Pigment 1.2 released...

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

tasty tatsyn wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:08 pm Although the Banks didn't show at 1st attempts, i then realized the problem was that i just needed to press the "clear all" button in front of search box for the user banks to show up!!!!!!! FIXED!

all good now :D !!!!!!
Yeah, I forgot to mention the filtering options. Glad you managed to find them yourself :-)
Fernando (FMR)

SLiC wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:57 am I often run Pigments out through my electron analog heat (as an ITB fx using overbridge) - just subtle analog warmth (saturation) and a little analog filter. It makes a difference with all VSTs just adding some real analog drive/eq/filter at the output, but Pig ents seems to really come alive more than most (like many of the mentioned digital heart synths with an analog output section). Best of both worlds in my opinion.
Oh yeah, the Analog Heat is crucial. I kick myself for not buying one sooner. I wish they’d make one that added tube distortion as well.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Could you tell me please, how good Pigments to CPU?

zerocrossing wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:30 pm
SLiC wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:57 am I often run Pigments out through my electron analog heat (as an ITB fx using overbridge) - just subtle analog warmth (saturation) and a little analog filter. It makes a difference with all VSTs just adding some real analog drive/eq/filter at the output, but Pig ents seems to really come alive more than most (like many of the mentioned digital heart synths with an analog output section). Best of both worlds in my opinion.
Oh yeah, the Analog Heat is crucial. I kick myself for not buying one sooner. I wish they’d make one that added tube distortion as well.
Is there any plugin that comes close to this?

aMUSEd wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:18 pm
zerocrossing wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:30 pm
Is there any plugin that comes close to this?
I was using Soundtoys Decapitator a bit before I got the heat (so to speak) add a good analog filter emulation (Crytonics?) EQ, bit of LFO and envelopes and you will probably get close...but for a lot of CPU. I didn't particularly buy the Heat to warm up VSTs and use ITB (I was mainly using it with my Bass or guitar or Modular directly then recording the output) but since Overbridge 2 and the nice 'VST' like front end I have been experimenting a lot more with it on just about anything in my DAW including the master.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

I use to be able to know how to do this but I have completely forgotten.
I have Pigment on Mac and PC,
once I favourite some patches on one, I would like to copy the favourite information to the other.
I forgot how to do it.
I tried the db.db3 file in Arturia Presets and it definitely is not that file as far as I can see.
My memory was that it was more than one file, I swore I wrote the instructions somewhere here on kvr to help others in the future, but can't seem to find it.
Help please.
rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:13 pm I use to be able to know how to do this but I have completely forgotten.
I have Pigment on Mac and PC,
once I favourite some patches on one, I would like to copy the favourite information to the other.
I forgot how to do it.
I tried the db.db3 file in Arturia Presets and it definitely is not that file as far as I can see.
My memory was that it was more than one file, I swore I wrote the instructions somewhere here on kvr to help others in the future, but can't seem to find it.
Help please.
rsp
I *think* I have found it.

It is two sets of stuff to copy.

1. The Database file db.db3
2. The Factory Edit Folder (Simplest way I found was to overwrite the older with the newer FactoryEdit folder)

On Mac it is Library/Arturia/Presets
and on PC
ProgramData/Arturia/Presets

rsp

rsp
Last edited by zvenx on Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sound sculptist

I'm wondering that if I'm switching to Martix 12 Filter, the plucky presets start having a clicky attack until I set the AMP attack to 2.1ms. (2.1 ms, yeah) This is not the case with other filters - they remove the click already at 0.2 ms (AMP env). Is this normal?

Igro wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:22 am I'm wondering that if I'm switching to Martix 12 Filter, the plucky presets start having a clicky attack until I set the AMP attack to 2.1ms. (2.1 ms, yeah) This is not the case with other filters - they remove the click already at 0.2 ms (AMP env). Is this normal?
same behavior over here. maybe the matrix12 filter has a bad dc offset?
clicks.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I have already reported to Arturia. Lets see what they are thinking about it. This is probably my favourite filter out there, but those clicks make the filter unusable. If I raise the amp envelope until the clicks disappeared, then the attack becomes slow for my needs (the pluck sounds won't sound that plucky anymore).

Can't figure out, how to keytrack the LFO speed. Any suggestions? Thank you.

Igro wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:11 pm Can't figure out, how to keytrack the LFO speed. Any suggestions? Thank you.
click the KBD box on the little bar of modulation sources and drag the outer circle around the rate knob of an LFO, same way you'd modulate anything else.

Igro wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:27 am Could you tell me please, how good Pigments to CPU?
which cpu? :wink:

I already purchased it. So i can see this already. It's not light nor heavy on my CPU.

Igro wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:04 am I already purchased it. So i can see this already. It's not light nor heavy on my CPU.
Same here. :tu:

Return to “Instruments”