discoDSP Synths

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I bet Tim is glad he joined the company. Wonder how long he's gonna last? :?: :hihi: :hihi:
I wonder what happens if I press this button...

wagtunes wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:48 pm Hey chk071, I want to make sure I understand this right.

So on May 1, 2019 Customer X buys Discovery Pro, under the assumption that he gets free updates and can, at the very least, download his purchase again if somehow it got lost or he had a computer crash or whatever, and then on June 1, 2019, goes to download this product and finds out that he can't unless he pays for a cloud service, something he was NOT informed of when he just purchased a month prior, and you're OKAY with this?
No. Obviously you either didn't read my posts properly, or you didn't understand them properly. Actually, the opposite, i think i made it pretty clear in my second last post that i think people should stop buying, or address the developer directtly, if they're angry about how things went.

See, that's what i mean. Guys, stop thinking with your heart, and more with your brain. This thread and this whole thing is emotion overload. Nothing rational, and decent.

Not that that matters, but, i ALWAYS make backups of all my installers, BTW. I have them stored on two external harddrives. Would have saved the respective people a lot of trouble in this case.

Not that i think many who complain here are actual discoDSP customers.

discoDSP wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:09 pm - Customer: I don't want to pay 14 EUR for 1 year upgrades of all my products
Just to play devil's advocate: Say this cloud system had been going since the website initially launched, and I was a customer that bought Corona and/or Vertigo and/or Phantom last June, what would've I got for my €29 over the year ?

ramseysounds wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:52 pm I bet Tim is glad he joined the company. Wonder how long he's gonna last? :?: :hihi: :hihi:
is he already fired ? or he quit ?

discoDSP wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:09 pm TONS of EXISTING customers have PAID for Cloud :roll: and they are very happy with it.
:lol: :o :box: :smack: :uhuhuh:

I can see the coffers overflowing with the gold,silver and precious stones that the devoted followers have lovingly brought to the altar for Swami G the DSP coder :hihi:
0degree wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:31 pm I'm really amazed how you're able to find out even more creative ways to shoot yourself in the foot :clap:
:tu:

He's working overtime on the recipies for self destruction...

You have to give him credit 'cos he's doing a hell of good job !

Do you think that it's the steroids ? :help:
No auto tune...

Nahh... i don't care anymore. Phatetic shit.. you can take what you want when it comes to them: the updates, the policy, the.. ah.. forget it!

Anyway..

Today i bought Rapid for 130,- EUR now this is really a great sounding excellent piece of a VSTi (and don't forget all updates are free: 1.6 now).

The future is bright. :)
Intel® Core™ i9-9900K•Cubase 11•Presonus Eris E8 XT•Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 & Octopre•NI Kontrol S61 MK2•Stein­berg CC121•Synthesizers: Arturia Casio Korg Roland Yamaha

Reefius wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:51 pm
discoDSP wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:09 pm Oh, and continue this senseless drama thread until it gets locked.
Good thing you don't have the power to lock or delete threads here, like you do all the time in your own subforum.
All the time? What a lie. We're not leaving occasional trash posts at our home because they will stink.

KVR is very lucky of not being sued for brain damage after reading threads like these.

mladi wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:00 pm Today i bought Rapid for 130,- EUR now this is really a great sounding excellent piece of a VSTi (and don't forget all updates are free: 1.6 now).
My condolences to Rapid devs :lol:

chk071 wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:53 pm
wagtunes wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:48 pm Hey chk071, I want to make sure I understand this right.

So on May 1, 2019 Customer X buys Discovery Pro, under the assumption that he gets free updates and can, at the very least, download his purchase again if somehow it got lost or he had a computer crash or whatever, and then on June 1, 2019, goes to download this product and finds out that he can't unless he pays for a cloud service, something he was NOT informed of when he just purchased a month prior, and you're OKAY with this?
No. Obviously you either didn't read my posts properly, or you didn't understand them properly. Actually, the opposite, i think i made it pretty clear in my second last post that i think people should stop buying, or address the developer directtly, if they're angry about how things went.

See, that's what i mean. Guys, stop thinking with your heart, and more with your brain. This thread and this whole thing is emotion overload. Nothing rational, and decent.

Not that that matters, but, i ALWAYS make backups of all my installers, BTW. I have them stored on two external harddrives. Would have saved the respective people a lot of trouble in this case.

Not that i think many who complain here are actual discoDSP customers.
Except boycotting the company doesn't help the people who already purchased and didn't know this was going to happen.

What is THEIR recourse? They have none.

How am I going to do a license transfer for a discodsp plugin?

discoDSP wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:04 pm
discoDSP wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:09 pm Oh, and continue this senseless drama thread until it gets locked.
Good thing you don't have the power to lock or delete threads here, like you do all the time in your own subforum.
All the time? What a lie. We're not leaving occasional trash posts at our home because they will stink.

KVR is very lucky of not being sued for brain damage after reading threads like these.
Yeah sure, because is not so convenient that the truth comes to light and people can see all the bad moves you're doing. That is what you don't want to be known.

discoDSP wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:04 pm

you need a brain in the first place to claim damages

clearly you dont

Soundplex wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:08 pm How am I going to do a license transfer for a discodsp plugin?
easy, just deduct $29 from the asking price, to cover the Cloud Scam the buyer will need to purchase :lol:

This is unbelievable !

A developer denying customers access to the installers they PAID for unless they pay AGAIN. Telling them the following:
Fine Sir, have a good day and GTFO my business if you don't demonstrate loyalty and real support.
One might ask where the hell HIS loyality and support towards those customers is !

Any developer refusing customers access to a prod8t they paid for unless they pay again (despite the amount) and, if they don't want to, telling them to get the f**k off should be permanently banned from KVR.

Do we have a poll ?

Soundplex wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:08 pm How am I going to do a license transfer for a discodsp plugin?
contactus@discodsp.com with purchase number and new customer details + $29 fee. New customer gets 1 year Cloud.
AnX wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:11 pm you need a brain in the first place to claim damages

clearly you dont
Poor boy has to go personal attack again. Shame on KVR mod team.
Last edited by discoDSP on Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Instruments”