FYI!! Melda SoundFactory ON SALE til JUNE 30

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
MSoundFactory MSoundFactory Sound Library

mrj1nx wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 10:54 am 2 questions:

How is this treating your cpu so far?

Will it at some point work as an insert fx?
CPU is ridiculously low on my beyond-shitty 2012 AMD processor.

I'd be extremely surprised it this will work as an FX in the future, as pretty much noone would ever buy the Melda standalone FX plugins. Sounds like commercial suicide.
Last edited by Niowiad on Fri May 10, 2019 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Whywhy wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 10:41 am
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 7:43 am Anyone testing with a Roli Seaboard or other MPE product able to talk about if MPE and 5D are well-implemented?

Thanks!
Yes, Mpe works great !
Thanks! But for further clarification, does it allow easy assignment to the 5 dimensions of expression and allow editing of the response curves (Think Cypher2 and Equator).

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 11:12 am
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 7:43 am Anyone testing with a Roli Seaboard or other MPE product able to talk about if MPE and 5D are well-implemented?

Thanks!
Yes, Mpe works great !
Thanks! But for further clarification, does it allow easy assignment to the 5 dimensions of expression and allow editing of the response curves (Think Cypher2 and Equator).
It has this menu in which stuff like Velocity, Note-off, Pressure, CC74, PitchBend, ModWheel, CC02, CC11, all have dedicated curves. Assignment of those sources to modulation targets is very fast and easy.
Don't know how it directly relates to a Seaboard, but I'm also interested in this as I'm planning on buying one soon.

If I had an MPE controller I'd definitely demo and test it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I assume this has all the filters that MPS has. In fact, is it safe to assume that this is essentially MPS with the kitchen sink thrown into it?

It has everything MPS has, and way more tools/modules in the sound generators, held together by the grid/modular structure.
And I never liked (therefore never bought, have been having the demo installed forever) MPowerSynth as I've always felt like the interface complexity was not completely justified by the feature set.
With this one it's very different and IMHO completely justified.
As soon as I've seen it weeks/months ago from early testers I knew I was definitely going to get this.

mrj1nx wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 10:54 am Will it at some point work as an insert fx?
Unlikely in my opinion. Melda has already a modular multi-fx system.
See https://www.meldaproduction.com/MXXX

This is a great deal and I'd pick it up now before the price increases. Keep in mind however that its still in beta, meaning that the presets and other things aren't ready, so there will be a lot more content in the future. Also there will be more features added in the future. Right now it doesn't have presets(well it does have a few and a ton imported from MPowersynth), and in the future it should be easier to use.

This actually isn't like MPowersynth, except in the fact that the basic OSC and filters(new filters are coming though) are the same. This can do a lot of things MPS can't do and it is modular. Its a digital modular synth, so don't expect a virtual analog synth. It does have MPE support, but I don't have a controller, so I can't really say how well it works. You can adjust the response of the controllers though. There are a lot of hidden/unexpected features to it that make it really interesting and a sound designers playground. When it is officially released it should be useful for those that don't enjoy programming.

akeia wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 11:51 am
mrj1nx wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 10:54 am Will it at some point work as an insert fx?
Unlikely in my opinion. Melda has already a modular multi-fx system.
See https://www.meldaproduction.com/MXXX
which also have the activated version of msoundfactory in it already :P :hyper: :!:
Win 10 x64 with specs enough to run DAW without bouncing any track
KZ IEM,32-bit 384Khz dac running at 32bit 48Khz
mainly use REAPER, MTotalbundle, Unfiltered Audio TRIAD and LION, NI classic collection,......... ETC

You can also load MSF inside MSF as an effect.

As an added bonus you get 2493 files installed most of which have nothing to do with Soundfactory.

Melda 051019-1.png
Anyway trying the demo and it seems like a very powerful synth. I just have to get over my hatred of Melda's lazy programming that spews files from every one of his plugins all over your hard drive and stop typing yes you can choose which plugins install but not which support/preset files it installs. The amount of support files Melda requires is somewhat disconcerting. Imagine if N.I. installed every preset for every one of their plugins when you install a single one....then imagine if every developer did the same thing. You'd end up with more stuff you don't need that stuff you do.

Oh well I'm going to spend some more time with the Demo and see if it speaks to me. So far I'm not at "must have" but I am at "must spend more time with it". Then I have to decide if all the fluff and blubber is worth installing on my studio computer. At least Soundfactory appear to be something new so kudos for that..... :tu:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Niowiad wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 11:36 am
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 11:12 am

Thanks!
Yes, Mpe works great !
It has this menu in which stuff like Velocity, Note-off, Pressure, CC74, PitchBend, ModWheel, CC02, CC11, all have dedicated curves. Assignment of those sources to modulation targets is very fast and easy.
Don't know how it directly relates to a Seaboard, but I'm also interested in this as I'm planning on buying one soon.

If I had an MPE controller I'd definitely demo and test it.
Thanks! Downloaded the demo, and had a quick flip through. Might try again when I can sit down with my Seaboard. However, first impressions are leaving me cold.

The.. Best.. Plucks.. I've ever made..

So I downloaded version 13 installer, installed MSF demo and Melda went ahead and uninstalled...

MUnison
MTurboDelay
MTurboReverb
MPowerSynth

Are you telling me that I have to reinstall all the stuff I already had installed because of this asinine system they use?

wagtunes wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 2:44 pm So I downloaded version 13 installer, installed MSF demo and Melda went ahead and uninstalled...

MUnison
MTurboDelay
MTurboReverb
MPowerSynth

Are you telling me that I have to reinstall all the stuff I already had installed because of this asinine system they use?
it didn't deinstall the plugins i already had (only 3). but it when you use installer version 13, it indeed deinstalls everything, not everything, the plugins.

i mean the 3 plugins i own, were marked, selected.. based on the previous selection you made perhaps?

i do the demo... sounds powerfull... but i have already powerfull stuff... (i don not own that many plugins... but still, it is a collection..), so i am in doubt. that it can be used as an FX insert... yes i know, why it won't be that way, but still...

wagtunes wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 2:44 pm So I downloaded version 13 installer, installed MSF demo and Melda went ahead and uninstalled...

MUnison
MTurboDelay
MTurboReverb
MPowerSynth

its a melda style of deleting old versions of vst(a type of version control sorta speak) you already have so that you wont have to go to the steinberg folder.....
Win 10 x64 with specs enough to run DAW without bouncing any track
KZ IEM,32-bit 384Khz dac running at 32bit 48Khz
mainly use REAPER, MTotalbundle, Unfiltered Audio TRIAD and LION, NI classic collection,......... ETC

Return to “Instruments”