Arturia VCollection 7 Official thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
V Collection X

Is Analog Lab 4 for V Collection 6 exactly same as V Collection 7 except for the newly introduced instrument presets?

Beautifully summarised, I too will not be upgrading because of this debacle in upgrade pricing, I’m an owner of

Many an iteration of V collection
Pigments
ALL Fx
Minibrute 2s
Keystep

$199 is a slap in the face, and not just a slap in the face from a beautiful above your league woman that you would do anything to spend a night with, but rather your existing partner of many a year and you’re tired of her sh@t
wagtunes wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:53 pm Kevin, I have been a loyal Arturia customer since V3.

There are 24 instruments in V7. The price is $399. If you do the math, that comes out to $16.62 per instrument for new buyers.

My upgrade price is $299. That's OVER half the cost of the entire package and it's for all of 3 new instruments.

Add to that the fact that last year's "lowest price it will ever be upgrade" that I believed and paid for turned out to not be the case as a year later you could get the collection for $99.

Given all that, I hope you can understand how a lot of your loyal long time customers will be hesitant to upgrade.

I say this with all due respect. Your upgrade pricing isn't even close to being fair to existing long time customers.

I respectfully hope that Arturia will reconsider this pricing in the future as I will not be upgrading for the first time since getting my first V series product.

its funny seeing wags moan like a bitch at Arturia about the price of an upgrade for something he has openly said he doesnt need.

i hope Arturia dont give in to this minority who constantly want something for nothing. Pathetic

What about the new 800 presets for old instruments, are they only V7 owners ?
They also wrote that they have enhanced the old versions for bether qualtiy, has anybody read the changelog, is there something happened - or will we hear thus update ?

Totally disappointed
I'm VCollection owner since the beginning of the series and i've always updated. I bought 3 Filters, 3 Preamps, 3 Compressors, Pigments, MicroBrute and even the adbandonware Spark...
Update price for VCollection 7 is not fair at all for long term users and Arturia's business steady supporters. And if i'd wait to update to V6 for the 99€ i'd get the 99€ update to V7. So the more i support Arturia the more i get "punished". Insane.

sacer wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:04 am What about the new 800 presets for old instruments, are they only V7 owners ?
Yes.
They also wrote that they have enhanced the old versions for bether qualtiy, has anybody read the changelog, is there something happened - or will we hear thus update ?
You can see the changelog for all the instruments in the Arturia Software Center.

you don't have to buy it yet. Wait for 99€ offer or skip to v8 like the most of us will do :)
You don't need every synth on it's release if they don't have a a nice intro offer.

lalo wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:34 am Totally disappointed
I'm VCollection owner since the beginning of the series and i've always updated. I bought 3 Filters, 3 Preamps, 3 Compressors, Pigments, MicroBrute and even the adbandonware Spark...
Update price for VCollection 7 is not fair at all for long term users and Arturia's business steady supporters. And if i'd wait to update to V6 for the 99€ i'd get the 99€ update to V7. So the more i support Arturia the more i get "punished". Insane.
I don't want to pick on you because you speak seemingly for around a gazillion KVR's, but honestly. It's a very simple rule you have to learn:

WANT IT NOW? PAY MORE

HAPPY TO WAIT? PAY LESS

All this entitlement talk about being "punished" is rubbish. If I buy the upgrade now, I'll have X months of using it that I wont have if I wait. I can make hit records and score movies with it that I couldn't do without it. Are those premium months of use worth it to me? That's the decision everyone has to make, and it really is that simple.

