NI Summer of sound has begun

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

telecode wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:56 am I paid customs duty on my item. It is that it is. Death and taxes are a sure thing in life.
That's sad. My heart was throbbing when the status was "your item is with customs" and also when I went to collect it at the post office today, but I just got lucky.

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:19 am
telecode wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:56 am I paid customs duty on my item. It is that it is. Death and taxes are a sure thing in life.
That's sad. My heart was throbbing when the status was "your item is with customs" and also when I went to collect it at the post office today, but I just got lucky.
You guys don't pay duty where you are? I had mine shipped via FedEx. FexEd don't deliver to your door until you call them with your CC and pay the duty .
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

telecode wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:53 pm
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:19 am
You guys don't pay duty where you are? I had mine shipped via FedEx. FexEd don't deliver to your door until you call them with your CC and pay the duty .
We do pay, but no one got back to me even after I myself called 1000 times. In fact, I was not able to talk to any concerned person. Tracking itself was a little confusing. Anyway, customs duty also depends on value and type of the item and perhaps they deemed it not so high value or any doubtful case and just let it go. That's why I said, I got lucky. Last time I had got something I had to pay a significant duty.

I got it shipped via Royal Mail, which was cheap like anything. So overall, I would have never imagined of any better deal. Glad I got the boxed version.

Installing some large-sized libraries through HDD now.

Are there any U.S. sellers that give a better-than-standard price on NI?

Ok I'm confused. I own Komplete 8. Can I purchase this and it will work? https://www.guitarcenter.com/Native-Ins ... lete-12.gc

They say "from komplete 12" but I dont see any other options to upgrade to ultimate non-collectors.

Is this the best deal or are there better options? Thanks!

eBay UK has a 10% off code site wide that ends in ~80 minutes (midnight).
Seems the cheapest way to get a boxed version as eBay prices are the same as direct from major sellers.
The code is PRICEWIN

Any speculations on how much K12U CE will be to maintain with updates over the long term?

The K12U update price is $200. Maybe CE will end up being $300? Or maybe NI will lower the price of the other two and make $200 the price for CE?

parapentep70 wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:31 am Yesterday I received my K12U-CE upgrade from Andertons. I was aware of this store thanks to this forum. Price in Euro was very competitive after paying delivery out of the UK. HDD (1TB) included. I think they are very honest about real stock and realistic (in my case they ended up being very conservative) in their estimations for new stock when they don't have.

One question, could I realistically use my NI 25€ voucher for something worth it?
Did you get the voucher in the box?

Fleer wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:46 pm
parapentep70 wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:31 am Yesterday I received my K12U-CE upgrade from Andertons. I was aware of this store thanks to this forum. Price in Euro was very competitive after paying delivery out of the UK. HDD (1TB) included. I think they are very honest about real stock and realistic (in my case they ended up being very conservative) in their estimations for new stock when they don't have.

One question, could I realistically use my NI 25€ voucher for something worth it?
E-voucher never comes in the box. It comes via email once you register and activate (install) the product via Native Access. Many, including me, did not get until reaching NI support to ask for it.

IMO, NI e-voucher could be best used for Super 8 ($69 -> $44) or Modular Icons ($49 -> $24) as of now.

I haven't got a voucher a week or so after registering the boxed upgrade, but I don't think I'll bother asking for one. Super 8 will be quite nice one day, but given the 8,000 great analogue synth options I already have I resent paying one cent for it. If I really couldn't wait as long as the next Komplete half price upgrade, it will be 50% off at the end of the year, which is cheaper than the voucher now.

Come to think of it, I don't think I've never used an NI voucher, its always cheaper to buy some other way.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

Fleer wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:46 pm Did you get the voucher in the box?
No. I had to put a post on their forum, five days after registering my upgrade, which support saw and sorted for me in about 10 minutes.

Which is great for me, not so great for the people complaining they have had support tickets open for 10+ days.

Fleer wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:46 pm

No, I registered the product and I received an e-mail with the voucher code. However it does not appear in my Native account. Apparently if (when) I buy something I will have the option to enter the code I received and get the 25€ discuont if the product is alloed to use it.

The box contains just the drive, the license number and some commercial advice for other products (like sounds.com and Maschine)

Thanks guys :tu:
My K12CE drive contains 630 GB of NI content.
It’s a 1TB drive but I only see that 630 GB partition. I’ll be using it as a backup.
Do you think we can safely add third party libraries to that drive or will we have to repartition and lose the NI content?
I’m on a Mac (Sierra).

Fleer wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:11 pm Thanks guys :tu:
My K12CE drive contains 630 GB of NI content.
It’s a 1TB drive but I only see that 630 GB partition. I’ll be using it as a backup.
Do you think we can safely add third party libraries to that drive or will we have to repartition and lose the NI content?
I’m on a Mac (Sierra).
As long as you just add folders to it (with your third-party libs) and don't repartition it, everything should be fine.

InsertNameHere wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:48 am Ok I'm confused. I own Komplete 8. Can I purchase this and it will work? https://www.guitarcenter.com/Native-Ins ... lete-12.gc

They say "from komplete 12" but I dont see any other options to upgrade to ultimate non-collectors.

Is this the best deal or are there better options? Thanks!
No that’s an upgrade from the type of komplete. From standard to ultimate. You need the update from k8-11 or from k8u-11u depending on what version you are updating.

Return to “Instruments”