FYI!! Melda SoundFactory ON SALE til JUNE 30

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
MSoundFactory MSoundFactory Sound Library

Mpe works nicely, 5D and multi points user curves, lag.....
A lot of modules, per voices, are just insane:
Osc shaper, lfo at audio rate with kb follow, phase modulation modules, rm, karplus strong, unison modular module, distortion, amp, delay, chorus .... the list is to long
And an incredible and innovate modal filter....
Add to that, all the Melda fx, Mdrummer and Msf into the fx section.
If you like digital sounds design adventure, try it !
Can't wait for the new filter module.
Best
YY

Teksonik wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 1:53 pm As an added bonus you get 2493 files installed most of which have nothing to do with Soundfactory.

Melda 051019-1.png

Anyway trying the demo and it seems like a very powerful synth. I just have to get over my hatred of Melda's lazy programming that spews files from every one of his plugins all over your hard drive and stop typing yes you can choose which plugins install but not which support/preset files it installs. The amount of support files Melda requires is somewhat disconcerting. Imagine if N.I. installed every preset for every one of their plugins when you install a single one....then imagine if every developer did the same thing. You'd end up with more stuff you don't need that stuff you do.

Oh well I'm going to spend some more time with the Demo and see if it speaks to me. So far I'm not at "must have" but I am at "must spend more time with it". Then I have to decide if all the fluff and blubber is worth installing on my studio computer. At least Soundfactory appear to be something new so kudos for that..... :tu:
I think this might be the only case where it might be justified. All those modules are available in the MSoundFactory, so being able to save and load those presets and settings for each of the modules is certainly useful.

Okay, been quickly going through the architecture. Essentially, if you own Zebra 2, MSF will be a breeze for you to use. They are very similar in a lot of ways.

wagtunes wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 3:00 pm Okay, been quickly going through the architecture. Essentially, if you own Zebra 2, MSF will be a breeze for you to use. They are very similar in a lot of ways.
and what do you think of it?

wagtunes wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 3:00 pm Okay, been quickly going through the architecture. Essentially, if you own Zebra 2, MSF will be a breeze for you to use. They are very similar in a lot of ways.
Great, I better stick to Zebra & Reaktor then :D

WasteLand wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 3:02 pm
It's freaking off the charts amazing.

Sadly, just like MPowerSynth, it's going to be a niche product. For whatever reason, there are a lot of people turned off by the Melda way of putting their stuff together. And I get it. It can make you dizzy working with their plugins. I just choose to look past the quirks.

Looks like I'll be picking this one up.

Will the sampler be capable of multi samples?

I also think it resembles Zebra in the grid/modular architecture.
Except Zebra, although it's a complex synth, seems geared much more toward workflow and simplicity meanwhile MSF goes much more in depth as far as tweaking is concerned.
In zebra you get a "block" in the grid as an oscillator/operator, in MSF a single block in the grid can be an entire FM synth with up to 8 operators an their own FM matrix, just to make an example.
Modulation is also quite different and deeper in my opinion.

Reefius wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 7:36 am As long as Melda sticks to their horrible GUI, I will never use any of their plugins.
I'll stay with NI Reaktor for now...
The large GUI is just too big...good for the eye exercise I'd say but having to open screens to change some parameters is time consuming ..and not practical in my view..Is it the price to pay for having
scalable GUI?..Diva looks great and you can quickly change the window size..Nice.!!! Can others follow? :clap:
MPG X670E CARBON Ryzen 9 7900, 64Gb 6K DDR5 4x2tb Nvmes

From the docs here:
https://www.meldaproduction.com/doc/MSoundFactory
MSoundFactory is a modular environment, so we can freely add new modules for various methods of sampling and synthesis. Here's a list of what is planned. When it will be implemented depends on the development time and priorities of course. Feel free to post other ideas to us at info@meldaproduction.com .

Features

Virtual keyboard in the bottom, collapsible
MIDI filtering for modules, most likely based on custom expressions
Optimal microtuning - detuning each note in a chord for optimal alignment of harmonics
Custom GUIs, based on images, lower priority
Instrument browser hash-tag search
Global instrument preset browser, which would allow access not just to the devices, but their own presets, all in one place
FX and 6-out edition of MSoundFactory

Modules

Per-voice equalizer
TurboFilter (planned as a dedicated plugin too)
Sampler & Multi-sampler (current samplers are for percussion only)
Spectral synthesizer, most likely image based
Granular synthesizer

wagtunes wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 3:08 pm
WasteLand wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 3:02 pm

Sadly, just like MPowerSynth, it's going to be a niche product. For whatever reason, there are a lot of people turned off by the Melda way of putting their stuff together. And I get it. It can make you dizzy working with their plugins. I just choose to look past the quirks.

yes i am thinking i buy this one. i do not own any of the great synths (like hive, zebra, serum etc.), it is personal, nothing against them, on the contrary. i can work with what have, and make, with the right effects (glitchmachines, all of them, UA byome/specops_, and i have modular systems (softube, voltage modular), and my own strange sample "technique", i do not feel limited.

but this on in all thing, it is amazing.

the way melda puts stuff together, i use your words, i do not mind, if you get the hang of it, it is a great workflow, and the possibilities it creates.. that is what i want... i like normal effects or instruments too, but, "strange" plugins, yeah....

