Arturia VCollection 7 Official thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
V Collection X

Rivanni wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:09 pm
fmr wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:11 am
telecode wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:38 am Good for Arturia and co! They are not doing anything stupid like adding fuggin Sounds.com crap like NI are doing.
Arturia has nothing to do with Sounds.com - that's a NI thing
He said LIKE.
He said "like adding fuggin Sounds.com crap like NI". To which I replied that NI is doing that because Sounds.com is a NI thing :shrug:
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:06 pm
telecode wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:38 am Good for Arturia and co! They are not doing anything stupid like adding fuggin Sounds.com crap like NI are doing.
He said LIKE.
He said "like adding fuggin Sounds.com crap like NI". To which I replied that NI is doing that because Sounds.com is a NI thing :shrug:
And what he means, as I understand it, is he's glad Arturia are not doing something similar on their part but instead focusing on developing stuff their users want.

riddim83 wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:12 pm
fmr wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:06 pm
He said LIKE.
And what he means, as I understand it, is he's glad Arturia are not doing something similar on their part but instead focusing on developing stuff their users want.
Yes. Exactly this. I am very happy Arturia are not doing sounds.com

Now let's move on.
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:30 am I am on VC6 and got some 21 updates. And for the first time with Arturia, the download speed was terribly slow yesterday, through both ASC as well direct download from website.

Did anyone else face this issue?
I updated today and it took about 30 mins for version 7 to update everything.

Examigan wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:30 pm
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:30 am I am on VC6 and got some 21 updates. And for the first time with Arturia, the download speed was terribly slow yesterday, through both ASC as well direct download from website.

Did anyone else face this issue?
I updated today and it took about 30 mins for version 7 to update everything.
Yes, for me too, but the next day. :)

V Collection upgrade price... just dropped to $99 for me. Price good until Dec 5th. Finally!

jdoo wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:36 pm V Collection upgrade price... just dropped to $99 for me. Price good until Dec 5th. Finally!
As expected. However I'm still a bit unsure. V Collection 8 will probably drop next year and I've managed to hold off on V7 so far. So why not wait another ~8 months and go straight from V6 to V8 for $199, instead of paying $99 now and another $199 later?

AdvancedFollower wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:26 pm
jdoo wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:36 pm V Collection upgrade price... just dropped to $99 for me. Price good until Dec 5th. Finally!
As expected. However I'm still a bit unsure. V Collection 8 will probably drop next year and I've managed to hold off on V7 so far. So why not wait another ~8 months and go straight from V6 to V8 for $199, instead of paying $99 now and another $199 later?
I am in the same situation as you. I will wait for V8. Most of the new sounds are accessible via AnalogLab. Hope for V8 and new Instruments.

I am on the fence as well, to be honest. Nothing as compelling as last year (DX7 V) for me, this year. May end up waiting until next year too. Just brought it up here, as a public service announcement. :D

Due to Arturia's stupid upgrade policy for loyal customers, they've lost at least €50 (of my money). And they will loose another €50 next version, unless they start treating their loyal customers with some respect. I would have upgraded at €149, but never ever again at the initial upgrade price of €199, and certainly not at €299.

So..yes, finally!
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

starflakeprj wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:56 pm Due to Arturia's stupid upgrade policy for loyal customers, they've lost at least €50 (of my money). And they will loose another €50 next version, unless they start treating their loyal customers with some respect. I would have upgraded at €149, but never ever again at the initial upgrade price of €199, and certainly not at €299.

So..yes, finally!
To be fair, its 'most software companies' stupid upgrade policy...NI (wait for 50% off sale), iZotope (wait for 50% Sale) I guess there some economic or marketing reason for wat they do, but I agree, it does seem ridiculous.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

I am sure there will be a great deal from Arturia for BF. They never fail to come through.
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

SLiC wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:02 pm
starflakeprj wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:56 pm Due to Arturia's stupid upgrade policy for loyal customers, they've lost at least €50 (of my money). And they will loose another €50 next version, unless they start treating their loyal customers with some respect. I would have upgraded at €149, but never ever again at the initial upgrade price of €199, and certainly not at €299.

So..yes, finally!
To be fair, its 'most software companies' stupid upgrade policy...NI (wait for 50% off sale), iZotope (wait for 50% Sale) I guess there some economic or marketing reason for wat they do, but I agree, it does seem ridiculous.
NI add a lot more stuff in their Komplete upgrades though. Regarding iZotope, calculating their cost vs what you get, they are worst in class. The only updates they are releasing are one or two versions containing bugfixes, but no new features. So, their products are REALLY overpriced.
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

telecode wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:07 pm I am sure there will be a great deal from Arturia for BF. They never fail to come through.
It's live already, if you are thinking about the V-Collection upgrade?

starflakeprj wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:09 pm
SLiC wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:02 pm

So..yes, finally!
NI add a lot more stuff in their Komplete upgrades though.
True, but so much of it is just 'filler' (to me at least) - 20G sample library of someone playing a xylophone with the jaw bone of an donkey or whatever....I want an Absynth update!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Return to “Instruments”