discoDSP Synths

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Any Good?
Say NO to CLAP!

Be aware of the new subscription download model.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=525951
Trance, Trance Is Life

Oh no.
Softsynth addict and electronic music enthusiast.
"Destruction is the work of an afternoon. Creation is the work of a lifetime."

jinotsuh wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 12:39 amAny Good?
Definitely not, and I tend to have a big respect for developers, but this particular... he introduced a new unfair system model to previous users without any information and in addition to that he ignored all of the suggestions and the very justified reacctions of his previous users concerning all of this.

No, I don't recommend him until he recognize what he did and fix his bad businesses.

The synths are actually quite nice even though the came a bit of age. But you need to be willing to accommodate a somewhat unstable developer. George has a history of struggling with health issues, something he has been very open about. And his actions are not necessarily always in the interest of his customers.
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

hhuang9611 wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 12:41 am Be aware of the new subscription download model.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=525951
Despite all the DiscoDSP shenanigans there was some other weird stuff going on in that thread. I was about to call someone out on their BS but the thread was locked. :borg:

Unlike other companies which push annoying free updates and installer re-downloads that we all hate, DSP offer a pretty innovative scheme that means you pay again for the downloads.

Seems legit...

Edit: nevermind
Last edited by Russell Grand on Fri May 31, 2019 4:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

samsam wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 3:14 am Unlike other companies which push annoying free updates and installer re-downloads that we all hate, DSP offer a pretty innovative scheme that means you pay again for the downloads.

Seems legit...
That subscription plan though...

OP: Personally, I'd pass on DiscoDSP.

The synths aren't bad at all- it's the customer experience that's :-x
Music can no longer soothe the worried thoughts of monarchs; it can only tell you when it's time to buy margarine or copulate. -xoxos
Discontinue use if rash or irritation develops.

Great synths. Especially I like Discovery (pro) and Corona. Just be prepared to pay for those again and again and again.. Not that great that I'd pay 29$ annually to receive updates or bugfixes.

Yikes. TIL ...

not really, and the dev is currently scamming his customers

avoid at all costs, and it will cost you

samsam wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 3:14 am Unlike other companies which push annoying free updates and installer re-downloads that we all hate, DSP offer a pretty innovative scheme that means you pay again for the downloads.
:lol:

It's the new paradigm for adding value to the base product :tu:

Extra cheese :party:
No auto tune...

Return to “Instruments”