FYI!! Melda SoundFactory ON SALE til JUNE 30

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
User avatar
dionenoid
KVRist
490 posts since 3 Jan, 2019 from Holland

Post Tue May 21, 2019 4:24 am

Damn, i cannot edit some of the sounds i saved in MSF anymore. I can however edit them when i open them from Cubase, where i saved the EXACT same sounds. (only some of them unfortunately)

Is this to do with the 13.01 update or something else ?
More BPM please

OneOfManyPauls
KVRian
938 posts since 17 Jul, 2016 from Wales, UK

Re: FYI!! Melda SoundFactory ON SALE NOW

Post Tue May 21, 2019 4:37 am

I've seen that with some of mine too after the update.

n9research
KVRist
44 posts since 3 Mar, 2009 from UK

Re: FYI!! Melda SoundFactory ON SALE NOW

Post Tue May 21, 2019 4:59 am

wagtunes wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 2:54 am
n9research wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 12:40 am
wagtunes wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 1:21 pm
Is there any way to map a drum kit using MDrummer? I'm not seeing anything?
I may have your intention wrong, but here's how I map a drum kit in one instance of MSF

(it's less annoying and convoluted than it appears, honest...)

1. Don't use the Generator tab (as you can't set the note range of individual Generators)
2. In the FX tab, place a Modular16 (or other modular, if you need more/less slots)
3. Enable MIDI Input for the Modular16 (right-click)
4. In each column of Modular16, place an instance of MSF
5. Set the note range of each MSF (by right-clicking the MSF you placed in Modular16)
6. In each MSF, build your sound!

If you don't need more than 6 slots, you can place MSF directly in the FX tab columns, rather than use a Modular (but you lose the ability to set oversampling individually for each instance)
Thanks. There is still one very big problem. Assigning a sound over a note range, there is no pitch follow. So my toms are all the same pitch from F2 to B2. So, the only way to get each tom at a separate pitch is to assign a single tom to each note and tune each by hand.

In any other sampler, assigning over a note range, each note would have a different pitch.

This is still not an ideal solution.
For your MDrummer generators, look inside the Triggering tab. "Pitch Shift Per Semitone" will vary the pitch across a range of keys.

DarkStar
KVRAF
9294 posts since 2 Sep, 2003 from Surrey, UK

Re: FYI!! Melda SoundFactory ON SALE NOW

Post Tue May 21, 2019 5:04 am

wagtunes wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 7:30 pm
mevla wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 7:29 pm
wagtunes wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 7:27 pm
So I have to go through the whole installation procedure again and make sure I install every plugin I own by them?
It's not a whole installation procedure. It's done in less than a minute (after downloading).
When I installed JUST MSF, it uninstalled all my other Melda plugins. So please don't tell me it's less than a minute.
In the installer, you need to select ALL the plug-ins that you want. But I thought that the last selection was remembered? I've got a file in AppData named DefaultInstallerItems.xml
DarkStar
Interesting, if true ...

WasteLand
KVRist
371 posts since 8 Jun, 2018

Re: FYI!! Melda SoundFactory ON SALE NOW

Post Tue May 21, 2019 5:13 am

DarkStar wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 5:04 am
wagtunes wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 7:30 pm
mevla wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 7:29 pm
wagtunes wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 7:27 pm
So I have to go through the whole installation procedure again and make sure I install every plugin I own by them?
It's not a whole installation procedure. It's done in less than a minute (after downloading).
When I installed JUST MSF, it uninstalled all my other Melda plugins. So please don't tell me it's less than a minute.
In the installer, you need to select ALL the plug-ins that you want. But I thought that the last selection was remembered? I've got a file in AppData named DefaultInstallerItems.xml
the last selection is remembered, in my case, which seems to me normal.
win 10 pro; cubase 10.5 pro, live 10 suite (+push 2), reaper, arturia V collection 6, reason 10, maschine (mk3+jam), korg collection, komplete 11 ultimate, softube modular, VM and many more..
https://soundcloud.com/sada-exposada

User avatar
wagtunes
KVRAF
17670 posts since 8 Oct, 2014

Re: FYI!! Melda SoundFactory ON SALE NOW

Post Tue May 21, 2019 5:25 am

n9research wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 4:59 am
wagtunes wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 2:54 am
n9research wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 12:40 am
wagtunes wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 1:21 pm
Is there any way to map a drum kit using MDrummer? I'm not seeing anything?
I may have your intention wrong, but here's how I map a drum kit in one instance of MSF

(it's less annoying and convoluted than it appears, honest...)

1. Don't use the Generator tab (as you can't set the note range of individual Generators)
2. In the FX tab, place a Modular16 (or other modular, if you need more/less slots)
3. Enable MIDI Input for the Modular16 (right-click)
4. In each column of Modular16, place an instance of MSF
5. Set the note range of each MSF (by right-clicking the MSF you placed in Modular16)
6. In each MSF, build your sound!

