Unfiltered Audio Lion

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hhuang9611 wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:46 pm $99 intro offer and $50 voucher, so tempting... But I just fear that if I buy it now, a couple days later, there will be a better crossgrade price for byome and triad owners (yes, I have both).
You could always wait until Sept31st ... day before the deal runs out. I doubt it'll get cheaper, but what do I know?

thelizard wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:03 pm Oh that's bizarre. I'm wondering if Bitwig is reporting a transport restart when doing MIDI loops. What happens if you nudge the clip and loop braces forward on the track so that it doesn't loop at 1.0.0?
Thank you for your help.
I had the same thought, but on the other hand I never experienced something like that in Bitwig with the internal effects of any of the other synths I have (and I have quite a lot and I am a daily Bitwig user especially with synths for quite some time).
Besides that: I did what you've asked and nudged the clip and loop braces a bit forward but the cutting off of reverb or delay remains.

FYI: I made a test without effects but with single notes that have a really long release: the release of the last note wasn't cut off before the loop jumps back.

thecontrolcentre wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:50 pm
hhuang9611 wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:46 pm $99 intro offer and $50 voucher, so tempting... But I just fear that if I buy it now, a couple days later, there will be a better crossgrade price for byome and triad owners (yes, I have both).
You could always wait until Sept31st ... day before the deal runs out. I doubt it'll get cheaper, but what do I know?
Exactly my plan :tu:
I don't think it can get cheaper neither, but I have been screwed so many times by PA's "surprise" sale due to lack of patience. :dog:
Trance, Trance Is Life

thecontrolcentre wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:50 pm
If you wait until Sep 31st the deal will be over and you'll be dead. :tu:

I’m not sure what I was thinking when I blew my voucher on the SPL Vitalizer yesterday. I mean, it was free. I’m not complaining, but I didn’t realize that Lion would be released the next effing day. I’m not spending $100 bucks on Lion this month. I’m just not. I already bought UVI Falcon over the weekend. I’ll just have to satisfy myself with that for a while.

exmatproton wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:16 am
TheEdster75 wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:12 am Quick question. I don't know if I am terming this correctly or not. But does this thing have an arpegiator that you can set the program to the BPM of your track and hit a key on the keyboard and have this cool sound effect come out in perfect timing? I'm primarily a guitarist looking to add more and more cool layers to songs and stuff like that. Also do a tad bit of producing. This is something I am able to do with Helion SE in Cubase. I'm looking to pick this up from Plugin Alliance if it will do stuff like that. Thanks in advance. :tu: :phones:
No arp in this thing. Also, the main amp env can't be triggered by the internal sequencers. So you'll have to rely on external devices for that
You can use the sequencer as an arpeggiator while quantizing the pitch of the oscillator (little icon next to the osc). There you can choose scales, which is fun. Trigger the sequencer with the gate from the modsource keyboard and there you go :)
The average bored guy

bite_me wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:27 pm
exmatproton wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:16 am
TheEdster75 wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:12 am Quick question. I don't know if I am terming this correctly or not. But does this thing have an arpegiator that you can set the program to the BPM of your track and hit a key on the keyboard and have this cool sound effect come out in perfect timing? I'm primarily a guitarist looking to add more and more cool layers to songs and stuff like that. Also do a tad bit of producing. This is something I am able to do with Helion SE in Cubase. I'm looking to pick this up from Plugin Alliance if it will do stuff like that. Thanks in advance. :tu: :phones:
No arp in this thing. Also, the main amp env can't be triggered by the internal sequencers. So you'll have to rely on external devices for that
You can use the sequencer as an arpeggiator while quantizing the pitch of the oscillator (little icon next to the osc). There you can choose scales, which is fun. Trigger the sequencer with the gate from the modsource keyboard and there you go :)
Not per voice, since the voices can't be retriggered. Also, the q settings aren't fixed yet.

Just a quick update on the public betas...
We've moved everything to this page so that you don't have to comb through forum threads. We'll post this link on our official channels:
https://www.unfilteredaudio.com/pages/beta

We have a hotfix build up that fixes the broken quantization buttons and the LP/HP/BP12 zippering when oversampling is enabled.

thelizard wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:37 pm Just a quick update on the public betas...
We've moved everything to this page so that you don't have to comb through forum threads. We'll post this link on our official channels:

We have a hotfix build up that fixes the broken quantization buttons and the LP/HP/BP12 zippering when oversampling is enabled.
Yes!! Thanks!

thelizard wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:37 pm Just a quick update on the public betas...

Excellent! Thanks!

:cry: ‘Because of the extreme testing that is required by Plugin Alliance for all releases, sometimes they are unable to push out the latest builds’

This is an improvement, although maybe a year to late for me with BYOME as I always had problems with HiDPI and scaling and in the end gave up....now the grid is out for Bitwig I don’t use it.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

sacer wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:29 pm it crashes my ableton Live - so it seems to be unstable or causing conflicts like byome and triad.

I got by switching throug presets a 277% cpu consumption, and after thaqt ableton freezes with error message, that Live has to shut down, because of a serious error......
Same here, mbp late 2012, cpu consumption can reach 40% with some presets.

bought a lion... yeah yeah yeah.. good joke...

downloaded the beta installer, which contains only the dll and vst3. and the aax..

i noticed user presets are now saved in a folder at your choosing, which works for me better, but you don't have the list "user presets", updated anymore.

in the previous version, the one from PA, they where stored on the boot drive.

i also noticed, that when you work too fast, you will write over own presets, because there is no "window" saying that this preset already exists, when saving. this is a small, but i am a chaotic buttterfly.... inconvenience...

besides that: how easy to make strange, also repetitive sounds, with effects.

and oversampling seems to have a lot of impact on the sound.

Thanks for the hotfix. Quantization and filter working great now.

Two major issues that it would be nice to see addressed are the MIDI Input Gate not functioning with the envelope Trigger and the out of sync tempo. I made a video showing both these issues in Cubase 10 on a Mac. They have also been confirmed by a Studio One user on Windows. Are there plans for a fix?

Love this synth by the way. I think it's really something special. The Oscillators and especially the Mix section are very unique.

https://youtu.be/n_fOtR88ybg

Thanks for the (beta) updates .. downloading now. Is there a list of fixes included?

Return to “Instruments”