Arturia VCollection 7 Official thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
V Collection X

starflakeprj wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 10:07 pm
meecek wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 9:11 pm
enCiphered wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 7:29 pm Anyone here who updated to V7 and already wrote a complete song that contains any of the new instruments? Would love to listen to some finished tracks :)
It won't happen because it's no worth to create (another) masterpiece while Arturia doesn't make 1:1 emulations :D
You won't be able to hear it in a mix anyway, and even if they're not 1:1 emulations, they sound really good individually anyway :)
I was sarcastic, Arturia user here :wink:

The update to Analog Labs has some nice new features. You can also find 40 New Loops presets for CZV included! :)

meecek wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 12:20 pm
starflakeprj wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 10:07 pm
meecek wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 9:11 pm
enCiphered wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 7:29 pm Anyone here who updated to V7 and already wrote a complete song that contains any of the new instruments? Would love to listen to some finished tracks :)
It won't happen because it's no worth to create (another) masterpiece while Arturia doesn't make 1:1 emulations :D
You won't be able to hear it in a mix anyway, and even if they're not 1:1 emulations, they sound really good individually anyway :)
I was sarcastic, Arturia user here :wink:
In that case, It won't happen because it's no worth to create (another) masterpiece while Arturia doesn't make 1:1 emulations :D
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

I'll wait until I can get the whole bundle upgrade on sale for $99, but I demoed the CZ last night and enjoyed it. I feel like Arturia should stick to digital emulations. I'm much happier with those. :wink:

Anyway, my only prior experience with the CZ was a UVI set, which I surprisingly really enjoyed the sound of. This plugin gets those same vibes. Someone asked a few pages back what the CZ sounds like and my answer to that would be a "start with a DX-7 then get rid of all the shitty sounding things about it." The CZ may not do bells and EPs in that cheesey, but classic, DX-7 way, but it's so much more useful for everything else IMO. Actually has some girth to it.

I contemplated just buying the CZ at $99, but strongly suspecting that the upgrade for the entire bundle will be available at that price within the year, I can wait. Plus, Bazille does a great job of getting great CZ type sounds, so I've got that and the UVI library to hold me over.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 3:53 pmSomeone asked a few pages back what the CZ sounds like and my answer to that would be a "start with a DX-7 then get rid of all the shitty sounding things about it." The CZ may not do bells and EPs in that cheesey, but classic, DX-7 way, but it's so much more useful for everything else IMO. Actually has some girth to it.
Yep, agreed. Plus, the eight-stage envelopes let you do some interesting things that few other synths did back then, even expensive ones...

beely wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 3:59 pm
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 3:53 pmSomeone asked a few pages back what the CZ sounds like and my answer to that would be a "start with a DX-7 then get rid of all the shitty sounding things about it." The CZ may not do bells and EPs in that cheesey, but classic, DX-7 way, but it's so much more useful for everything else IMO. Actually has some girth to it.
Yep, agreed. Plus, the eight-stage envelopes let you do some interesting things that few other synths did back then, even expensive ones...
The CZ was one of the first synths I owned and work with, and I ever loved its sound. The CZ V does great justice to the original (which I still own)
Fernando (FMR)

Is the upgrade price to V Collection 7 the same from all previous version (2, 3, 4 and 6)?
teacuemusic (Musicals)
youtube

teacue wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 9:09 pm Is the upgrade price to V Collection 7 the same from all previous version (2, 3, 4 and 6)?
Yes

@mixtur.se
Thank you.
teacuemusic (Musicals)
youtube

I'm just trying out the new plugins. I thought the Mellotron is more for nostalgics from the 70s but it is more useful than I thought ;) The Mk2 samples like the accordion are from Arturia or a newer Mellotron?
The Synthi V is interesting but also needs a lot of CPU power. The Casio Phase Distortion is great. Sounds pretty fat and surprisingly more like an analog synth and not a FM-synth at all. Good for brass sounds or pads. For me this is the most interesting of the new synths.
I've put some things together (not mixed yet). There's a Nord Lead and Dune but everything else is from Arturia.

https://soundcloud.com/52degree/avc7-playground/s-uvzoQ
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

4damind wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 12:27 pm I'm just trying out the new plugins. I thought the Mellotron is more for nostalgics from the 70s but it is more useful than I thought ;) The Mk2 samples like the accordion are from Arturia or a newer Mellotron?
I'm guessing, but they're probably from the Mellotron Mk2. :wink:

4damind wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 12:27 pm The Mk2 samples like the accordion are from Arturia or a newer Mellotron?
In the Mellotron V Preset "d'Accord" there are two Accordions:
"Mk2 FrenchAcc" which sounds to me similar to the M-Tron Pro "French Accordion" from the "Streetly Tapes 1" bank
and "Mk2 Accordion" which sounds to me similar to the M-Tron Pro "Italian Accordion" from the "Streetly Tapes 2" bank.
teacuemusic (Musicals)
youtube

Return to “Instruments”