Not every dev works this way, but I don't take it as any kind of personal insult that this is the way they choose to do business. I've not bought Komplete 12 yet because I didn't think I really NEED the new stuff that much. I didn't whine and wail about it, I just thought "cool, see you in June for the sale". The exact same thing here. If this policy is deeply offensive to you, if you take it as a personal attack on your good name that they launch at one price then later sell it cheaper in a sale, then just ignore everything NI, Arturia and many other devs ever sell, take your business elsewhere and quit griping.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

Kevin [Arturia] wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:46 am
sacer wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:04 am What about the new 800 presets for old instruments, are they only V7 owners ?
Yes.
You can see the changelog for all the instruments in the Arturia Software Center.
I am not at home, will check it later after work, but was a bit curious if the sound qualty was optimized, to come more close to accurate emulations like u-he, xils lab, Tal, synapse audio or gforce.
All older arturia synths can't compete soundwise:
MiniV vs The Legend
ProphetV vs repro-5
arp2600V vs Timewarp
SEMV vs Oberhausen
CS80V vs memorymoon80
Jup8V vs Tal Mod / roland cloud

will be also interesting how the new synths compare to Xils4 and VirtualCZ

Regarding upgrade pricing (399 in my account)

When you already have too many plugins adopting the stance of “only buying new products when on sale” works wonders for your self control.

It says no demo available yet? This collection now looks interesting as a new user.
Edit: Ah, i see them all in the Arturia Software Center now to try.

Well, i didn't want to be so harsh as probably my words look like. Just a matter of opinion. As a "good" customer is the second time i feel a little disappointed and "mistreated" (quotes) by what i think is not a good upgrade price strategy on Arturia's side. Just opinions. Not THE truth.. But just how i feel like.
noiseboyuk wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:56 am
lalo wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:34 am Totally disappointed
I don't want to pick on you because you speak seemingly for around a gazillion KVR's, but honestly. It's a very simple rule you have to learn:

WANT IT NOW? PAY MORE

HAPPY TO WAIT? PAY LESS

All this entitlement talk about being "punished" is rubbish. If I buy the upgrade now, I'll have X months of using it that I wont have if I wait. I can make hit records and score movies with it that I couldn't do without it. Are those premium months of use worth it to me? That's the decision everyone has to make, and it really is that simple.

Not every dev works this way, but I don't take it as any kind of personal insult that this is the way they choose to do business. I've not bought Komplete 12 yet because I didn't think I really NEED the new stuff that much. I didn't whine and wail about it, I just thought "cool, see you in June for the sale". The exact same thing here. If this policy is deeply offensive to you, if you take it as a personal attack on your good name that they launch at one price then later sell it cheaper in a sale, then just ignore everything NI, Arturia and many other devs ever sell, take your business elsewhere and quit griping.

AnX wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:01 am its funny seeing wags moan like a bitch at Arturia about the price of an upgrade for something he has openly said he doesnt need.

i hope Arturia dont give in to this minority who constantly want something for nothing. Pathetic
It's not about wanting something for nothing, it's about getting a fair upgrade price.

New buyers: €399 for 24 instruments = €17 per instrument
Upgrade offer 1 (€299) for 3 new instruments: €100 per instrument
Upgrade offer 2 (€199) for 3 new instruments: €66 per instrument

Also, users who skipped V6 pay the same upgrade price, so they get more additional instruments for the same price. Typically, the upgrade price going from the last version is lower than going from an older version, but not in this case.

Also, I don't think it's a minority. The consensus among existing users seems to be to skip this "limited time upgrade offer" and wait for the inevitable €99 sale. That's called "Voting with your wallet", and it's a powerful way to send a message (more powerful than whining on forums).
Last edited by AdvancedFollower on Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:16 am, edited 5 times in total.

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:44 am Is Analog Lab 4 for V Collection 6 exactly same as V Collection 7 except for the newly introduced instrument presets?
It appears to be. There are a limited number of presets for the CZ and Synthi - maybe 20 or so each, and 4 for the Mellotron.

andrew71 wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:09 am
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:44 am Is Analog Lab 4 for V Collection 6 exactly same as V Collection 7 except for the newly introduced instrument presets?
It appears to be. There are a limited number of presets for the CZ and Synthi - maybe 20 or so each, and 4 for the Mellotron.
Okay, thanks. I think there is no question for me to upgrade to VC7. I am getting Analog Lab 4 and all the other updates as part of VC6, which is more than enough for me. :)

Return to “Instruments”