Pigment 1.2 released...

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Razzia wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:52 am
Igro wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:11 pm Can't figure out, how to keytrack the LFO speed. Any suggestions? Thank you.
click the KBD box on the little bar of modulation sources and drag the outer circle around the rate knob of an LFO, same way you'd modulate anything else.
Thank you!

Does anyone know how to change a waveform phase? Is it always freerunning?

Igro wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:16 am Does anyone know how to change a waveform phase? Is it always freerunning?
No. It is always resetting. No options available (yet, dunno if they will add this)

I'm sure it freerunning in unison mode, otherwise it would sound strange.

Igro wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 1:15 pm I'm sure it freerunning in unison mode, otherwise it would sound strange.
It isn't. If you listen carefully, especially with low depth settings, it is restarting every time.
Also, if you would record (what i did btw) a very short sine at random trigger intervals, it always restarts at 0 and the sine goes +1, 0, -1, 0, etc.

The Unison was programmed very good btw. Because that restarting sound is only really mildly there. They done a good job on that one. But it is restarting

Correct, it restarts. But then, I guess, they managed to implement unison so, that the additional voices restart anyway, apart from the original waveform. Otherwise, unison would sound very ugly and static. It would be great if the implemented manual waveform phase adjustment. When two saw waves are 90 degree apart, it gives a very gentle sound. Which is very useful for smooth supersaw sounds.
Last edited by Igro on Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Igro wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:50 pm Correct, it restarts. But then, I guess, they managed to implement unison so, that the additional voices restart anyway, apart from the original waveform. Otherwise, unison would sound very ugly and static. Sure, the Pigment's unison stereo spread is not the widest I've ever heard. It would be great if the implemented manual waveform phase adjustment. When two saw waves are 90 degree apart, it gives a very gentle sound. Which is very useful for smooth supersaw sounds.
You could do this with wavetables VERY easily 8) :tu: Good luck

:) I will try tomorrow.

Igro wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:16 am Does anyone know how to change a waveform phase? Is it always freerunning?
I asked the Arturia support about that a while ago and here's what they said:

Analog Oscillator : Unless the Drift parameter is exactly at 0, then the oscillator will use a random phase at each note.

Wavetable oscillator: In the Phase mod section, the Sync/Retrig option lets you choose how the oscillator gets retriggered. Either on each key, when the Mod Osc is reset (Hard Sync), reset based on the Coarse + Fine parameters (thus ignoring FM and PMeffect) and randomly generated on each new voice.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Examigan wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:45 pm

Analog Oscillator : Unless the Drift parameter is exactly at 0, then the oscillator will use a random phase at each note.

Wavetable oscillator: In the Phase mod section, the Sync/Retrig option lets you choose how the oscillator gets retriggered. Either on each key, when the Mod Osc is reset (Hard Sync), reset based on the Coarse + Fine parameters (thus ignoring FM and PMeffect) and randomly generated on each new voice.
Ahh! Very nice to know! Thanks :tu:

:tu: hidden settings.

Examigan wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:45 pm

TBH, I don't get this correctly. If you change the phase mod amount, it changes the sound dramatically. How with those settings, offset the waveform phase to 90 degree, for instance? Switching to different retrigger options without touching the amount won't make any difference.

Starting with the Default preset, I used the "Basic Waveforms" wavetable for both engines and set each to the same waveform (using Position) and set the Phase Mod to Random on both. Then switch it back to "Key" (versus Random) and you'll hear a difference. I didn't adjust the amount knob for the modulation part of it and just left it at 0.

Thanks for the clarification Examigan.

Btw, when I save presets via "export preset", then It doesn't save parameters. Could you confirm it? Where Pigments saves the presets by default?

Return to “Instruments”