FYI!! Melda SoundFactory ON SALE til JUNE 30

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
MSoundFactory MSoundFactory Sound Library

Okay, I found it. I clicked on one of the tabs at the right and found a tiny ARP button. I clicked on that and there's an arpeggiator. So why is everybody saying there is no ARP and you have to use an LFO?

This is where I've had the most problems so far. The labelling doesn't fit with every other synth
matrix.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

agree, it's an odd choice for wording. They used to call that section "modulators" - but now it's "utilities" in mxxx and msf too. Wonder if that means there's something new coming for there.

wagtunes wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 11:43 am Okay, I found it. I clicked on one of the tabs at the right and found a tiny ARP button. I clicked on that and there's an arpeggiator. So why is everybody saying there is no ARP and you have to use an LFO?
These are two different things, the arp re-triggers the amp envelope with each note, the LFO sequencer modulates sustained notes.

David wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 1:15 am
gentleclockdivider wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 10:37 pm I can't seem to find the designer for mturbo reverb in MSF , not in ez and edit screen
You mean this?:

(it's got it's own Edit/Ez modes—just like MXXX does)

Yeah but no code box ( which I spotted in a video of mturboreverb )
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

the code box (algorithm designer) is in the LR sections of that page. You may have to scroll down/pop out the page to see it though.

Mmhhh, once a sampler will be added i wonder if i could build my own vector based (with custom grids to choose with way more than 4 sources) synth with it. Also with a mix from samples and synthesis. It is a thing i miss (only a tiny iOS synth do this in an easy and fast way....sadly no multi-samples here) in almost all my desktop synths.
Also a parameter lock feature would be great. Maybe it is already there.

sfd wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 10:27 am As several others I also think the GUI is incredible poor.
Is it the graphics, the layout, the functionality , or ...? If you could you give some specific examples and suggestions, they can be considered. Some, of course, may already be possible, others would require much more work.

I do not know the capabilities of HALion so cannot compare them.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

Sampleconstruct wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 12:00 pm
wagtunes wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 11:43 am Okay, I found it. I clicked on one of the tabs at the right and found a tiny ARP button. I clicked on that and there's an arpeggiator. So why is everybody saying there is no ARP and you have to use an LFO?
These are two different things, the arp re-triggers the amp envelope with each note, the LFO sequencer modulates sustained notes.
Ah, okay. So then the ARP is like a standard ARP/Sequencer found on most synths (at least the ones I have) and the LFO sequencer is something a lot different.

Cinebient wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 12:21 pm Mmhhh, once a sampler will be added i wonder if i could build my own vector based (with custom grids to choose with way more than 4 sources) synth with it. Also with a mix from samples and synthesis. It is a thing i miss (only a tiny iOS synth do this in an easy and fast way....sadly no multi-samples here) in almost all my desktop synths.
Also a parameter lock feature would be great. Maybe it is already there.
Going by the posted youtube tutorials - pretty sure you can do this if you dig far enough.

Cinebient wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 12:21 pm Mmhhh, once a sampler will be added i wonder if i could build my own vector based (with custom grids to choose with way more than 4 sources) synth with it. Also with a mix from samples and synthesis. It is a thing i miss (only a tiny iOS synth do this in an easy and fast way....sadly no multi-samples here) in almost all my desktop synths.
don't see why not. If you needed more than 6 generators, you could use "modular" modules to nest matrices containing sound generators (synth and sampler when added), and midi route the volume controls of a bunch of cascading mixers to handle the cross fading. swapper modules might also be useful, they have a button that toggles between inputs.

wagtunes wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 12:36 pm
Sampleconstruct wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 12:00 pm
Ah, okay. So then the ARP is like a standard ARP/Sequencer found on most synths (at least the ones I have) and the LFO sequencer is something a lot different.
The LFO can either function as a normal LFO or as a sequencer, think MSEGs in other synths.

Not completely an msg , in the lfo view the steps are always quantised across the x-axis .
So for example if you lfo is 16 steps long , you can not have an exponential curve extend across 3 steps . ( see picture )
I think a comparison with ''N.I. massive's'' curve editor would be more accurate .
Luckily MSF aslo has MSEG's
Eyeball exchanging

gentleclockdivider wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 1:32 pm Not completely an msg , in the lfo view the steps are always quantised across the x-axis .
So for example if you lfo is 16 steps long , you can not have an exponential curve extend across 3 steps . ( see picture )
I think a comparison with ''N.I. massive's'' curve editor would be more accurate .
Luckily MSF aslo has MSEG's
I applaud your efforts on the analog filter behaviour in the melda forum :clap:

Not sure what you mean by that , but it couldn't hurt to add new filters , I had a personal conversation with the developer about that >
Then MSF would be perfect for me as a workhorse synth , I love this plugin otherwise I wouldn't post bugs .

On a side note , I got a warning and I will probably be banned from this thread , I have no idea why
I have never expressed negative feelings towards any person in this thread , only when someone attacks my persona and makes false acquisations .
I might have not correctly interpreted the post by 'mevla ' , to which I apologize
Eyeball exchanging

Return to “Instruments”