One Synth Challenge #124: MSoundFactory by MeldaProduction (Schiing Wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

@liqih - send a PM to Richard Semper and he will give you the code to extend the date!

dB

Thanks dB

] Peter:H [ wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:03 am Don't get me wrong, but WT ain't no fish nor do they smell like that ;-)
Oh, I know. Just being lighthearted. They always seem to be the topic of debate so I just avoid using them, that's all. :D
Just a touch of EQ and a tickle of compression

TheNeverScene wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:32 pm
] Peter:H [ wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:03 am Don't get me wrong, but WT ain't no fish nor do they smell like that ;-)
Oh, I know. Just being lighthearted. They always seem to be the topic of debate so I just avoid using them, that's all. :D
Of course you're being tongue-in-cheek - but I get where you're coming from! There's a particular joy in creating a slam-dunk kick, funk bass or a muted trumpet from a couple of oscillators. And, in my vanity, I don't want people to think I'm using wt when I don't - because sometimes it takes freaking hours to create a stable, punchy kick that would be instantly available with wt.

But wavetables are only ever "fishy" within the confines of my own self-inflicted and OSC-specific limitations - I certainly don't judge anyone else negatively for using them.

Oh, and re: templates. I have SO many templates - I think it must surely qualify as a hobby of its own.

But apart from some highly efficient fx chains, it never fails: After all those hours of careful consideration with colors, groups, sections and tags - I never touch my templates again! I think I can name one or two finished songs (out of several hundreds) that started out as a template. So for my own part, I always work far better from scratch, building a song and its surroundings from what I discover within the synth (or, in a non-OSC context, within the lyrics or the broader instrumentation).

Probably won't stop me from building a million templates in the future, though. :ud: :wheee:
All Ted Mountainé's Songs on Spotify | Soundcloud | Twitter | His Latest Videos
The Byte Hop, the virtual home of Ted Mountainé – news as they might have happened.

schiing wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:11 pm
TheNeverScene wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:32 pm
Of course you're being tongue-in-cheek - but I get where you're coming from! There's a particular joy in creating a slam-dunk kick, funk bass or a muted trumpet from a couple of oscillators. And, in my vanity, I don't want people to think I'm using wt when I don't - because sometimes it takes freaking hours to create a stable, punchy kick that would be instantly available with wt.

But wavetables are only ever "fishy" within the confines of my own self-inflicted and OSC-specific limitations - I certainly don't judge anyone else negatively for using them.

Oh, and re: templates. I have SO many templates - I think it must surely qualify as a hobby of its own.

But apart from some highly efficient fx chains, it never fails: After all those hours of careful consideration with colors, groups, sections and tags - I never touch my templates again! I think I can name one or two finished songs (out of several hundreds) that started out as a template. So for my own part, I always work far better from scratch, building a song and its surroundings from what I discover within the synth (or, in a non-OSC context, within the lyrics or the broader instrumentation).

Probably won't stop me from building a million templates in the future, though. :ud: :wheee:
Yes, I think this is the right attitude, I make everything from scratch and Im not one for a lot of automation, maybe volume fades etc, its more fun with.midi :)
Plus I dont understand WT, its a bit too expert for me.
As.for a good track in a short amount of time, I'm hell for leather but I haven't quite round to the making of a good track yet :D
Man is least himself when he talks in the first person. Give him a mask, and he'll show you his true face

Yup, templates are a good way to go. Also, it's worth stashing away useful MIDI clips which can be re-used/re-purposed in new songs/tracks. I generally try not to re-use stuff, but now and then, the track just screams out for this riff or that riff! And then … who am I to argue (with myself!)??

dB

TheNeverScene wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:51 am Here's my submission. It's not finished, but the movers come Thursday and I've been sidetracked with that and other things. Still wanted to submit what I've got. MSoundFactory grew on me...I think it really is capable of anything.

https://soundcloud.com/the-never-scene/ ... ne-osc-124

20 Instances of MSF. All sounds from scratch, no wavetables or anything fishy.
Reaper
Leveling Tool, ReaEQ, Dragonfly Reverb, GClip, Ferric TDS, Unlimited
Very nice sound design :lol:

liqih wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:53 pm Hi, sorry if this has already been answered: despite thinking to avoid to use the MBeast I downloaded it because I had an idea for a track that I wanted to share, but 15 days trial has elapsed now and my project doesn't play anymore. Do we have the promised 1 month extension?
Yes, pm to RichardSemper...

Not sure if I can ask for tips, this being a contest and all, but I'm trying to create and extended "Sh" sound that fades. I tried white noise generator, applying various effects, but I'm not really getting the initial "Sh" sound for it to work. Any ideas (if allowed)?
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

Stupid question - is using MDrummer packs - https://www.meldaproduction.com/download/mdrummer-packs (of course used inside MSF) allowed?

I believe I saw earlier in the thread that it is allowed--the ones that come with MSoundFactory. But I don't think you can do anything with them outside of MSoundFactory (like some sort of sampler or whatever).

Never mind, I didn't see it with a search from "Drum" in this thread. Not sure.

Deleted duplicate
Last edited by Dirtgrain on Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Crap, got sssss sound with white noise and vocoder. Closer to shhhhh.

Inversion Of Control wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:29 pm Stupid question - is using MDrummer packs - https://www.meldaproduction.com/download/mdrummer-packs (of course used inside MSF) allowed?
Use of samples for playback or for making wavetables with more than 2 single cycles is strictly not allowed irrespective of whether those come with the synth or not.

Return to “Instruments”