Rob Papen B.I.T Synth

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Does anyone know if the filters in BIT are the same in Go2? They have the same names

I reckon most filters & fx are shared among the RP synths.

Stefken wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:39 pm I reckon most filters & fx are shared among the RP synths.
BIT is just like a boosted Go2. It's got an extra OSC, filter and LFOs. Everything else is just the same (not that it's a bad thing, but I now realise I can reach for the same quality of BIT in a simpler and cheaper package!)

And I think it's no coincidence both releases were done just 1 year apart each other.

Actually I see go2 as a Predator 2 light version.

BIT is specifically tailored to an analog sound.

You had analog sounds in predator and subboombass but BIT is really all about analog. Go2 sounds pretty digital to me.

Stefken wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:59 am Actually I see go2 as a Predator 2 light version.

BIT is specifically tailored to an analog sound.

You had analog sounds in predator and subboombass but BIT is really all about analog. Go2 sounds pretty digital to me.
I don't know.. after comparing both Go2 and BIT, I feel the only difference is in the oscillators. Everything else has basically the same character, imho (except presets, they were indeed taylored towards each synth's genre).
I think it was Bones who said he didn't need BIT, as he already got Go2, now I tend to agree with him.

From the Go2 Features....

Oscillator Section:
The heart of Go2 is the morph oscillator, this oscillator allows you to morph (using Go2's various morph modes) between two different waveforms.

First and Seconds Waveforms (Wave-A and Wave-B)
Oscillator Morph Mode.The Morph Mode menu determines how the oscillator combines the two waves First Wave and Second Wave. The modes are: Mix, Morph, Ring, FM, Inter and Range.
Oct setting
Spread (creates a stacked 2 oscillator sound)
Sub. The sub-oscillator knob lets you select two different waveforms being sinus or square..
Sym (Sym controls the symmetry of the oscillator waveform)
SMOD (Symmetry Modulation) Amount
Symmetry modulation controls how much the symmetry position changes over time.
SMOD (Symmetry Modulation) SpeedSmod Speed sets the frequency of the LFO that changes the symmetry position.

Go2 and B.I.T. are different instruments but share the signature Jon Ayres sound.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

You get a slightly expanded range of filters with BIT compared to Go2, but the difference is in the oscillators. There are some pre-wired modulation and pre-wired LFO and envelope modulation options in BIT you don't get in Go2 but which you can (mostly) replicate in Predator2 with the mod-matrix. I've not found a way to get the feedback working the same as it does in Predator2 using the mod-matrix.

With BIT, it's much easier to get close to sounds like the steel pans in Karn Evil 9, 2nd Impression.

Gamma-UT wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:26 pm You get a slightly expanded range of filters with BIT compared to Go2, but the difference is in the oscillators. There are some pre-wired modulation and pre-wired LFO and envelope modulation options in BIT you don't get in Go2 but which you can (mostly) replicate in Predator2 with the mod-matrix. I've not found a way to get the feedback working the same as it does in Predator2 using the mod-matrix.

With BIT, it's much easier to get close to sounds like the steel pans in Karn Evil 9, 2nd Impression.
That sounds about right.

[Edit]

[Ribbit]
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

[Getit]

[Ae]

Explorer 6 has been announced with 2 initial new products. The first will be Punch 2.

Quote:
"If you purchase or upgrade to eXplorer-5 in September 2019, you will receive the upgrade to eXplorer-6 for FREE upon release!

If you already purchased or upgraded to eXplorer-5 between July 2019 and August of 2019 don’t worry you will also be upgraded to eXplorer-6 for FREE!

If you have already joined the Rent2Buy scheme for eXplorer-5 the upgrade to eXplorer-6 will also be FREE! "

Thank you Rob Papen for always taking care of your customers!

yes. lick, lick. you're so great rob. we love you.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Rob vs dirk!

Who wins?
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Return to “Instruments”