If you don't need more than 6 slots, you can place MSF directly in the FX tab columns, rather than use a Modular (but you lose the ability to set oversampling individually for each instance)
Thanks. There is still one very big problem. Assigning a sound over a note range, there is no pitch follow. So my toms are all the same pitch from F2 to B2. So, the only way to get each tom at a separate pitch is to assign a single tom to each note and tune each by hand.

In any other sampler, assigning over a note range, each note would have a different pitch.

This is still not an ideal solution.
For your MDrummer generators, look inside the Triggering tab. "Pitch Shift Per Semitone" will vary the pitch across a range of keys.
That parameter does not exist when using MDrummer within MSF.

NVM. Found it.

Dasheesh
KVRAF
3673 posts since 22 Nov, 2012

Re: FYI!! Melda SoundFactory ON SALE NOW

Post Tue May 21, 2019 5:34 am

This is just an fyi if some of you have bought in for the first time (not trying to argue here). Melda literally releases an update almost every month. its continually updated.

mevla
KVRAF
2690 posts since 3 Nov, 2015

Re: FYI!! Melda SoundFactory ON SALE NOW

Post Tue May 21, 2019 5:40 am

Dasheesh wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 5:34 am
This is just an fyi if some of you have bought in for the first time (not trying to argue here). Melda literally releases an update almost every month. its continually updated.
Indeed. The plugins are already being updated on a regularly basis. Not all plugins are updated every time, but the updates happens often. That on top of that MSF is officially described as "will most likely be a never-ending project" reinforces substantially that notion.

mevla
KVRAF
2690 posts since 3 Nov, 2015

Re: FYI!! Melda SoundFactory ON SALE NOW

Post Tue May 21, 2019 5:46 am

About assigning MIDI notes to drum samples, the status at the moment is, quoting Vojtech:

The center note is NOT a MIDI filter. The MIDI filters aren't ready yet. Check the help ;). Center note only means which note will have no pitch shifting effect ;)

Some of you guys should follow the Melda forum. It's not that far away.

Musicisbest
KVRist
275 posts since 6 Sep, 2004

Re: FYI!! Melda SoundFactory ON SALE NOW

Post Tue May 21, 2019 10:30 am

dionenoid wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 4:24 am
Damn, i cannot edit some of the sounds i saved in MSF anymore. I can however edit them when i open them from Cubase, where i saved the EXACT same sounds. (only some of them unfortunately)

Is this to do with the 13.01 update or something else ?
Thats not good.

mevla
KVRAF
2690 posts since 3 Nov, 2015

Re: FYI!! Melda SoundFactory ON SALE NOW

Post Tue May 21, 2019 12:52 pm

Musicisbest wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 10:30 am
dionenoid wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 4:24 am
Damn, i cannot edit some of the sounds i saved in MSF anymore. I can however edit them when i open them from Cubase, where i saved the EXACT same sounds. (only some of them unfortunately)

Is this to do with the 13.01 update or something else ?
Thats not good.
I would be concerned with this, although I tried and could edit presets I made with the previous version. This said, there was a mention of an 'Edit' option that could be enabled or not which is offered so that sound set designers can prevent editing their patches. or something akin to that. You will definitively get more info about that in the Melda forum.

User avatar
dionenoid
KVRist
490 posts since 3 Jan, 2019 from Holland

Re: FYI!! Melda SoundFactory ON SALE NOW

Post Tue May 21, 2019 3:17 pm

Couldn't try any further today. Only quickly tried the same thing again, edit the same sound i started with, saved it and i could still edit. But not the variations i made before with version 13.00.

It's no biggy, because i saved the best version in Cubase itself and when i open that i can still edit. But yeah, worth investigating further...i had some other save problems too, MSF didn't save all the settings for mix amount of the fx, but that seems to be okay with the new version.

I will do some more testing tomorrow...
More BPM please

mevla
KVRAF
2690 posts since 3 Nov, 2015

Re: FYI!! Melda SoundFactory ON SALE NOW

Post Wed May 22, 2019 5:22 am

Version 13.01 of the Melda plugins is now officially released. See in the Melda KVR forum for details.

User avatar
TheSynthScientist
KVRist
201 posts since 29 Nov, 2018

Re: FYI!! Melda SoundFactory ON SALE NOW

Post Wed May 22, 2019 1:08 pm

mevla wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 5:22 am
Version 13.01 of the Melda plugins is now officially released. See in the Melda KVR forum for details.
Nice update

David
KVRian
1397 posts since 5 Jan, 2003 from Brookings, OR

Re: FYI!! Melda SoundFactory ON SALE NOW

Post Wed May 29, 2019 7:17 am

First online review for MSF has just appeared, here:

https://bedroomproducersblog.com/2019/0 ... ta-review/

Quite a good one, I thought…

Return to “Instruments”