Arturia VCollection 7 Official thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
V Collection X

I just upgraded from 5 to 7. Is it OK to un-install Piano V1 now that I have Piano V2? Or would I lose presets from analog lab?

I don't think you'll lose any presets from V1 that weren't included in V2, but did you use V1 in any projects? If you did, those projects won't load properly, since V1 will be missing. You can add V2 into those projects of course, but you won't be able to pull up any settings you used in V1 if it's not there. So if you're going to remove V1, I recommend loading any projects that use it, adding V2 to those projects and setting it up the same way V1 is set. Then you can remove V1 from the projects and from your computer.

Steve
Here's some of my stuff: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife. If you hear something you like, I'm looking for collaborators.

planetearth wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:00 am I don't think you'll lose any presets from V1 that weren't included in V2, but did you use V1 in any projects? If you did, those projects won't load properly, since V1 will be missing. You can add V2 into those projects of course, but you won't be able to pull up any settings you used in V1 if it's not there. So if you're going to remove V1, I recommend loading any projects that use it, adding V2 to those projects and setting it up the same way V1 is set. Then you can remove V1 from the projects and from your computer.

Steve
That makes sense. I didn't use V1 in any projects because I thought it sounded pretty crappy :) So sounds like it's safe to delete it! Thanks.

Yeah, V1 didn't sound all that great, but V2 was quite an improvement.

Steve
Here's some of my stuff: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife. If you hear something you like, I'm looking for collaborators.

JerGoertz wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:36 pm I have V6 and all the fx (preamps, filters, comps). My current offer is $199.

Will update once it hits $99, they can choose whether they get my $99 now or later.
I read that in the voice of the godfather.

:lol:

"I'll make them an offer they can probably refuse..."

\
\

A well-behaved signature.

It's reviewed in this months Sound on Sound - "at rather less than £20 per instrument, V Collection 7 really is remarkable value.

Yep, because the current owner upgrade price is obviously subsidising bringing in more people they can try and rip off in the future. No buy now, enough is enough.

Kevin [Arturia] wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:27 pm As I said in the other thread, the price for VCollection user is 199 so if it is not the price you are getting it is a bug in our system and will be fixed.
There is a special price for people who bought vc6 in the last 6 weeks.
I realize the quote above is very old, but then why am I still getting a $299 upgrade price in the Arturia shop when I'm logged into my account? I own V6. According to the Arturia guy who posted here, as quoted above, my upgrade price should be 199. So apparently, months later, this 'bug in the system' has still not been fixed? Or I'm missing something else?

Yes. Another few months later it still shows 299 as upgrade price. Strange tactics...
As an owner of V6, Pigments, Spark and several FX this is a huge disappointment.
You just lost my loyality, Arturia.

guefe wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:32 pm Yes. Another few months later it still shows 299 as upgrade price. Strange tactics...
As an owner of V6, Pigments, Spark and several FX this is a huge disappointment.
I feel you. In the same situation myself, owning v6, Pigments, SparkLE, KeyLab 61 MkII and AudioFuse. No extras for being a loyal customer for years, they rather monetizing extra from the loyal ones.

Rob Papen, on the other hand, understands how customers should be treated.
Last edited by starflakeprj on Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

Black Friday is not far away.

Yup. Wait til Black Fri. I am pretty sure Arturia will have a kick ass sale . Last year their was the best deal on the block.
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

I agree. Wait.

Here's what KVR was talking about last year around Black Friday Arturia-wise:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=514688

starflakeprj wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:03 pm
guefe wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:32 pm Yes. Another few months later it still shows 299 as upgrade price. Strange tactics...
I feel you. In the same situation myself, owning v6, Pigments, SparkLE, KeyLab 61 MkII and AudioFuse. No extras for being a loyal customer for years, they rader monetizing extra from the loyal ones.

Rob Papen, on the other hand, understands how customers should be treated.
Though I agree the upgrade price of V6 to V7 was too high, and should have been €99 without waiting for some BF deal, I feel like I'm getting good value from Arturia. I got the 3 delays for €49, 9 effects (3 comps, preamps and filters) for €99, as well as Pigments for €69. Also, they have released several updates to V6 instruments after V7 was released, including Analog Lab V4 and B-3 V2. As for the V7 upgrade, I'm voting with my wallet and not buying it unless it drops to €99 or below. Might even skip it and go straight to V8 whenever that comes out. It's not like I don't have enough synths already...

Return to “Instruments”