i like melda, but i have already many effects, and DAW's (in the KVR world i am small... not all daw's, not all synths or effects...). and VM i use for making effects, modular. still problems in cubase 10, but i rewire reaper, still figuring out the problem.

o i talk too much!

it is a beast, and it will become a bigger beast! even if i have reaktor 6.3 (full) with all the toybox packs, and i do not mind patching in build mode. this thing has a slightly (slightly?) different approach, that challenges you.

thank for your response and opinion. there goes my money...
Last edited by WasteLand on Fri May 10, 2019 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

David wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 3:17 pm From the docs here:
https://www.meldaproduction.com/doc/MSoundFactory
MSoundFactory is a modular environment, so we can freely add new modules for various methods of sampling and synthesis. Here's a list of what is planned. When it will be implemented depends on the development time and priorities of course. Feel free to post other ideas to us at info@meldaproduction.com .

Features

Virtual keyboard in the bottom, collapsible
MIDI filtering for modules, most likely based on custom expressions
Optimal microtuning - detuning each note in a chord for optimal alignment of harmonics
Custom GUIs, based on images, lower priority
Instrument browser hash-tag search
Global instrument preset browser, which would allow access not just to the devices, but their own presets, all in one place
FX and 6-out edition of MSoundFactory

Modules

Per-voice equalizer
TurboFilter (planned as a dedicated plugin too)
Sampler & Multi-sampler (current samplers are for percussion only)
Spectral synthesizer, most likely image based
Granular synthesizer
it will also become an effect module? yeah

spectral and granulair! and i have so many samplers already...... but most of them one trick pony's... izotope, for instance..

Would be nice to hear some creations. If it in the end still sounds like something I could do way more easy and pleasing with Avenger, Rapid or even Zebra and Reaktor then I'd rather stick to them.

it will also be 3rd party closed enviromnet like; VM, it seems, other developers can sell instruments for it; again, a money pit?
Licencing plans for third party instruments

Our goal is to make life easy for the third party sound designers, who need quick development, reasonable reselling conditions, easy deployment and simple workflow for target users. In any case, first there will be a full MSoundFactory licence, which will come with everything that the designers need to create their third party instruments, to export them as an archive for the users to download, and to create some sort of licencing mechanism to generate serial keys for copy protection. The price is not settled yet.
Currently this is the planned licence model for 3rd parties, who want to sell their instruments: No royalties for the third parties and a completely free version MSoundFactoryPlayer, which would allow access only to 3rd party instruments and some default 1-3 sounds, no edit screen. It would serve us to make the instrument widespread and 3rd parties can use it to easily sell their instruments with no cost for them nor the target user. It would probably contain some kind of banner asking for upgrading, similar to our free plugins. Then there would be MSoundFactoryLE, priced at say 99 EUR, just to make it a no brainer. So:
- MSoundFactoryPlayer - free, 3rd party instruments, 3 factory instruments, no edit screen
- MSoundFactoryLE - say 99 EUR, 3rd party instruments, all factory instruments, no edit screen
- MSoundFactory - more expensive, 3rd party instruments, all factory instruments, edit screen

We also want the users to be able to trial the instruments (unless the designer specifically forbids that). We believe that the inability to try an instrument before purchase is a major limitation that lowers the sales for most Kontakt instruments. Some sounds designers do offer a selection of instruments from their libraries for just such a purpose.

Feel free to contact us via info@meldaproduction.com with feedback or other ideas.

wagtunes wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 3:08 pm

Glad to hear your first impressions didn't keep you from digging in:)
wagtunes wrote:"…what I heard didn't sound all that great. In fact, it sounded like a mess. Granted the person was just fooling around, but I didn't hear anything that made me go "I gotta get this thing."
There's certainly plenty to be put off by in the Melda Way—it's different for sure!!

But I suspect this thing has the best chance of any of the current Melda products to make serious #s of converts, even reluctant ones.

I'd picked up a handful of Mplugins, and even MPowersynth, over the last few years, always liked the sounds, but never could stay with them for more than a few initial encounters and a couple of nod-off videos…zzz!

But THIS THING…omg. It's had me by the throat for the last 3 months during which I've done little else with plugins, even with my all-time fav Reaktor throwing brand new goodies at my feet.

And those months were mostly filled with DEEP frustration over the "Way", but I just couldn't let go (yeah, strangling back—a Death Match!)

I DO like complex tools, and certainly big, fat feature lists (Reaktor, right?). And this is certainly all that.

But what really gets me and holds me here is how perfectly MSF and all its geeky MPs and EZ Screens and endless menu rabbit holes allows me to actually BUILD stuff, from sounds to MAD modulators to full-on GUIs, that actually DO what I'd pictured wanting to try out, in ways that I can actually manage, unlike with Reaktor's Core and Primary, or Max, or Kontakt/Falcon scripting…

Not having the chops to get behind the curtains with those other builder's tools doesn't keep me from loving them anyway.

But with MSF…whoa!

I can actually (FINALLY!) work this modular, whatever-you-want thing, and it's so deep it's actually WORTH working at. AND, most everything I've built in it, has brought me briefly back to my other synths to see what THEY can do with my whatever new idea proto-typed in MSF.

Damn. It's just inspiring.

THANK you Melda. I've joined The Way. Long Live The Way.
Last edited by David on Fri May 10, 2019 4:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Instruments”