Rob Papen B.I.T Synth

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

looks like a hater .... sounds like a hater ... haters gonna hate.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

B.I.T. is a very nice 80 sounding like synth. It is very easy to get analog like sounds. Very low on CPU and it has a drift option so I don't must do this per LFO patching. Also it has these advantage OSC Parameters which are a very nice shortcut to modulate a square waves pulsewidth with on click. All in all nothing special but the combination make this synth very handy for me.

For me it is one of the best synths in the last year I think.

I wonder if it can do anything that Predator can't. To me, it sounds very similar to Predator. It's being described as an analog modelling synth but I really don't hear it sound more "analog" than Predator 2.

Just demo'd it a bit (no pun intended) more, and, still sounds alright to me. :) Once again, i prefer outboard fx to the ones in the synth though. NI Choral > built-in chorus, and NI Replika XT > built in delay. But, that's the case in literally any synth i try, so, non-issue.

I think BIT sounds quite warm, and works well with chorus'd supersaw pads, or plucks. Filters are nice, envelopes are nice, there's not a lot of "holes" in the sweet spot, seems to work for a variety of sounds. What i also like is that, like on some other synths, it has the most important modulators already in the respective sections, like, LFO amount in filter section, and the amp section. I like the layout as well, seems well thought out. Really, not much bad i can say about this synth. The distortion sounds pretty digital. But, if you crank it up, it gives a good TB-303 style distortion. Not so good for warm saturation though.But then, it's a distortion. :) Not sure if like the categories of modulation sources in the mod matrix either, it makes choosing a bit non straight forward, which seems quite contrary to the intention of making it easier.

Anyway, all in all, i'm pretty positive about it. And, i quite like the base sound. Which proves to me once again that it's more about character, than to have fancy super anti-aliased oscillators, and closely analog modelled ZDF filters. BIT works well without those (even though i don't know whether or not the filters are ZDF, of course. My guess is that they aren't).

That's a good point most common modulation are already there. You don't have do go every time to the modulation matrix.

I think it sounds wonderful! Good job, Rob!!!

Is it worth $79 though? I just can't imagine it is.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

BONES wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:24 am Is it worth $79 though? I just can't imagine it is.
Your imagination is pretty limited than. To me its worth 79 usd!

Well, when he sells what seems to me to be a much better synth, or at the very least a more interesting one, Go2, for $30 less it kind of restricts my imagination more than somewhat. Note also that you posted directly after me, there was no point at all in quoting my post.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

4damind wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:41 pm Some strange behavior for the demo version: If a song has a autosave feature, it could trigger a reset. Rob knows about this and hopefully Jon will fix this.
Rob told me that this cannot be fixed. The only solution is to temporary disable the automatic backup feature of the host.
Just in case someone is wondering why changes in the demo version will be reset to the default values after some time...

This literally looks like a dumbed down version of Albino 3, It sounds very good though

I think the built in chorus is the very best I heard for decades! :party:
Most chorus fx tend to sound washy and mushy.
Not this one. And I like the reverb also a lot. :tu:
It´s a metallic one - I like it too - much more than U-he or Synapse or Parawave or or or.
Solid fx.
Delay is so so - Phaser nice and gritty.
Presets are interesting - I´m a default guy hating to waste time by skipping around presets.
The average bored guy

I really like it. The Unison mode with chord tunings is cool...Spire also has that feature. Can also do FM, PD and Ring mod. Very easy to use and the modulation options attached to the oscillator are brilliant. Less need to have to use the mod matrix. The effects also sound great and love the arp/sequencer. Well done!

Explorer 5 users, how did you install B.I.T - did you just install the separate B.I.T or update the whole bundle? I have Exploer 5, just wondering what's best. It's not 100% clear from the blurb on the site (to me, anyway).

With the RP synths you can just download the individual products/updates and install them with the Explorer key.

There have been some other updates since April, so it might make sense to download the full installer but it depends on how much bandwidth you have vs how many installers you want to run.

Return to “Instruments”