Unfiltered Audio Lion

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Priced currently $169, hopefully heavy-hitters can get a decent discount soon
Trance, Trance Is Life

was hoping for a crossgrade deal (from BYOME) like Triad since a decent amount of the DSP is from BYOME. hopefully they add in some more discounts cause 170 is much too steep for me.

nathanj wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:07 am was hoping for a crossgrade deal (from BYOME) like Triad since a decent amount of the DSP is from BYOME. hopefully they add in some more discounts cause 170 is much too steep for me.
Likewise, I have everything except Zip and I'm similarly disappointed at the lack of crossgrade offer, at 200 bucks after VAT it's a non-starter for me. No big sweat though, I love BYOME/TRIAD and will continue to use these with the many other awesome synths that I have :)
Always Read the Manual!

@PieBerger

Exactly!

Edit: I mean no disrespect to the UA devs. You guys are awesome. It's just the marketing could sometimes use some work.

I almost brought it and just couldn't bring myself to. I own Byome and Triad and can't see why I would spend so much on effectively 2 osc's and a mix section. I'm going to hold off for a bit.

hhuang9611 wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:58 am Priced currently $169, hopefully heavy-hitters can get a decent discount soon
I have Byome and Triad (and all except ZIP), you would think there would be a reduction

So there's an intro price of $129 if you use the code LION-129-INTRO

But they're gonna have to do better than that still for BYOME or Triad owners.

I find some of the negative comments regarding PA a little confusing. So what if they jumped on the Sub bandwagon - seems like everybody’s doing it - the pricing is ok plus they offer different sub bundles, not forcing everyone to sub all products that they don’t need. Seems fair to me. Then there was the seemingly new price structure that was forcing people to sub - your choice - and the fear that there wouldn’t be any more sales... looks like they might have been listening as there’s a $39 deal on the SPL Vitalizer this week.
Now Lion... Heavy Hitter price is $99 until 31 Sep and if you receive a monthly voucher it’s even cheaper. Thanks PA :tu:

Xbucket wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:44 am Just checked it out. Do i miss something or doesn´t it have mseg Envelopes? Soundwise i have to dig deeper; it seems to be great for atmospheric stuff but i am not sure if i would use it for bread and butter stuff, but time will tell and i don´t know if it should be a synth for the regular stuff.
multi segment envelope generators Envelopes? No, it hasn't have those. Also, no MSEG's. Lots of other fun stuff though.

kelvyn wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:03 am I find some of the negative comments regarding PA a little confusing. So what if they jumped on the Sub bandwagon - seems like everybody’s doing it - the pricing is ok plus they offer different sub bundles, not forcing everyone to sub all products that they don’t need. Seems fair to me. Then there was the seemingly new price structure that was forcing people to sub - your choice - and the fear that there wouldn’t be any more sales... looks like they might have been listening as there’s a $39 deal on the SPL Vitalizer this week.
Now Lion... Heavy Hitter price is $99 until 31 Sep and if you receive a monthly voucher it’s even cheaper. Thanks PA :tu:
Still no sale price for loyal UA customers though, especially those who own BYOME/TRIAD, which is 50% or more of LION's makeup. Why existing PA customers who own a tonne of other vendors software but not BYOME/TRIAD, should be entitled to a bigger discount is plain weird and example of how PA goes about things is the most backwards of ways. They attract a lot of negative comments, not necessarily from what they do but how they do it. Offering a discount isn't unusual, but giving it to heavy hitters and not existing UA customers is. Personally it makes me very wary to buy from PA, unless it's for no brainer price, because you just don't know what you're going to get with them. You might buy a plugin at $99 and then 2 days later get sent an e-mail with a special one time code for reason X, where you can get it for $4 after using a voucher...

Edit: I would like to invest in UA because I really like their plugins, but since they are tied to PA, including official support and licensing I'm just not prepared to drop a tonne of cash. If they can afford to sell to heavy hitters for $99, then I don't think a $49 price tag for loyal UA customers is being too unreasonable.
Last edited by PieBerger on Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Always Read the Manual!

hmmm...this version is still 1.0.0, with all the bugs there are reported. I hoped they would release it with AT LEAST the quantization fixed..

Yeah, always wait to the end of a sale to be safe with PA. They always throw in sweeteners trying to get as many sales as possible. it's annoying as f**k if you buy in too early.

but hey. capitalism, yay! sign

kelvyn wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:03 amNow Lion... Heavy Hitter price is $99 until 31 Sep and if you receive a monthly voucher it’s even cheaper. Thanks PA :tu:
Yep just picked up my copy for just under £24 :tu:

I own every UA plugin except Dent 2 but I'm not a Heavy Hitter on PA so price for me is the exact same as someone who's never bought a thing. I can't pay $129 for this. There was a discount on Triad for BYOME owners and I have to suspect PA and their new subscription mania is behind there being no Triad or BYOME owner discount for Lion.
Last edited by graspee on Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

So what's the update rate for modulation , is it at sample rate or a lesser control rate ?
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Return to “Instruments”