ProgramData\Arturia\Presets\Pigments\User
Fernando (FMR)

Thanks. I will try this.

I created some Pigments presets using mainly my own wavetables, that I'd like to share. If any of you like them enough to use in your own music, please drop me a line.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hxxte6paur90t ... R.zip?dl=0
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:16 am I created some Pigments presets using mainly my own wavetables, that I'd like to share. If any of you like them enough to use in your own music, please drop me a line.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hxxte6paur90t ... R.zip?dl=0
These are some nice presets - thanks. ;)
John Braner
http://johnbraner.bandcamp.com
http://www.soundclick.com/johnbraner
and all the major streaming/download sites.

Does anyone know, is it possible to route OCS1 to AMP1 and OSC2 AMP2. I'm doind my own snare kick and want process sine osc and noise osc with different AMP envelopes. If it cannot, then I'm just wasting time, I guess.

Igro wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:00 pm Does anyone know, is it possible to route OCS1 to AMP1 and OSC2 AMP2. I'm doind my own snare kick and want process sine osc and noise osc with different AMP envelopes. If it cannot, then I'm just wasting time, I guess.
I’m not at home to check, but don’t you just click on the env1 icon in the middle of the GUI where it shows mod destinations and remove it from osc2 or whatever, then assign another envelope?

Pigments has some really annoying oversights with regards to routing the oscillators and filters but I don’t think this is one of them. It’s just a matter of mod source -> mod dest. By default env1 is just already assigned

Hi Razza, I will check this. I thought Amp 1 env is hardwired and can't be unassigned.

Igro wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:12 am Hi Razza, I will check this. I thought Amp 1 env is hardwired and can't be unassigned.
Maybe you could describe exactly what you are trying to achieve. I still didn't understand what it is. :shrug:

Anyway, VCA Envelope is indeed hardwired, bit it accepts side-chain. You could try to use the other two envelopes to modulate the VCA envelope via side-chain.

Or create a "neutral" (organ like) VCA envelope, and modulate the volume of each oscillator with one of the other two.
Fernando (FMR)

I'm trying to feed the second oscillator to the Envolope 3 bypassing the VCO Amp envelope. So that the Env 3 would act as Amp envelope for the second oscillator. Just like you can do this, for instance, in Synhmaster One.

Each oscillator has it's own volume control, which you can route any modulator to. It's in the top right corner of that oscillator's window. No need to bypass anything.

Each oscillator is routed to the VCO Amp envelope (the first one). And you cannot prevent it. Do you understand what I mean? With this fixed setup, you cannot process the amp envelope independently for OSC1 and 2. They always go through the VCO envelope.

Igro wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:56 pm Each oscillator is routed to the VCO Amp envelope (the first one). And you cannot prevent it. Do you understand what I mean? With this fixed setup, you cannot process the amp envelope independently for OSC1 and 2. They always go through the VCO envelope.
Did you try the suggestions I gave you? :-?
Fernando (FMR)

That's not the same fmr.
I would like to achieve this:

OSC1 -----> VCO1
OSC2 -----> ENV2

...directly
So that you could control Oscillators volume envelopes independly.

Igro wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:27 pm That's not the same fmr.

OSC1 -----> VCO1
OSC2 -----> ENV2

...directly
You can achieve this:

OSC1 -----> ENV2
OSC2 -----> ENV3

by using the VCA envelope with neutral settings and assigning each envelope to the volume of each oscillator.
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:02 pm
Igro wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:27 pm That's not the same fmr.

OSC1 -----> VCO1
OSC2 -----> ENV2

...directly
You can achieve this:

OSC1 -----> ENV2
OSC2 -----> ENV3

by using the VCA envelope with neutral settings and assigning each envelope to the volume of each oscillator.
What are those neutral settings, fmr?
Have you actually tried it? I tried what you said. And VCO1 always affects the volume envelopes of both oscillators. There cannot be otherwise. It's how the synth is structured.

For instance, in Syntmaster One you have 'split' routing. Where the oscillators volumes is routed to separate volume envelopes.

Return to “Instruments”