NI Summer of sound has begun

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Kalamata Kid wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:59 pm With Absynth being abandoned this is my final Komplete update.
how did you find out its abandoned.
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

I just noticed that there isn’t a discounted upgrade path to K12 Ultimate if you just bought the K12 update. It would be nice if you only paid the difference in price.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

v1o wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:03 am I just noticed that there isn’t a discounted upgrade path to K12 Ultimate if you just bought the K12 update. It would be nice if you only paid the difference in price.
You can contact order support if you purchased through NI shop. Perhaps you could return K12 Update and get K12U that way. Worth trying. :)

But I am not able to understand the case you have mentioned. :?

telecode wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:48 am
Kalamata Kid wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:59 pm With Absynth being abandoned this is my final Komplete update.
Absynth 5 was released in 2009.
That is why I believe that Absynth is
absolutely abolished, absent and abandoned. :(

Can somebody remind me if NI also do 50% off Komplete upgrades on Black Friday?
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Mushy Mushy wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:54 pm Can somebody remind me if NI also do 50% off Komplete upgrades on Black Friday?
Yes, they did in 2017 as Thanksgiving XXL. If it is not XXL, it is only 50% of individual products and not Komplete bundles or updates/upgrades.

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:07 pm
Mushy Mushy wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:54 pm Can somebody remind me if NI also do 50% off Komplete upgrades on Black Friday?
Yes, they did in 2017 as Thanksgiving XXL. If it is not XXL, it is only 50% of individual products and not Komplete bundles or updates/upgrades.
Hmmmm, thanks. So it’s not guaranteed then. Looks like I need to find the money now then.

Mushy Mushy wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:13 pm
Hmmmm, thanks. So it’s not guaranteed then. Looks like I need to find the money now then.
Welcome! Yes, it is kind of a risk. Buying now would be the safest bet.

Yep, will do :tu:

Kalamata Kid wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:48 pm
telecode wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:48 am
Absynth 5 was released in 2009.
That is why I believe that Absynth is
absolutely abolished, absent and abandoned. :(
Its fully compatible with all current OS. What features is it missing?
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

braincandy wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:44 am My upgrade offer to Komplete 12 is $99.50 However, when I go to order it, it shows up as $199.50. What the hell?
I was wrong. The $99 is for an update. It's $199 for the upgrade as I don't already have a version of Komplete. NI support was very helpful in chat. Pulled the trigger and bought it via the upgrade path.

Mushy Mushy wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:13 pm
i am pretty sure they will have it. it seems all these companies have 50% off sales every few months. i am sure there will be a back to school sale. and a black friday. and a thanks giving. and a christmas.

it all kind of comes down it do you think you want or need a bunch of stuff in the Komplete bundle. FWIW. i got it and probably use only 25% of it. there is just so much stuff and a lot is not really for the music i make. buts it cheaper getting bundle than buying 3 or 4 items at 50% off.
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

my poor wallet!

For those looking to buy Kontakt 6 by itself it can be had for £104.50/$124.50 without having to have owned any NI products before.
First you get the free version of Arcane and register it to your account:
https://www.embertone.com/instruments/arcane.php
Then you can purchase the Crossgrade for the price above.

Once you have done that you are eligible for the cheap upgrade to Komplete 12.
So £159.50 for the upgrade plus the £104.50 for Kontakt = £264 for K12 or £503.50 for K12 Ultimate.
Not half price but a decent saving and for those that got lucky yesterday and bought the Upgrade on eBay with the 10% code on top of a Best Offer then even cheaper. I could have got K12 Ultimate for £445 in total yesterday using these methods.

I wasn’t even thinking about this until I saw that Massive X is part of the deal. I was thinking I need a new interface anyway, and I can get Komplete Audio 6 MK2 with Komplete upgrade for right under $500. That’s pretty good on the surface of things. I was really holding out for a more expensive interface, with more inputs, like an Apollo. Anyone own the MK2? I’m sure it’s pretty good, but I was aiming for an Apogee, or UA, or RME.

Return to “Instruments”