One Synth Challenge #124: MSoundFactory by MeldaProduction (Schiing Wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The Angst Update - Who. Is. Constructing. Your. Angst.
https://soundcloud.com/p-e-t-e-r-h/the- ... your-angst

--
Certified Quality: Contains Fish and Wavetables - 100% free of further smells.
--
Actually the WT of "Fear" and "Angst" are only 2 slots....and lot's of preparation before and stuff around. Hopefully the *technical* skills to squeeze them into the 2 slots is equally respected than composition skills...in the end it's the One * Synth* Challenge. Synth in terms of piece of technology.

] Peter:H [

@dirtgrain try an EQ (MSF's built in one) on white noise.
Record yourself and try to match the frequency spectrum. Variations on this sort of technique is how I got my "woo!" last month. vocal formants are a cool thing to play with and recreate (in my opinion).
mostly here for the One Synth Challenge
you can hear some of my newest music at: https://wrenharmonic.bandcamp.com/ or https://www.youtube.com/@wrenharmonic

Am I missing something? I can't find aftertouch/pressure as modulator...

On a side note, playing at the same time with the Grid makes MSF look pretty lame in terms of user interface. Inspiration versus technocracy... Bitwig wins hands down by magnitudes, would be worth to switch DAWs just for the Grid... I patch now in the Grid to get inspired and then rebuild it in MSF...; - )

TheNeverScene wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:51 am Here's my submission. It's not finished, but the movers come Thursday and I've been sidetracked with that and other things. Still wanted to submit what I've got. MSoundFactory grew on me...I think it really is capable of anything.

https://soundcloud.com/the-never-scene/ ... ne-osc-124

20 Instances of MSF. All sounds from scratch, no wavetables or anything fishy.
Reaper
Leveling Tool, ReaEQ, Dragonfly Reverb, GClip, Ferric TDS, Unlimited
What a banger dude! Very modern Symphony-X kinda vibe. Thanks for the music!

Leonard Bowman wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:58 am @dirtgrain try an EQ (MSF's built in one) on white noise.
Record yourself and try to match the frequency spectrum. Variations on this sort of technique is how I got my "woo!" last month. vocal formants are a cool thing to play with and recreate (in my opinion).
Many thanks. I will take a shot at reverse engineering it.
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

Tj Shredder wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:36 pm
On a side note, playing at the same time with the Grid makes MSF look pretty lame in terms of user interface. Inspiration versus technocracy... Bitwig wins hands down by magnitudes, would be worth to switch DAWs just for the Grid... I patch now in the Grid to get inspired and then rebuild it in MSF...; - )
All of that is very subjective, I have inspiration with MSF as many others, and love soundesign on it almost more than my other favorites synth, I don't know if you're one of those bitwig promoters (as some of those that loves to talk negatively about other products and loves to say how better is bitwig and how bad are the other daws/synths/products).

So you need to know 3 things that maybe you already know:

● MSoundFactory is in beta and will have unlimited updates, new modules, more optimization and versatility.

● MSoundFactory Will receive lifetime free updates and will not ask you $170 per year for a needed update as bitwig (you said even that is worth to switch Daw for bitwig, I never in my life will or need to pay that for updates having other tools quite capable already and without "upgrades plans", with all respect to you and all bitwig users.

● MSoundFactory contains almost all Melda effects, including the most advanced and deep and many if not all the future Melda's plug-ins will be added to MSF as modules, and all of that for €99 ($116) intro price. For probably one of the most deep modular synth workstation just comparable in deepness with some of the all around modular/workstation synths ever created.

I said I'm out but since what you're saying is so wrong and subjective, I had to. For respect to you I wouldn't say MSF is better than the grid even when it can do way more stuffs and has more possibilities, so be happy with the grid.

I totally agree its very subjective, and MSF is powerful and I much appreciate the support for MPE. There are some more days to get more attached...; - )

Guys ,the string module, is it sample based ? Are we allowed to use that one?

simanus wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:41 am Guys ,the string module, is it sample based ? Are we allowed to use that one?
You can use it, it's physically modelled. A bit like putting a burst of noise into the resonator. But you get more control by using the resonator and putting different sounds into it. Check the Chandler Guitar videos on Physical Modelling in MSF for more info!

Ranoka wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 4:37 pm
simanus wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:41 am Guys ,the string module, is it sample based ? Are we allowed to use that one?
You can use it, it's physically modelled.

Ah thx bro .I just wanted to be sure .Time to start producing only 9 days left.

Drumsynthesizer4NN has templates where I used a kick setting and a hi-hat setting. It has an editor for pitch and noise and shape/length. Is it using samples? I don't see any indication if it is or isn't. Is it okay for the contest?

@PeterH LOL You are one of a kind! :D I love seafood, especially clams!

@Hanz Meyzer and @NewDelhiTommy....thanks guys, wish I could have finished it... Sooooo many holes :(.
Just a touch of EQ and a tickle of compression

@dirtgrain I think drumSynthesizerNN is fair game because it's a synthesizer rather than a sampler, but you may want to check out the individual components inside the module and make sure you know what's going on.
If you want to be extra cautious (and maybe learn something in the process) you could always try to remake the sound out of the "standard" modules.
mostly here for the One Synth Challenge
you can hear some of my newest music at: https://wrenharmonic.bandcamp.com/ or https://www.youtube.com/@wrenharmonic

Ah, I did a search (so many of the effects have been around before MSoundFactory was released--I keep overlooking that). It is a synth with oscillators and noise generators.

- Wide House Steampunk Dance -

Percussions patches from scratch in "OSC style" from standard oscillators, no samples or wavetables used.
Other instruments from factory patches, tweaked.

- 11x MBeast in Live 9 DAW
- Delays, Reverb, Compressor, EQs of Ableton
- Beat Skillz Max-1 limiter on master output.

https://soundcloud.com/liqih/wide-house-steampunk-dance

Return to “Instruments”