Phase Plant released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

tdm71 wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:01 pm
rollasoc wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:17 am Phase Plant is $99 at the moment, which though not cheap, is not what I would consider pricey.

There is also the $9.99 subscription option, where you get $100 back each year to purchase permanent products. So you could get Phase plant and something else at the end of year 2?
How does the subscription work if you already own phase plant? Just curious if I should buy Phrase Plant for the $99 and do the subscription for the rest of just do the subscription without the purchase?
I think the regular prices are: Phase Plant $169. With some Snapins $199, with all Snapins $349, Everything $499

I already had everythign they sell except PP and the 2 new Snapins. But now I own it all. I really think PP benefits from as many Snapins as you can afford.

FYI the upgrade price to me to add just PP and the 2 new Snapins was $143 but I got an artists discount which made it much more attactive. But to get it with all the Snapins is $350 regular price which is... well... a bit of a challenge to justify.

The more I work with Phase Plant the more I like it. It's a powerhouse with what I think is a really nice unique and versatile sound. The presets are blowing my mind. Somehow to me its like Serum and Falcon combined, with a sprinkle of Curve 2.

New 1.8 released, nice new features.

Using the demo it's quite confusing what's included in base Phaseplant or not - I see filter plugin not - but does that mean no filters at all if just have base ?

I don't think I've seen many patches on other synths that don't use at least one filter ?

Thanks

Buckster wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:31 pm Using the demo it's quite confusing what's included in base Phaseplant or not - I see filter plugin not - but does that mean no filters at all if just have base ?

I don't think I've seen many patches on other synths that don't use at least one filter ?

Thanks
If you look on their website it clearly says what is included in each package.

I get that I'm.asking what it actually means - so there is no filter at all in base PP ?

Buckster wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:56 pm I get that I'm.asking what it actually means - so there is no filter at all in base PP ?
There is a multi-filter in the generators section with the oscillators.

Buckster wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:56 pm I get that I'm.asking what it actually means - so there is no filter at all in base PP ?
Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you get the filter module in the osc/generator section, but not the FX/snapin one.

Ah ok fantastic I'll try that out this evening thankyou

mdstudio wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:23 pm
Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you get the filter module in the osc/generator section, but not the FX/snapin one.
Yes, like i said above there is a multi filter in the synth section.

Thankyou also.Biome will try tonight :)

Trying the 10-day trial base version, with just the free snapins. Being the base version, almost all of the presets are full of locked features/snapins.

As a result, after a while it starts feeling more like a demo than a base version. While it's clear that one can do a fair amount with just those free features, I'm beginning to get the impression that buying the base version would just lead to frustration more than anything.

rj0 wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:38 pm Trying the 10-day trial base version, with just the free snapins. Being the base version, almost all of the presets are full of locked features/snapins.

As a result, after a while it starts feeling more like a demo than a base version. While it's clear that one can do a fair amount with just those free features, I'm beginning to get the impression that buying the base version would just lead to frustration more than anything.
As I mentioned in a previous post, I picked up all the SnapIns plus MultiPass in a 3rd party sale. Then I picked up their "premium" plugins afterwards on other sales. Phase Plant itself cost me $70US with the 2 new SnapIns.

If I didn't have all their effects that work in PP, I am not sure I'd enjoy PP as much. There would be great motivation to get all the SnapIns that work with it. So just keep that in mind, that you will likely be wanting all the other SnapIns.

rj0 wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:38 pm Trying the 10-day trial base version, with just the free snapins. Being the base version, almost all of the presets are full of locked features/snapins.

Exactly how I feel, all of the fx should be available in the plug in for a base price, there should just be one version for 1XX or whatever- happy for (others) to pay extra if they want the fx available outside of PP, but personably I have no interest in that or the convoluted sales model and the cost is simply too much for this synth with the FX...Rapid was just on sale for less than 100 bucks AND you can use all the FX outside of rapid.....
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

I agree with the above - exactly like MSoundFactory (which I bought btw) the fantastic FX if don't own the FX are only useable with the synth not as externals which seems fair to me

Bit pricey the full monty, isn't it?
Wait one year, it'll be quite cheaper because no one pays that much for something like that (except some gearslutz off course).

Return to “Instruments”