Arturia VCollection 7 Official thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
V Collection X

Mellotron V won't download here due to server overload... the Synthi is nice, the CZ GUI is a harder nut to crack. I am not impressed by the presets. Overall... I believe they made a mistake by not including the 3 filters, amps, and compressors in there while offering a competitive 99€ upgrade path for the owners of both V6 and the latter. That would have made a lot more sense and would unify the entire range of products, whilst the only missing piece of their puzzle would have been a host. A very good opportunity was missed. I still want to check mellotron out before I make my conclusions and decide whether I'll upgrade or not

silly question, if you upgrade to v collection 7, you will also own still collection 6? and you can sell it...?
because i see people, who have several versions. or is the cubase way? you can use collection 4, while having collection 6 license?

andrew71 wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:09 am
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:44 am Is Analog Lab 4 for V Collection 6 exactly same as V Collection 7 except for the newly introduced instrument presets?
It appears to be. There are a limited number of presets for the CZ and Synthi - maybe 20 or so each, and 4 for the Mellotron.
I have 451 presets for the CZ and 295 for the Synthi, but only 48 for the B3v2. Can't finish the Mellotron, been stuck on 5% for the last 12 hours or so.

WasteLand wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:25 am silly question, if you upgrade to v collection 7, you will also own still collection 6? and you can sell it...?
because i see people, who have several versions. or is the cubase way? you can use collection 4, while having collection 6 license?
In the past you could sell the older version.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

I get it that upgrading a bundle needs to be more expensive „per item“ compared to buying a new full bundle license...

... but I‘ll add my voice to the „199 is too much“ choir.

Granted, that’s partially because I own Xils 4, virtualCZ and UVI Mello, and I‘m not convinced that the Arturia equivalents would add 199 bucks‘ worth of quality.

129 would have been my instant-purchase-limit, I‘d have given it a thought or two at 149... but not 199 unless I see the light regarding Arturia‘s quality in comparison to what I already own.

I admire a company‘s „We don‘t force you guys to buy“ stance as it shows these guys have a spine, but maybe, just maybe, sending a bunch of „Limited time special offer! Save an extra 70 bucks when you upgrade within 10 days!“ vouchers to all registered customers of VC6 would make a lot of people happy and provide extra upgrade revenue.

AdvancedFollower wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:08 amIt's not about wanting something for nothing, it's about getting a fair upgrade price.

New buyers: €399 for 24 instruments = €17 per instrument
Upgrade offer 1 (€299) for 3 new instruments: €100 per instrument
Upgrade offer 2 (€199) for 3 new instruments: €66 per instrument
(I think has already been said by Kevin, the upgrade offer should be 199, the 299 thing is a bug...)

Remember: The main V-Collection price is *hugely* discounted from the individual products. The instruments sell for around, what, $100 individually, so instead of paying $2400 for those 24 instruments, you are paying, what, 15% of that, which is a huge deal, even if you are not interested in some of the bundled instruments.

This incentivises people to jump onboard - it saves people money, and Arturia get additional sales because of the good value of the collection, even though they might lose out a little from people who would buy multiple individual instruments at the normal price.

The price of getting such a good entry deal is the bundle upgrades, which aren't as good a deal as that first onboarding price (that *everybody* gets, regardless of when they first purchase the collection.) People with the collection are more likely to give more money to Arturia over the lifetime of those products with (optional) upgrades.

Now, I happen to think that the new collection upgrade pricing actually isn't a bad deal, as it's not just updates/fixes to stuff you have, it's brand new instruments, so you really are getting new stuff. And $66/instrument (or whatever it is) is still good pricing compared to the individual products, and the typical pricing of other similar products - it's just not as great a deal as that first onboarding price.

Remember, everyone gets that first good deal, and then everyone chooses whether they want to upgrade or not, whether it is worth it to them. Upgraders are not being "penalised", new users are being incentivised. You just forgot how good a deal you already got to get you onboard, and would like that to continue forever... (that's what some of you chaps would consider "fair" I guess! ;) )

But whining about "fair" or being "punished" because they'd like some commercial product to be cheaper is rather silly. We'd *all* like *every* commercial product to be cheaper... :D

If the price/value relationship doesn't work out for you at this time, don't buy. But you can't moan about missing out on the sexy new stuff, and if you want the sexy new stuff now, you have to pay the (imo) fair and reasonable cost for it. Or you can wait, and get the sexy new stuff later, when it's not so new and sexy. Same as it ever was...

ATS wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:31 am
WasteLand wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:25 am silly question, if you upgrade to v collection 7, you will also own still collection 6? and you can sell it...?
In the past you could sell the older version.
thanks, a pity..

The upgrade strategy has been the same for many years. The difference with new customers is getting more pronounced as the collection itself gets larger.

But you can't expect to be handed over a new synth for 17 dollars.

