Phase Plant released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

This synth is insanely powerful.

The wavetable editor looks very deep and user friendly.

Same day as Hive 2! I'm feeling a little bit synthed out at the moment, got so many new toys to play with lately with Hive 2 and Melda Sound Factory etc. :D

I checked my upgrade price for having the Kilohearts Toolbox Professional and seems to be €118, which doesn't immediately tempt me. Maybe next sale. Back to playing with Hive 2! :hihi:

Are there really no support for microtonal tunings? Incredible that a new software synth of this depth can be released in 2019 without tuning support.

Hmm. Pretty pricey if you want the full range of effects. Not much to interest the filter nerds. Pleasantly surprised to see the LFOs double as MSEGs. Would be nice if the wavetable module had some bend/sync/etc. capabilities like Serum, MASSIVE, et al. Per-voice fx is pretty cool. And obviously all the cross-mod stuff you can do looks great. Good call getting Venus Theory to plug your stuff. Maybe I'll wait for Black Friday and hope for a sale.
Softsynth addict and electronic music enthusiast.
"Destruction is the work of an afternoon. Creation is the work of a lifetime."

Don’t miss the “Poly” toggle at the top of each lane. It allows you to apply all the effects in a lane to each voice individually, even giving each voice unique random values from the Random modulator etc. <--- this is just so awesome! Per voice fx is truly underrated. I know Falcon can do it and i love it

Ranoka wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 11:10 pm I checked my upgrade price for having the Kilohearts Toolbox Professional and seems to be €118, which doesn't immediately tempt me. Maybe next sale. Back to playing with Hive 2! :hihi:
Think I'll probably wait on an upgrade sale from the KTP too, most of this I can already do with Rapid and can make wavetables just as easily in Icarus if I desire. Even though I have most of the modules, I'm wary of these new virtual modulars where the initial outlay is just the price you pay for entering the money pit.

Level 8's presets are very impressive.

The CPU usage is OK, the sound is globally nice (I think I expected more from this one), but I find this synth visually unappealing for some reason I can't explain, it doesn't seem fun to program at first contact. But maybe I'll change my mind. Anyway I'll wait for a sale as there's no intro price.
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

exmatproton wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 12:06 am Don’t miss the “Poly” toggle at the top of each lane. It allows you to apply all the effects in a lane to each voice individually, even giving each voice unique random values from the Random modulator etc. <--- this is just so awesome! Per voice fx is truly underrated. I know Falcon can do it and i love it
That's pretty impressive. Per voice effects is pretty rare. I can do that with Omnisphere when using multi-mode and having each one respond to a different midi channel and using an mpe type setup. Problem is that after every tweak you have to copy across the layers again. Repro has per voice distortion which is nice and Falcon I remember had a few effects per voice, but not all. Definitely an excellent feature.

I've been demoing it for the last hour and I'm pretty impressed. Not sure I will buy it...yet - but I'm definitely keeping my eye on it. I would like a few more wave manipulations... Like how in pigments the phase distortion bends and twists the wave. But the wave distortion effect in phase plant doesn't seem to do much. Also, the modular nature means some easy things become a lot more work, like adding a little fm to a wavetable, but you can do so much more if you're willing to do the work. I would also like an Oscilloscope in there. I feel like there are so many top notch synths coming out this year. It's crazy.

looks super-fun, but i'm a little disappointed that there's no animation of the modulation targets. You can see the amounts as a pie chart, but they're not moving...

Looks nice, but way too expensive for me to buy the full package. That’s okay, I have enough toys already.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

They say you can still use the effects even if you don't own them, but you can't tweak them. I wonder what that means. Do you think that if I add the formant filter, I can't switch the vowel. I can't tell because the demo unlocked everything...

Okay, I need a little help. Back in March of 2018, I purchased the Ultimate EDM bundle that contains all the FX snaps. I went to the site and I don't see any discount or upgrade options for customers who already own all the snaps.

Am I missing something or is this just the way it is?

There is a discount of $50 off phase plant and $17 ea off the new snapins: ensemble and flanger, listed
for me. Seems like they need to make some cash on phase plant relative to previous upgrade discounts.
I had the 'seemingly' eliminated or re-labeled 'works' bundle previously. So I guess I don't have that anymore. :lol:

Return to “Instruments”