Unfiltered Audio Lion

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Is there some good soundset which shows the quality of Lion? I was demoin it a few days and i really was hyped but i didnt enjoy it much sadly :(
Sometimes you just need more time, a 2nd run and/or some other showcases.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Caine123 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:29 pm Is there some good soundset which shows the quality of Lion? I was demoin it a few days and i really was hyped but i didnt enjoy it much sadly :(
A new company called Ambient Works released a beautiful preset package:
https://soundcloud.com/ambientwks/sets/ ... 1-for-lion

I'm particularly fond of "Clouded Window"

> Were you switching presets when it crashed?

yes
2 out of 4 times
1 i can't recall
1 switching polyphony from 4 to 16

muki wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:00 pm > Were you switching presets when it crashed?

yes
2 out of 4 times
1 i can't recall
1 switching polyphony from 4 to 16
Perfect, thanks! Yes, I think the crash is occurring when changing the number of active voices (as changing presets also changes this).

I got the scrollwheel behavior updated on Windows this morning. Holding Shift will now allow you to use a vertical scroll wheel to scroll the BYOME and modulator rows horizontally. If you have a horizontal mouse wheel, this doesn't break anything. This change will make its way to BYOME and Triad as well.

Thank you so much for the upcoming option to disable the output saturator! I think that's going to extend its range significantly. I've been enjoying LION a lot and I'm really looking forward to trying out more clean-to-filthy modulations and making sounds with a bit more 'snap' and/or 'spike'/'shudder' to them. Curious to hear how the more unusual mixing modes will behave with the brakes off too.

thelizard wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:24 am We're posting new public betas on Friday, and PA will work on making it an official release shortly thereafter.
Hi Michael,

will the "cutting off of internal effects at the end of a midi loop"-bug in Bitwig that I reported (see s.39) also be fixed with this beta and the hopefully soon afterwards official PA release?
You said that you have solved this problem in a post from 23. Sep., but it does not appear in your new fix list.
Would be really great.

amwk wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:24 am
thelizard wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:24 am We're posting new public betas on Friday, and PA will work on making it an official release shortly thereafter.
Hi Michael,

will the "cutting off of internal effects at the end of a midi loop"-bug in Bitwig that I reported (see s.39) also be fixed with this beta and the hopefully soon afterwards official PA release?
You said that you have solved this problem in a post from 23. Sep., but it does not appear in your new fix list.
Would be really great.
Yes! That was fixed. It will be in the build.

thelizard wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:33 pm
Caine123 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:29 pm Is there some good soundset which shows the quality of Lion? I was demoin it a few days and i really was hyped but i didnt enjoy it much sadly :(
A new company called Ambient Works released a beautiful preset package:
https://soundcloud.com/ambientwks/sets/ ... 1-for-lion

I'm particularly fond of "Clouded Window"
I’ve not had a chance to demo it yet, (Bad time of the year work wise) but those sound great. Some of them actually remind me of sounds I’ve programmed on my Prophet 12. I’ll definitely pick this up for Christmas.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

thelizard wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:37 pm
amwk wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:24 am
Hi Michael,

Would be really great.
Yes! That was fixed. It will be in the build.
Very good!
Thank you.

Unfiltered Lion is a tough sell for me, only because I own all of the UA FX plugins and a few other top end synthesizers (Serum, Komplete 12, Strobe2, Cypher2, Razor, Equator, Bitwig)

I've listened to the very scarce sound demos available on Soundcloud, but a lot of the stuff I heard could be made using any of my existing tools. I really think it's a cool idea, but it doesn't really sound like anything that I can't do already.

I was kind of hoping there might be granular oscillators / sampler on board when I heard about it, but I think that might be coming as a different product?
:borg:

Some more notes:
-Many of the sound designers will be tweaking their factory presets to accommodate the new features. PluginGuru/John Lehmkuhl in particular was the one who reported the legato issues and requested the phase randomization, so his presets will be upgraded. If you're already using a preset in a project, the project will not be affected.
-While we are tweaking the factory library, we will look to fix any preset that was not saved at tonic (i.e. anything where the base oscillators are not tuned to 0 st, +/- 12, 24, etc.
-We have requested that PA reset everyone's demos so that you can retry LION with all of the improvements. No confirmation on this yet.

V0RT3X: Yeah, sample-based stuff will be in a different instrument. Samples do not sound good with the LION architecture, as most of the mixer modes are designed around cyclical waveforms. That's still a long ways out, as we're getting the LION patch out first, doing another big round of BYOME/Triad betas and updates, adding Catalina notarization to everything, and then working on an effect collaboration.

i come to more and more lion
guess one has to grow with it

esp the special oscillators like ringo, fm and wavefold are wonderful imho
and the modulationpossibilities are enormous

i made a few presets
nothing special
some super-ordinary ones and others mostly in the experimental/airy/bell/pad-like category
kind of spooky...
well, halloween is coming ;-)

enjoy:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0abuwlg88hjj6 ... 1.zip?dl=0

btw,
i would have uploaded them here on KVR, but there still is no LION product page available here (yet)?

Windows public betas are ready: https://www.dropbox.com/s/40g2f0qcx8fg6 ... 5.zip?dl=0
(No AAX yet).

I'll get Mac builds up in about an hour.

I ran into a last minute build issue on the Mac front due to the build system migration. I'm about to head to a Wilco concert, so I'll get it patched first thing tomorrow! Sorry for the delay.

enjoy the concert
no hurry!

Return to “Instruments”