My biggest gripe with this update is that all these synths already have good emulations.
I'll give the demo's a go but I doubt the added value will convince me.

The saturation of emulations is pretty much complete when all we get lately is other emulations of synths that already have quality emulations. (Bx just recently; now Arturia).

beely wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:40 am

If the price/value relationship doesn't work out for you at this time, don't buy. But you can't moan about missing out on the sexy new stuff, and if you want the sexy new stuff now, you have to pay the (imo) fair and reasonable cost for it. Or you can wait, and get the sexy new stuff later, when it's not so new and sexy. Same as it ever was...
This sort of common sense doesn't belong here on KVR :D
Well said, and totally agree.

Zipede wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:29 am
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:44 am Is Analog Lab 4 for V Collection 6 exactly same as V Collection 7 except for the newly introduced instrument presets?
It appears to be. There are a limited number of presets for the CZ and Synthi - maybe 20 or so each, and 4 for the Mellotron.
I have 451 presets for the CZ and 295 for the Synthi, but only 48 for the B3v2. Can't finish the Mellotron, been stuck on 5% for the last 12 hours or so.
Since you have these many presets for the new synths, I understand have the V Collection 7, right?

Deja vu all over again. This same conversation happened, with the release of V Collection 6. Prior updates had been $99 for loyal customers. A $199 upgrade as "the lowest you will ever see" was rolled out. Those of us who waited another half year, picked up the update to V Collection 6 for $99. I'm guessing... those who wait until the upcoming holidays (Black Friday / Christmas), will probably see the upgrade price drop to $99, again. Same as VC5 to VC6.

What's 'really' new for folks who own Analog Lab 3.. is access to being able to fully edit the new instuments (or youre stuck with being able to edit a handful of the settings in the presets). What I'm looking forward to, as a Pigments and Analog Lab 3 owner - is this free upgrade, which incorporates Pigments into Analog Lab 4... (so I can layer / split Pigments with my other VC 6 instruments). At least the pic on the Arturia site for AL4 - shows Pigments in there. Downloading the free update now. I will wait and hope for another price drop to $99 for the ability to edit the few new instruments in VC 7.

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:17 am
Okay, thanks. I think there is no question for me to upgrade to VC7. I am getting Analog Lab 4 and all the other updates as part of VC6, which is more than enough for me. :)
On their website is this info:

What’s new in Analog Lab 4:

Live mode “Concert” panel to prepare your set and sounds
Stage view for peace of mind when playing live
10 integrated effects to color your sounds
Search anything: tags, instruments, sound designers, styles
Find similar presets with machine learning algorithms
Amazing support for Arturia and generic MIDI controllers
Discover new presets in the Sound Store

beely wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:40 am
Now, I happen to think that the new collection upgrade pricing actually isn't a bad deal, as it's not just updates/fixes to stuff you have, it's brand new instruments, so you really are getting new stuff.
you get as owner of collection 6, analog lab 4 and b-3 v2, and all the other updates/fixes.
if i understand you correctly, you say that you only get that with an upgrade.

the only difference are the new 3 instruments. are they worth it, yes. i agree with what you are saying, but i stepped in for €249, so, it is feels strange to upgrade for €199... i will wait for the sale, enough to do, too much stuff..

3 new instruments are worth it, but i only like the synthi, i think.

Examigan wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:55 am
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:17 am
Okay, thanks. I think there is no question for me to upgrade to VC7. I am getting Analog Lab 4 and all the other updates as part of VC6, which is more than enough for me. :)
On their website is this info:

What’s new in Analog Lab 4:

Live mode “Concert” panel to prepare your set and sounds
Stage view for peace of mind when playing live
10 integrated effects to color your sounds
Search anything: tags, instruments, sound designers, styles
Find similar presets with machine learning algorithms
Amazing support for Arturia and generic MIDI controllers
Discover new presets in the Sound Store
Thanks, I did read that. Since I saw AL4 update in my account, I was wondering how come I got it even when I do not have VC7, but I am pleasantly surprised that it is same as VC7 barring the full number of new stuff presets.

Just a note on CZ-V - as I mentioned before, Oli Larkin, the developer of VCZ, is involved with this (he is credited in the manual.)

As development/updates of VCZ stopped pretty soon after the initial release (even though there were a few emulation issues with it), I thought it had basically been abandoned, but it looks like the VCZ engine is what is being used in CZ-V (from a few sources), with extensions and of course a more extensive interface - so Oli has continued to work on it it seems, and apparently those other slight issues have been fixed.

So CZV should be a slightly better CZ emulation than VCZ, and of course has a lot more options that take it beyond the hardware - which is the virtual CZ I always wanted...

Now someone's gonna have to compile all those multi-thousands of CZ patches for import into CZ-V... :o

Return to “Instruments”